• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Which Goalie Will Have The Better Season?

Rate this topic

Goalie Poll  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

WHO THE f*** VOTED FOR MRAZEK? DEFEND YOURSELF

I did. Equal parts of me was A) Im an assh*ole and this is funny  and B) I would actually love to see Petr come in and become an awesome goalie for the Canes.  

Now I don't even for a second feel we should have kept him, but I do think hes a skilled netminder that IF he could put it all together he could be a beast of a goalie.  Hes 100% showed us throughout his (short) career that he can play some incredible hockey, unfortunately for us its been followed by the Mrazek that sh*ts the bed and lets every other damn shot in the net.    I hope he can put that game of his together and be the goalie he has the potential to be.

As for Howie and Bernier go, I think they'll be a great tandem.  Bernie wants to make a name for himself in Detroit and Howie just wants to stay the man here...Out of all the tandems we have had since Hasek and Ozzy I think our best was Ty Conklin.  It seemed every game I actually got to sit down and watch the dude got a shutout.  If Bernie is anything less then Ty Ill be surprised

Edited by 13dangledangle

2 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

I did. Equal parts of me was A) Im an assh*ole and this is funny  and B) I would actually love to see Petr come in and become an awesome goalie for the Canes.  

Now I don't even for a second feel we should have kept him, but I do think hes a skilled netminder that IF he could put it all together he could be a beast of a goalie.  Hes 100% showed us throughout his (short) career that he can play some incredible hockey, unfortunately for us its been followed by the Mrazek that sh*ts the bed and lets every other damn shot in the net.    I hope he can put that game of his together and be the goalie he has the potential to be.

As for Howie and Bernier go, I think they'll be a great tandem.  Bernie wants to make a name for himself in Detroit and Howie just wants to stay the man here...Out of the back ups we have had since Hasek and Ozzy I think our best was Ty Conklin.  It seemed every game I actually got to sit down and watch the dude got a shutout.  If Bernie is anything less then Ty Ill be surprised

Ah the old hopeful A-hole defense.

To be fair, I hope the best for Mrazek as well. There's a very real chance he hits a hot streak again, and if Scott Darling plays anything like he did last year, Mrazek could easily move into the #1 position. Carolina is actually probably a real good opportunity for him. Weak competition for the net, and a very good defense in front. Hope he makes the most of it, it's probably his last chance to stay in the NHL.

As much as I love Howie, we really need Bernier to play well and be a good transition goalie for the next few years. Howard turns 35 this year and will start aging out most likely. Plus he looked fat this summer lol

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 7/27/2018 at 9:17 PM, NerveDamage said:

11 - 10 in favour of Howie, so far my vote is the tie-breaker

Fixed!

I like Howie and frankly he and Bernier are pretty even skill wise, but Jonathan is 5 years younger and has more to prove at this point...particularly after being bounced around the league like a pinball the last few seasons. I say he steps it up a notch and outplays #35.

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To start the season:

Jimmy Howard: 2 GP, 2.36 GAA, 0.924%
Johnny Bernier: 1 GP, 3.09 GAA, 0.875%
Petr Mrazek: 2 GP, 3.52 GAA, 0.841%

When will you Howard haters learn your lesson? Will it be a week from now? Thanksgiving? Never? Vote now.

I voted Bernier, and I still think Bernier will have the better season of the three. But yeah, Howard has been solid once again. He made two or three unreal saves last night that he had no business making. Mrazek has been trash. I believe this season is his last chance to make a name for himself, and unless he turns it around quickly (I doubt he will), this may be his last season in the NHL...