• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

In Praise of Tyler Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You know what I meant. He might not get to pick and chose is all. 

Nobody is signing him for more than 3 years... and the longer the contract the lower the AAV.  He definitely screwed the pooch on his contract.

At the risk of turning this into a Sprong thread I'll just say that he's much more physical than I anticipated. His defensive game is better too. He works hard on the boards and forechecks/backchecks well. I've followed his career for a while and could never figure out why he couldn't catch on somewhere. I'm still not sure why he didn't, he's a heck of a depth scorer and I wouldn't hesitate to play him higher in the lineup if injuries required it.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

At the risk of turning this into a Sprong thread I'll just say that he's much more physical than I anticipated. His defensive game is better too. He works hard on the boards and forechecks/backchecks well. I've followed his career for a while and could never figure out why he couldn't catch on somewhere. I'm still not sure why he didn't, he's a heck of a depth scorer and I wouldn't hesitate to play him higher in the lineup if injuries required it.

This is now a Sprong thread. Get phugged Tyler! 

6 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Bertuzzi - 3 points last game, starting to get hot

Yeah I see he padded his stats with 2 assists after going up 5-0 vs Nashville on the weekend. Truly heroic. What a menace

Edited by The 91 of Ryans