• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Mantha out 4 to 6 weeks with hand injury

Rate this topic

On 12/6/2018 at 7:13 AM, krsmith17 said:

:lol: What a dumb article...

"To me, it just seems logical that Mantha is, and should be, the odd man out down the road."

In no world should Mantha be the "odd man out" on this team. We're not in a situation where we need to trade a part of our young core. So you don't do it, unless a deal comes along that you just can't refuse. I'm not completely opposed to trading Mantha, but if we are it would have to be for a young stud defenseman. Certainly none of the mediocre defensemen he mentions...

Yeah, he only started getting into two worthwhile targets at the end there. Werenski and Trouba. Good to know Werenski would like to play in Detroit with Larkin though. He's an RFA after this season coming off his ELC, but I doubt Holland would offer sheet anyone.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:27 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

How many visors did Shanahan have to punch? 

Also, while we're on the topic, f*** Shanahan. He was never a real Wing. He just passed through here and rode Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Fedorov's coat tails to Stanley Cups. Plus anyone who leaves and organization because he can't cut it playing for a certain coach then turns around and poaches said coach from the same organization is a bitchy little hypocrite. 

Shanny was never a real Wing?? I don't think i've ever seen that statement on these boards. He was the final piece the team needed to win the Cup in '97. Won two more with them after that. Hit, fought, scored..guy played his ass for Detroit. It's also the team he stuck with the longest in his career. Nine seasons. When people think of Shanny, Wings fans or not, they instantly think of him in a DET jersey, not NJ, STL, HFD, NYR. He didn't leave just because of one season under Babcock, although they may not have always got along. No one always gets along with Babcock. He's a no bulls*** coach that expects the best you can give. Shanny said when he signed with NYR that he thought he was part of the past in Detroit, new guys were stepping up and leading the team, it was in good hands, just time to move on for a new experience.

As for "poaching" Babcock, that was years down the road, and obv Shanny knew he was a great coach. There was always a huge chance Babs would be moving on after his contract expired anyways. The team was trending downwards, he already took them to the WCF final, then two consecutive Finals in '07, '08, '09, winning one Cup and nearly two. Nothing left to accomplish.

Edited by chaps80

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Shanny was never a real Wing?? I don't think i've ever seen that statement on these boards. He was the final piece the team needed to win the Cup in '97. Won two more with them after that. Hit, fought, scored..guy played his ass for Detroit. It's also the team he stuck with the longest in his career. Nine seasons. When people think of Shanny, Wings fans or not, they instantly think of him in a DET jersey, not NJ, STL, HFD, NYR. He didn't leave just because of one season under Babcock, although they may not have always got along. No one always gets along with Babcock. He's a no bulls*** coach that expects the best you can give. Shanny said when he signed with NYR that he thought he was part of the past in Detroit, new guys were stepping up and leading the team, it was in good hands, just time to move on for a new experience.

As for "poaching" Babcock, that was years down the road, and obv Shanny knew he was a great coach. There was always a huge chance Babs would be moving on after his contract expired anyways. The team was trending downwards, he already took them to the WCF final, then two consecutive Finals in '07, '08, '09, winning one Cup and nearly two. Nothing left to accomplish.

Mrazek > Shannahan