• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Mantha out 4 to 6 weeks with hand injury

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm going to post this in two threads:

This kind of s*** would never have happened with Babcock as coach. People complained about the Wings not sticking up for teammates and/or being too soft? Well this is what you get folks. 

$5 says 2 to 4 Leafs will be carried off the ice surface Thursday night.

On a more serious note - yeah it sucks 1 of our promising guys will be out...Apparently will require surgery.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Some of you are being a little overdramatic?  Mantha's been a -8. 

Ah, the most important stat... +/-.

Erik Karlsson is a -11.

Evgeni Malkin is a -8.

Taylor Hall is a -9.

Mantha has struggled this season, there's no denying that. But he's been starting to heat up, and if you don't think he's a huge part of this team, you're kidding yourself. Especially if you're basing that on such a useless stat as +/-...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ah, the most important stat... +/-.

Erik Karlsson is a -11.

Evgeni Malkin is a -8.

Taylor Hall is a -9.

Mantha has struggled this season, there's no denying that. But he's been starting to heat up, and if you don't think he's a huge part of this team, you're kidding yourself. Especially if you're basing that on such a useless stat as +/-...

Mantha for Malkin confirmed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Call up Hicketts and Hronek. 

9 forwards, 9 D  :lol:

 

I never saw Hicketts play until this past pre-season...Gotta say I like him - lil'guy has got some balls...Got some snarl - even though he's missing his front teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Modern day beta male power-forward.  How many times did Shanahan break his hand in a fight?  

It's because Shanny woke up at 4 am, walked barefoot to the local farm, and drank milk straight from the udder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Modern day beta male power-forward.  How many times did Shanahan break his hand in a fight?  

How many visors did Shanahan have to punch? 

Also, while we're on the topic, f*** Shanahan. He was never a real Wing. He just passed through here and rode Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Fedorov's coat tails to Stanley Cups. Plus anyone who leaves and organization because he can't cut it playing for a certain coach then turns around and poaches said coach from the same organization is a bitchy little hypocrite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor has it Mantha requested to have these installed...

61ZdGxKo-cL._UX385_.jpg

43 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

How many visors did Shanahan have to punch? 

Also, while we're on the topic, f*** Shanahan. He was never a real Wing. He just passed through here and rode Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Fedorov's coat tails to Stanley Cups. Plus anyone who leaves and organization because he can't cut it playing for a certain coach then turns around and poaches said coach from the same organization is a bitchy little hypocrite. 

He didn't punch visors - he chewed them off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Modern day beta male power-forward.  How many times did Shanahan break his hand in a fight?  

How many times did Shanny have to punch a helmet and visor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chaps80 said:

:lol: What a dumb article...

"To me, it just seems logical that Mantha is, and should be, the odd man out down the road."

In no world should Mantha be the "odd man out" on this team. We're not in a situation where we need to trade a part of our young core. So you don't do it, unless a deal comes along that you just can't refuse. I'm not completely opposed to trading Mantha, but if we are it would have to be for a young stud defenseman. Certainly none of the mediocre defensemen he mentions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this