• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Go ahead, nobody is stopping you.  Matter of fact, I didn't address you or 91 at all.  You both responded to discussions I was having with other people. So I'm not sure where you're getting this "Kip is busting our balls" attitude from?

Cool. So if I said this

Seider is ready for the NHL. Full grown. Smart. Mature. Leader. Mobile. What more do you need? Im most surprised by just how sound his decision making is. Hes calm and collected on every play, and even very comfortable in the O zone. But then he goes to the corners and arrives violently. The kid is not afraid at all of punishing oppenents in the corners.

You'd leave it be? 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Cool. So if I said this

You'd leave it be? 

When have I ever addressed you about anything on this board?

I had one converation with CRL, someone I talk to regularly, about not putting too much stock into this Tourney.  He actually agreed with me BTW.  Then I had another with Ely, who also agreed with me, and then you jumped in. 

So yeah, I'd "leave you be".  Like I always do.  Why?  Because I don't care what you think about hockey.

Just now, kipwinger said:

When have I ever addressed you about anything on this board?

I had one converation with CRL, someone I talk to regularly, about not putting too much stock into this Tourney.  He actually agreed with me BTW.  Then I had another with Ely, who also agreed with me, and then you jumped in. 

So yeah, I'd "leave you be".  Like I always do.  Why?  Because I don't care what you think about hockey.

Right. You're only on here to tell us what YOU think about hockey. 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Right. You're only on here to tell us what YOU think about hockey. 

Who do you mean by "us"?  I don't ever talk to you about anything.  You're the one that insinuated yourself into the discussion I was having with other people. So I'm not sure why you're acting so oppressed. 

Edit:  Also, of course I'm going to talk about my thoughts on hockey.  Who else should I be speaking for other than myself?

Edited by kipwinger

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Who do you mean by "us"?  I don't ever talk to you about anything.  You're the one that insinuated yourself into the discussion I was having with other people. So I'm not sure why you're acting so oppressed. 

Take it to PMs then. Otherwise, buckle up. 

Zombo change your avatar please

Seider is the complete package. He is exactly how I would design a defensemen. There are German scientists in Argentina right now saying "You're welcome Detroit".

Also we don't need centers. Fil is about to return with a vengeance and have a 50 pt season. Mark it nerds.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You realize CRLs wasn't talking directly to you when you decided to curb his enthusiasm right? 

No s***.  I was starting a conversation with him because I like talking to him and generally respect his point of view. 

You've made it clear you don't like talking to me and don't respect my point of view, so I'm confused why you insist on talking to me?  Do you even know why at this point?

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Zombo change your avatar please

Seider is the complete package. He is exactly how I would design a defensemen. There are German scientists in Argentina right now saying "You're welcome Detroit".

Also we don't need centers. Fil is about to return with a vengeance and have a 50 pt season. Mark it nerds.

Done

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

No s***.  I was starting a conversation with him because I like talking to him and generally respect his point of view. 

You've made it clear you don't like talking to me and don't respect my point of view, so I'm confused why you insist on talking to me?  Do you even know why at this point?

See, when you end a sentence by asking me a question, it sorts of, you know, lends itself to perpetuating a convo. So unless I ignore you (which I'm about to do) we continue to talk. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

See, when you end a sentence by asking me a question, it sorts of, you know, lends itself to perpetuating a convo. So unless I ignore you (which I'm about to do) we continue to talk. 

Here's another question, why not ignore me from the beginning?   Again, I never addressed you, you addressed me to begin with.  So if having this conversation is such an ordeal I'd suggest your use the ignore function.  We'd probably both be better off for it.

Here's another question, why not ignore me from the beginning?   Again, I never addressed you, you addressed me to begin with.  So if having this conversation is such an ordeal I'd suggest your use the ignore function.  We'd probably both be better off for it.

I'd say you're laboring a little more than me at this point. 

You can have the last word tho. I suspect that will help. 

20 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You realize CRLs wasn't talking directly to you when you decided to curb his enthusiasm right? 

Not true actually

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dear @kipwinger and @The 91 of Ryans

Can we talk about how awful Kaden Fulcher is? How does this kid have a contract with Detroit? Romeo took his lunch and ordered seconds. 

Seider is ready for the NHL. Full grown. Smart. Mature. Leader. Mobile. What more do you need? Im most surprised by just how sound his decision making is. Hes calm and collected on every play, and even very comfortable in the O zone. But then he goes to the corners and arrives violently. The kid is not afraid at all of punishing oppenents in the corners. 

Im smitten. Gentlemen I think we have our cornerstone Dman. 

@kipwinger

Luckily I got to watch the german games in the WC where Seider stood his ground against different competition(you can rank it yourself). I´ve seen him play at the DC,than I watched all three games in TC so far, so I got to see 24 of the best defensive prospects of Chicago, St.Louis and Toronto. Sure a small sample size but still he was imo the best of them (at age 18). The here highly touted Lindström was not the same level as Mo although being older, more experienced and playing in better competion(at least you said so). I wouldn´t call myself an expert, I´m just a DRW fan for quite a long time. But I´ve seen a lot of Detroit prospects over the years and a lot of d-men and Seider is the most promising player in a long time. To most it came a bit as a surprise to see him being picked at #6, I stayed up till 4 in the morning hoping to see SY picking him, because of the way he played during the WC. After years of regression on the DRW roster there are a few bright spots in the future and most of us here are just hopeful and happy to have something positive to talk about. No one said that he will be our #1 d-man at season start, most of us agreed that some meaningful minutes in GR would help his development, but from what I and others (you didn´t) have seen, there is reason to believe that he will be a legit #1 d-man.

so unless you watch the replays of the three games, there is no further comment of yours regarding Seider needed, because you obviously have no clue what type of player he is.

14 minutes ago, ely s said:

@kipwinger

Luckily I got to watch the german games in the WC where Seider stood his ground against different competition(you can rank it yourself). I´ve seen him play at the DC,than I watched all three games in TC so far, so I got to see 24 of the best defensive prospects of Chicago, St.Louis and Toronto. Sure a small sample size but still he was imo the best of them (at age 18). The here highly touted Lindström was not the same level as Mo although being older, more experienced and playing in better competion(at least you said so). I wouldn´t call myself an expert, I´m just a DRW fan for quite a long time. But I´ve seen a lot of Detroit prospects over the years and a lot of d-men and Seider is the most promising player in a long time. To most it came a bit as a surprise to see him being picked at #6, I stayed up till 4 in the morning hoping to see SY picking him, because of the way he played during the WC. After years of regression on the DRW roster there are a few bright spots in the future and most of us here are just hopeful and happy to have something positive to talk about. No one said that he will be our #1 d-man at season start, most of us agreed that some meaningful minutes in GR would help his development, but from what I and others (you didn´t) have seen, there is reason to believe that he will be a legit #1 d-man.

so unless you watch the replays of the three games, there is no further comment of yours regarding Seider needed, because you obviously have no clue what type of player he is.

Neither do you against pro-level competition, that's my point.  Everybody thought Zadina was going to be an "elite" scorer prior to last season too, and now everybody seems to be a bit more measured.  The AHL is a really good league. If Seider excels there then I'll be ready to talk about "top pair upside".  But (through no fault of his own) he's never played at that level.  He's never even played consistently against NHL caliber talent (past or future).  No offense to the DEL, but it's not full of future NHLers, or past NHLers.  So it's hard for me to figure how good he'll be until I've seen him against better players.

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Neither do you against pro-level competition, that's my point.  Everybody thought Zadina was going to be an "elite" scorer prior to last season too, and now everybody seems to be a bit more measured.  The AHL is a really good league. If Seider excels there then I'll be ready to talk about "top pair upside".  But (through no fault of his own) he's never played at that level.  He's never even played consistently against NHL caliber talent (past or future).  No offense to the DEL, but it's not full of future NHLers, or past NHLers.  So it's hard for me to figure how good he'll be until I've seen him against better players.

In May he played against NHL players, I don´t know if you know any of them, there was a guy called Dylan Larkin, I can´t tell if he´s any good. Tomas Tatar, Patrik Kane,... I don´t know them that well, so probably you can tell me...

2 minutes ago, ely s said:

In May he played against NHL players, I don´t know if you know any of them, there was a guy called Dylan Larkin, I can´t tell if he´s any good. Tomas Tatar, Patrik Kane,... I don´t know them that well, so probably you can tell me...

Let me illustrate my point.

If you're Cam York, and every single day at practice you have to defend against Jack Hughes, and Cole Caufield, and Trevor Zegras, and Matthew Boldy, and Alex Turcotte then you're consistently playing against not just NHL caliber talent, but top of the 1st round NHL talent.  If you're a top defender in the QMJHL you're facing a Veleno or Lafreniere or Comtois almost every game. 

The DEL has nothing comparable to that.  I realize, as you've pointed out, that he played at the WC and looked pretty good.  I agree.  But that's only 5 games.  When he performs like that over 75 games in the AHL I'll be a bigger believer in his "1D" upside.  Until then I'll stick with what I've always thought about him, he's most likely to be a good NHL defender in the mold of a Colton Paryako. 

Just now, ely s said:

are you trying to tell me that any QMJHL team would survive in the DEL ?

No, I'm telling you that Mortiz Seiders and Tim Stutzles are the exception in the DEL.  While the Canadian Junior Hockey leagues regularly produce very high end draft eligible players.  For that matter so do the Swedish and Finnish leagues.  As a result it's easier to tell how good players coming out of those leagues are going to be.  It's a little more of a crap shoot with the DEL, so I'm going to need to see more of Seider (like in the AHL) before I'm ready to conclude that he's going to be a 1D some day.

No, I'm telling you that Mortiz Seiders and Tim Stutzles are the exception in the DEL.  While the Canadian Junior Hockey leagues regularly produce very high end draft eligible players.  For that matter so do the Swedish and Finnish leagues.  As a result it's easier to tell how good players coming out of those leagues are going to be.  It's a little more of a crap shoot with the DEL, so I'm going to need to see more of Seider (like in the AHL) before I'm ready to conclude that he's going to be a 1D some day.

got it, than join the conversation again once he´s playing there and let us have our thoughts and HYPE!

The great war of 2009 was a terrible defeat for the once mighty Detroit. The allied powers of Russia commanded by Malkin, and the west commanded by Crosby, left our once great roster decimated and in ruin. For 10 years we have struggled to rebuild from the ashes. But now, a single man, a German man, has risen to lead us out of the darkness. Under his leadership, and with his lead passes from the backend, our forward divisions led by Larkin and Athanasiou will be able to engage the enemy in lightning warfare, and the Red Wing empire will rise high once again. Hail Mo Seider!

2 minutes ago, ely s said:

got it, than join the conversation again once he´s playing there and let us have our thoughts and HYPE!

Nobody said you couldn't.  Also, it seems perfectly reasonable to discussion the quality of competition the kid has faced up to this point in his career.  It also seems reasonable to wonder what effect, if any, that will have on him once he's consistently facing NHL caliber talent (whether that be in training camp, the pre-season, the AHL, or the NHL).  It seems equally relevant to ask whether a performance at a prospects tournament is the best evaluative tool when A) more than half of each team is full of free agent invitees (like Gregor McLeod) or late round picks (like Elmer Soderblom), or B) the competition is so weak that projected bottom of the roster guys like Chase Pearson are performing at insanely unsustainable rates. 

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The great war of 2009 was a terrible defeat for the once mighty Detroit. The allied powers of Russia commanded by Malkin, and the west commanded by Crosby, left our once great roster decimated and in ruin. For 10 years we have struggled to rebuild from the ashes. But now, a single man, a German man, has risen to lead us out of the darkness. Under his leadership, and with his lead passes from the backend, our forward divisions led by Larkin and Athanasiou will be able to engage the enemy in lightning warfare, and the Red Wing empire will rise high once again. Hail Mo Seider!

That's your 2nd oblique reference to Nazism today.  You're on fire.