• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

1. We will be more than just a lottery team for the next five years. We will be a bottom 10 team. 

2. Sure. When you lose you can change your member title to "Zombo Rules" and you location to "Dumbass-ville" For a month or something. I can do something similar at your request. But that won't happen. 

Edit: Not saying Nfld is full of dumbasses. Only you :lol:

bite me

1. That's a bet I would definitely take. Why such negativity?

2. You sound very confident. Why the hostility?

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This world man. It's getting me down. But, yes, very confident. 

Are you one of those tinfoil hat wearing f***ers that thinks the league is out to get us and that's why we won't win the draft lottery? 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Are you one of those tinfoil hat wearing f***ers that thinks the league is out to get us and that's why we won't win the draft lottery? 

No. I may have only gotten a C in stats in Uni but 1 in 5 does not seem like great odds to me. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No. I may have only gotten a C in stats in Uni but 1 in 5 does not seem like great odds to me. 

It's not 1 in 5 though. It's a little better than 1 in 3. Remember it's top 2 that we're discussing, not number 1. Still not great odds, but like I said, I believe we're due for a little luck in the draft lottery.

In 2016-17 we had a 15.3% chance at a top 2 pick. We dropped back 3 spots. In 2017-18 we had a 16.2% chance at a top 2 pick. We dropped back 1 spot. In 2018-19 we had a 19.1% chance at a top 2 pick. We dropped back 2 spots. This year, we'll have a 35% chance at a top 2 pick. The odds aren't great, but if I have a 1 in 3 chance to win anything, I'm going to be at least somewhat confident I could win...

If you want to be pessimistic about our draft odds, that's fine, but I don't think there's any need in calling someone stupid for being optimistic... You do you though...

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's not 1 in 5 though. It's a little better than 1 in 3. Remember it's top 2 that we're discussing, not number 1. Still not great odds, but like I said, I believe we're due for a little luck in the draft lottery.

In 2016-17 we had a 15.3% chance at a top 2 pick. We dropped back 3 spots. In 2017-18 we had a 16.2% chance at a top 2 pick. We dropped back 1 spot. In 2018-19 we had a 19.1% chance at a top 2 pick. We dropped back 2 spots. This year, we'll have a 35% chance at a top 2 pick. The odds aren't great, but if I have a 1 in 3 chance to win anything, I'm going to be at least somewhat confident I could win...

If you want to be pessimistic about our draft odds, that's fine, but I don't think there's any need in calling someone stupid for being optimistic... You do you though...

I think we've corresponded enough to know I wasn't really calling you stupid. 

If we have 66.6~% chance of being pick 3-4 and a 33.3~% of being 1-2 am I really being pessimistic about our chances? If it was a coin toss, I might be convinced to agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think we've corresponded enough to know I wasn't really calling you stupid. 

If we have 66.6~% chance of being pick 3-4 and a 33.3~% of being 1-2 am I really being pessimistic about our chances? If it was a coin toss, I might be convinced to agree with you. 

I get that the odds aren't in our favor, but yeah, to me that is being pessimistic. If you were in a prize draw with two other people, each having equal chance to win, would you think you could possibly win? Of course you would, but yet you act as if there's no way we can possibly win (a top 2 pick in) the draft lottery with basically the same (slightly better) odds...

Stop with the negativity... We're f***ing due man!

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I get that the odds aren't in our favor, but yeah, to me that is being pessimistic. If you were in a prize draw with two other people, each having equal chance to win, would you think you could possibly win? Of course you would, but yet you act as if there's no way we can possibly win (a top 2 pick in) the draft lottery with basically the same (slightly better) odds...

Stop with the negativity... We're f***ing due man!

LOL This is what you said last year. And the year before that. We're going in circles here. 

Here's something positive. Regardless of where we pick, that player will most likely be our new best prospect. And the harvest will continue for a few more years too. It will be disgusting how good we are................

in 7 years. ;) 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL This is what you said last year. And the year before that. We're going in circles here. 

Here's something positive. Regardless of where we pick, that player will most likely be our new best prospect. And the harvest will continue for a few more years too. It will be disgusting how good we are................

in 7 years. ;) 

And I'll continue to say it until we eventually luck out. I will say this though, the draft lottery is a f***ing joke. Being as awful as this team, only having an 18.5% chance at the top pick is gross.

This thing isn't going to turn around over night, but I "guarantee" we won't be a lottery team for each of the next 5 years... Yzerman won't allow it. 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

And I'll continue to say it until we eventually luck out. I will say this though, the draft lottery is a f***ing joke. Being as awful as this team, only having an 18.5% chance at the top pick is gross.

This thing isn't going to turn around over night, but I "guarantee" we won't be a lottery team for each of the next 5 years... Yzerman won't allow it. 

What's he gonna do? Build us a new Lidstrom in his garage? 

Yzerman has said approx. 1135 times since becoming GM that we have to be "patient" and that it will "take time". To me, that does not mean "we'll be back in the thick of it in two years". 

I agree about the draft. 18.5% is distgustballs. Should be 30% and you should be guaranteed a top 3 pick no matter what. Of course, if they were 7th worst I'd be singing a different tune. 

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

What's he gonna do? Build us a new Lidstrom in his garage? 

Yzerman has said approx. 1135 times since becoming GM that we have to be "patient" and that it will "take time". To me, that does not mean "we'll be back in the thick of it in two years". 

I agree about the draft. 18.5% is distgustballs. Should be 30% and you should be guaranteed a top 3 pick no matter what. Of course, if they were 7th worst I'd be singing a different tune. 

No, but moves can be made to speed up the rebuild. The Fabbri trade was one example of that. Keep making low risk, high reward trades, and I'm sure he could hit on another one. I'm also not as sure as you that we won't get the top pick. IF we do luck out and get Lafreniere, that would massively speed things up. That along with a few other moves, continued development from the kids, and I think we could realistically be a playoff team, or at least on the cusp within two seasons.

Even if we don't get Lafreniere, maybe we get an Elias Pettersson 4th overall. Maybe Seider is our Heiskanen. I don't know. I'm just not as doom and gloom about the future as some. We have a lot of nice pieces, we just need that elite player. Maybe we get him this year. Maybe next year. Maybe he's already in the system...

Regarding Yzerman's "patience" quotes... No doubt we have to be patient, but that could be 3 years, not 6+ like you're suggesting. 

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

True, but can you imagine the crapfest in here if the team starts to win some games and doesn't finish dead last?

to me, it's always about not sliding further than that 4 spot

that gets us Makar, Petterson, Marner yada yada

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No, but moves can be made to speed up the rebuild. The Fabbri trade was one example of that. Keep making low risk, high reward trades, and I'm sure he could hit on another one. I'm also not as sure as you that we won't get the top pick. IF we do luck out and get Lafreniere, that would massively speed things up. That along with a few other moves, continued development from the kids, and I think we could realistically be a playoff team, or at least on the cusp within two seasons.

Even if we don't get Lafreniere, maybe we get an Elias Pettersson 4th overall. Maybe Seider is our Heiskanen. I don't know. I'm just not as doom and gloom about the future as some. We have a lot of nice pieces, we just need that elite player. Maybe we get him this year. Maybe next year. Maybe he's already in the system...

Regarding Yzerman's "patience" quotes... No doubt we have to be patient, but that could be 3 years, not 6+ like you're suggesting. 

My point was, sure Yzerman can try real hard (like you've outlined above). But "Yzerman won't allow it" is not a reason for this team not being lotto-land funtime for the next half dozen years. There are things he can't control and, realistically, some holes can only be filled through the draft (and even that's not a guarantee). 

Yzerman is obviously taking a Hypocratic Oath-type approach. Be patient, don't do anything stupid to make the team worse, and let time work it's magic. Again, none of this screams quick turn around to me. 

Right or wrong ive always believed the draft is somewhat rigged(pens about to fold the franchise and magically win crosby? Come on) and i think its our turn to get some luck , what is it 3 years we moved back? Im choosing to believe we get #1 or #2 but im gonna believe it’s lafraniere until i see the results 

i think the redwings will be alot better next year , new coach(hopefully) and hoping yzerman gets rid of a few guys + we finally ridding ourselves of ericsson,daley etc... and adding younger kids which should make us alot better , and who knows maybe next year we actually jump up in the draft for once and land us a hughes brother ?

Anyways if seider comes up next season +rasmussen+zadina from game 1 and maybe veleno,cholowski how can we not be better ? I give ourselves one more year of highes and lows before we’re challenging for playoffs again and hopefully making some noise .... am i being niave? Yes most likely i am , but im choosing to believe our prospects are better than most people are giving us credit for 

i know for sure next season will be alot more fun to watch wings games then it is now

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Right or wrong ive always believed the draft is somewhat rigged(pens about to fold the franchise and magically win crosby? Come on) and i think its our turn to get some luck , what is it 3 years we moved back? Im choosing to believe we get #1 or #2 but im gonna believe it’s lafraniere until i see the results 

i think the redwings will be alot better next year , new coach(hopefully) and hoping yzerman gets rid of a few guys + we finally ridding ourselves of ericsson,daley etc... and adding younger kids which should make us alot better , and who knows maybe next year we actually jump up in the draft for once and land us a hughes brother ?

Anyways if seider comes up next season +rasmussen+zadina from game 1 and maybe veleno,cholowski how can we not be better ? I give ourselves one more year of highes and lows before we’re challenging for playoffs again and hopefully making some noise .... am i being niave? Yes most likely i am , but im choosing to believe our prospects are better than most people are giving us credit for 

i know for sure next season will be alot more fun to watch wings games then it is now

Just curious. I'd like to see you list our 7D for next year. Who are they going to be? 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Just curious. I'd like to see you list our 7D for next year. Who are they going to be? 

All depends who we sign july 1st or trade for ? I know we should be better off without ericsson,daley,green ... we cant be any worse? We’re dead last 

hronek nemeth seider dekeyser for sure ... just adding dekeyser back + seider should make us better and i do believe cholowski will be back in despite what some people might think , thats 5 im sure yzerman signs a ufa or attempts to get some youngish d with upside somewhere 

Assuming we don't draft in the top two, I'm all aboard the Stutzle bandwagon.  Kid's got offensive skill, has decent enough size (and will grow), is torching a men's league (that is better than I thought it was a year ago), and could play in the AHL next year.  Slam dunk. 

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

What's he gonna do? Build us a new Lidstrom in his garage? :lol:

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

All depends who we sign july 1st or trade for ? I know we should be better off without ericsson,daley,green ... we cant be any worse? We’re dead last 

hronek nemeth seider dekeyser for sure ... just adding dekeyser back + seider should make us better and i do believe cholowski will be back in despite what some people might think , thats 5 im sure yzerman signs a ufa or attempts to get some youngish d with upside somewhere 

UFAs not re-signed: Green, Daley, Ericsson, Biega

Hronek, Seider, and Bowey (RFA) down the right side.

Nemeth, Dekeyser, Cholowski down the left.

Could really use some help on LD.

Krug I'm sure would be the #1 target, if available, and would be top pair.

A lesser option would be Muzzin, 2nd pair D, tho.

A quieter, less notable option would be Joel Edmundson. Only 26, and could be signed for less than Ericsson. Plus he brings elements that we always wished E had.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

A quieter, less notable option would be Joel Edmundson. Only 26, and could be signed for less than Ericsson. Plus he brings elements that we always wished E had.

Edmundson can be a good pick up if its 2/3 years id have to check who else is available but i dont think muzzin comes here and neither would krug . I know most fans want him but Id personally stay away from chasing him and giving a longterm deal 

target a team with surplus of dmen

rangers have a ton of kids coming maybe get one and hope he turns out good 

hawks also have a ton of young dmen (we sent them one) maybe we can get one? I wanted the wings to draft lucas carlsson so maybe we can get him ? Wont be a star dman and is 22 so shouldnt cost too much with mitchell,regula,beaudien,boqvist coming for chicago

bean from carolina would be nice but i doubt they ever part with him, id have to check further at teams d prospects but i suspect stevie will try and land a dman with some upside while tuomisto etc... develop and hopefully play one day

also not sure bowey returns , im sure if stevie can land a middle pick for him for the next draft hes gone . I could be wrong 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

35 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Don't we have to sign Muzzin this offseason? He did kinda, sorta get into a scrap with Mantha...

I agree with that depth chart, and I'd be okay with rolling with that, until Yzerman acquires an upgrade. Wouldn't be surprised to see some changes made between now and October though...

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Edmundson can be a good pick up if its 2/3 years id have to check who else is available but i dont think muzzin comes here and neither would krug . I know most fans want him but Id personally stay away from chasing him and giving a longterm deal 

target a team with surplus of dmen

rangers have a ton of kids coming maybe get one and hope he turns out good 

hawks also have a ton of young dmen (we sent them one) maybe we can get one? I wanted the wings to draft lucas carlsson so maybe we can get him ? Wont be a star dman and is 22 so shouldnt cost too much with mitchell,regula,beaudien,boqvist coming for chicago

bean from carolina would be nice but i doubt they ever part with him, id have to check further at teams d prospects but i suspect stevie will try and land a dman with some upside while tuomisto etc... develop and hopefully play one day

also not sure bowey returns , im sure if stevie can land a middle pick for him for the next draft hes gone . I could be wrong 

Some pretty big names available: Pietrangelo, Krug, Barrie, Schultz, Bogosian. All of them 28 or 29. Pietrangelo will be too expensive. I think someone massively overpays for Barrie. Bogo is another rightie and we really could use more help on the left side (feels weird saying that).  Same with Schultz. I would still pursue Krug tho. A 5 year deal puts him at 33/34 when it expires and at least we get that top pair D on the left side we need.

Muzzin is already 30. Might be a little too old for this roster TBH.

I think Edmundson would be a good fit if no Krug. He's big. He's young. He's physical. Still has the potential to be a 2nd pair defensive defenseman. Seems like the kind of guy SY would take a flyer on.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Don't we have to sign Muzzin this offseason? He did kinda, sorta get into a scrap with Mantha...

I agree with that depth chart, and I'd be okay with rolling with that, until Yzerman acquires an upgrade. Wouldn't be surprised to see some changes made between now and October though...

I think Yzerman has to go UFA for at least 1 dman.

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Assuming we don't draft in the top two, I'm all aboard the Stutzle bandwagon.  Kid's got offensive skill, has decent enough size (and will grow), is torching a men's league (that is better than I thought it was a year ago), and could play in the AHL next year.  Slam dunk. 

Same.

I'm also liking Jamie Drysdale.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Some pretty big names available: Pietrangelo, Krug, Barrie, Schultz, Bogosian. All of them 28 or 29. Pietrangelo will be too expensive. I think someone massively overpays for Barrie. Bogo is another rightie and we really could use more help on the left side (feels weird saying that).  Same with Schultz. I would still pursue Krug tho. A 5 year deal puts him at 33/34 when it expires and at least we get that top pair D on the left side we need.

Muzzin is already 30. Might be a little too old for this roster TBH.

I think Edmundson would be a good fit if no Krug. He's big. He's young. He's physical. Still has the potential to be a 2nd pair defensive defenseman. Seems like the kind of guy SY would take a flyer on.

I think Yzerman has to go UFA for at least 1 dman.

I'd like Edmundson and/or Gudas.