• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Some Windsor Coach Pulling a Jussie Smollett

Rate this topic

Happened near MSU (allegedly)

Original article: Hockey coach receives racist text from parent

Basically the coach is Muslim, and he claims a parent of a Michigan child texted him saying he doesn't want his son playing for a Muslim coach. The text exchange is in the article.

He blasted this on twitter and it went viral and he got tons of support, even NHL players picked it up.

Newest article: Questions surrounding hockey coach tweet

The arena near MSU where he claims his youth hockey clinic was being held says they've never heard of him or his hockey camp. No arena in the area had ever heard of him.

Apparently he did this once before in 2017 and it was also debunked.

WTF guy?

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

These jerkoffs who make outlandish claims need to be punished as would the person who actually commits a hate crime.

Smollett needed to spend time in a women’s prison..,Serving time in a men’s facility would be like sending a fat kid to a candy store.

In this instance I don't even see how one would punish him...

Like can Suburban Ice Arena sue him? I don't think so, he's not claiming they committed any racism, just this non-associated fictional parent he made up. The guy's just gonna get away with it and it looks like he's gonna keep the charade up looking at his twitter.

And the fricked up part is most everyone is gonna see the first part of all this that went viral with the fake text messages and Evander Kane responding, and barely anyone is going to notice the retraction. They'll just go on thinking (some) mid-michigan hockey parents hate muslims. And the people who do see the retraction are just gonna grow more and more skeptical when someone claims racism.

Guys a dirt bag fersure

People see what they wanna see.

Those who believe in institutional racism/prejudice are going to fall victim to confirmation bias everytime there is any kind of negative interaction between a caucasian and/or male and a minority and/or woman. They dont care about truth or retractions, once they see it, they're already convinced. And they'll only become more and more delusional about it.

13 hours ago, Rick D said:

#JusticeForJuicy

You beat me to it. hahaha

These fake hate crimes are out of control. Funny how it's a dude from Windsor and our Federal election is in four days. Trudeau is pulling out all the stops to avoid losing office. 

On 10/17/2019 at 4:59 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And the people who do see the retraction are just gonna grow more and more skeptical when someone claims racism.

Yep. Playing the race card is actually hurting race relations. It gives the few who actually want to hate and discriminate license to do so because the cries of their legitimate victims are being drowned out by false accusations. And the vast majority of good people who wouldn't stand for that kind of behavior have now lost the outrage over it.

Everyone wants to blame the orange man for it, but the real reason race relations in the U.S. seem to have gotten worse isn't because the "bad guys" are more active. It's because the "good guys" are less inclined to do anything about it because they no longer know who to believe.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yep. Playing the race card is actually hurting race relations. It gives the few who actually want to hate and discriminate license to do so because the cries of their legitimate victims are being drowned out by false accusations. And the vast majority of good people who wouldn't stand for that kind of behavior have now lost the outrage over it.

Everyone wants to blame the orange man for it, but the real reason race relations in the U.S. seem to have gotten worse isn't because the "bad guys" are more active. It's because the "good guys" are less inclined to do anything about it because they no longer know who to believe.

I agree that false claims of discrimination or racial injustice hamper efforts towards equality and racial harmony, but in no way are the plights of legitimate victims being suffocated by those who seek attention over justice.  The proportional disparity overwhelms, even with the increasing presence of platforms designed to facilitate substance starved expression.  

I also am immediately suspect of any assertion that race relations are “getting worse”, imprecise language, and standard fluctuations of events aside, every generation has and continues to improve on their predecessors.  Your inclusion of a perception conditional is appropriate but I disagree with your conclusions.  One of the many metrics in measuring sociological incident trends is false accusations, as they are dependent on progress.  If the reported offense doesn’t breach the current degree of ethical expectations, the desired response will not generate.   

I agree that the blame placed on President Trump is vastly inflated.  There may be some truth to the far too commonly parroted claim that he normalizes sentiments of prejudice but finding concrete data in support of that is as likely as finding offense from the Wings third line.  

I may be further securing an idealistic stronghold but my complaint would be that the news media allows social media movements to dictate reported information.  This practice is self evidently beneficial financially, but favors sensationalism over accuracy.  

This is clearly an oversimplification of the issues, so I’ll take refuge in the restrictions of the format for the many pertinent exclusions.

47 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

I agree that false claims of discrimination or racial injustice hamper efforts towards equality and racial harmony, but in no way are the plights of legitimate victims being suffocated by those who seek attention over justice.  The proportional disparity overwhelms, even with the increasing presence of platforms designed to facilitate substance starved expression.  

I also am immediately suspect of any assertion that race relations are “getting worse”, imprecise language, and standard fluctuations of events aside, every generation has and continues to improve on their predecessors.  Your inclusion of a perception conditional is appropriate but I disagree with your conclusions.  One of the many metrics in measuring sociological incident trends is false accusations, as they are dependent on progress.  If the reported offense doesn’t breach the current degree of ethical expectations, the desired response will not generate.   

I agree that the blame placed on President Trump is vastly inflated.  There may be some truth to the far too commonly parroted claim that he normalizes sentiments of prejudice but finding concrete data in support of that is as likely as finding offense from the Wings third line.  

I may be further securing an idealistic stronghold but my complaint would be that the news media allows social media movements to dictate reported information.  This practice is self evidently beneficial financially, but favors sensationalism over accuracy.  

This is clearly an oversimplification of the issues, so I’ll take refuge in the restrictions of the format for the many pertinent exclusions.

I mean this in the nicest way possible.

You dont sound smart writing like this. In fact i think it comes off as incredibly fake. 

Again, I say that with utmost respect

Anyway, i disagree. I think race relations have become incredibly worse on the surface level of polite society. My formative years were in the 90s and i basically thought racism was dead or dying for most of my life. No one cared anymore. Who gives a s***. Now there seems to be hyper focus on race relations. Suddenly ive gone from average american, to cis gendered white privledged male patriarchy average american. WTF? Its identity politics and its on the rise in a big way. I think fake hate crimes are a direct result of this hyper focus. Bad actors know, and are playing off the fact, that the general public will freak out and run with any sort of racist incident, real or fake.

I tend to agree with morgan freemans very simplified approach to race relations: "if you wanna end racism... stop talking about it." Most ppl dont give a s*** what color religion or gender you are and just wanna get through their day. If you find yourself constanstly thinking about what gender defines you, or what color the person was who was rude to at the bus stop, congradulations youre probably the racist. Identity politics is moronic. And sadly it looks like its only gonna get worse, and its probably going to actually create literal racists in backlash. Fun times. 

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I mean this in the nicest way possible.

You dont sound smart writing like this. In fact i think it comes off as incredibly fake. 

Again, I say that with utmost respect

Anyway, i disagree. I think race relations have become incredibly worse on the surface level of polite society. My formative years were in the 90s and i basically thought racism was dead or dying for most of my life. No one cared anymore. Who gives a s***. Now there seems to be hyper focus on race relations. Suddenly ive gone from average american, to cis gendered white privledged male patriarchy average american. WTF? Its identity politics and its on the rise in a big way. I think fake hate crimes are a direct result of this hyper focus. Bad actors know, and are playing off the fact, that the general public will freak out and run with any sort of racist incident, real or fake.

I tend to agree with morgan freemans very simplified approach to race relations: "if you wanna end racism... stop talking about it." Most ppl dont give a s*** what color religion or gender you are and just wanna get through their day. If you find yourself constanstly thinking about what gender defines you, or what color the person was who was rude to at the bus stop, congradulations youre probably the racist. Identity politics is moronic. And sadly it looks like its only gonna get worse, and its probably going to actually create literal racists in backlash. Fun times. 

I genuinely appreciate the feedback.  I sincerely am not trying to “sound smart,” if my comments are perceived that way, then I accept the criticism.  All I am attempting is to construct a coherent argument, and avoid the trappings of a lazy dialectic.  If my arguments lack clarity or substance then I admittedly need to reimagine them.  

Your measurement of severity is narrowly defined to nomenclature and anecdote.  The metric most commonly used is suffering.  That’s a broad term but it is categorically divided to specifically parallel standard of living metrics.  

We have consensus regarding nonsensical nature of identity politics, but they are again, predictive of progress.  This is not the first nor last time they will be present in our lives, but their current iteration will be fleeting.  

On 10/19/2019 at 10:28 AM, Mckinley25 said:

I genuinely appreciate the feedback.  I sincerely am not trying to “sound smart,” if my comments are perceived that way, then I accept the criticism.  All I am attempting is to construct a coherent argument, and avoid the trappings of a lazy dialectic.  If my arguments lack clarity or substance then I admittedly need to reimagine them.  

Your measurement of severity is narrowly defined to nomenclature and anecdote.  The metric most commonly used is suffering.  That’s a broad term but it is categorically divided to specifically parallel standard of living metrics.  

We have consensus regarding nonsensical nature of identity politics, but they are again, predictive of progress.  This is not the first nor last time they will be present in our lives, but their current iteration will be fleeting.  

I guess the less rude way would have been to say "laymens terms" sorry about that.

identity politics is predictive of progress? Elaborate?

On 10/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I guess the less rude way would have been to say "laymens terms" sorry about that.

identity politics is predictive of progress? Elaborate?

Yeah, because they are the effect of progress, when observed they qualify as predictive of that result.  

The identity politics you referred to, the hyper specificity of gender and racial definitions, followed the social shift of sexual identity acceptance.  Social movements carry momentum and after the designed outcomes are achieved, a vestigial impulse outlives the movement.  It is an outgrowth of moral tinkering, and manifests as a weak imitation of the original movement, absent its teleology.  

Bluntly stated, people want to feel like they are part of a positive social change, but not everyone is in a position to participate.  

Incidents contrary to sexual and racial equality still occur, but the facile nature of identity politics demonstrates progress occurred because they could not manufacture that momentum and social saturation by their own feeble means.  

I said they will be quickly exhausted (relative to social trends) because of the surplus of historical precedence, and as you clearly stated, they can’t survive empirical scrutiny.  

Some artifacts of social movements linger longer than others, most notably, PETA, but the basis of their mission is still tenable.  This has allowed them to simultaneously occupy separate positions on the timeline and exist as an interesting exception to the above rule.

I am going to meander about this topic indefinitely if I don’t force myself to stop, so if it seems like I’m too dismissive of identity politics as a problem it’s only because we can be extremely satisfied with their causation.    

15 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

Yeah, because they are the effect of progress, when observed they qualify as predictive of that result.  

The identity politics you referred to, the hyper specificity of gender and racial definitions, followed the social shift of sexual identity acceptance.  Social movements carry momentum and after the designed outcomes are achieved, a vestigial impulse outlives the movement.  It is an outgrowth of moral tinkering, and manifests as a weak imitation of the original movement, absent its teleology.  

Bluntly stated, people want to feel like they are part of a positive social change, but not everyone is in a position to participate.  

Incidents contrary to sexual and racial equality still occur, but the facile nature of identity politics demonstrates progress occurred because they could not manufacture that momentum and social saturation by their own feeble means.  

I said they will be quickly exhausted (relative to social trends) because of the surplus of historical precedence, and as you clearly stated, they can’t survive empirical scrutiny.  

Some artifacts of social movements linger longer than others, most notably, PETA, but the basis of their mission is still tenable.  This has allowed them to simultaneously occupy separate positions on the timeline and exist as an interesting exception to the above rule.

I am going to meander about this topic indefinitely if I don’t force myself to stop, so if it seems like I’m too dismissive of identity politics as a problem it’s only because we can be extremely satisfied with their causation.    

TLDR: identity politics is a phase, and level-headed reason will return (eventually).

I don't know that I disagree with that conclusion per say, I might disagree more with the premise that it's the residuals of the sexual identity acceptance movement, though I'd agree it is a piece of the puzzle.

It's seemingly cool or advantageous to become a victim these days, which is sickening really. I think the pendulum has already begun to swing back in the other direction already as you suggest it will. Which is why you see more conservative movements gaining steam in NA and Europe. It's simple back lash to being told your an "oppressor" because you didn't acknowledge the correct pronoun of the 183rd gender or what have you, and the result of fake hate crimes to garner manufactured sympathy.

I find it interesting that it is most often the so-called "victims" engaging in their own labeling these days. "I'm a multi-racial, gender fluid, trans-muslim, and therefore I am inherently oppressed". When historically labeling-theory was used to describe the majority labeling and stereotyping a minority. It's almost like... if society won't label us, WE'LL DO IT OURSELVES!

Then this victim culture is coupled with internet outrage culture. OMG THIS GUY WAS RACIALLY PROFILED, BURN EVERYTHING DOWN. The massive rush to virtue signaling before the facts are in is nuts.

IMO one of the interesting shifts in my life time is the moral high ground shifting from the religious right, to the socially progressive left. Where as once the religious right were the major demonizers of all things immoral, now the progressive left has seemingly taken up the mantle to demoize those who do not share the same social proclivities.

IDK, like you say I could go on, but I'd be interested to what you think of my very off the cuff 10 sec take here.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

TLDR: identity politics is a phase, and level-headed reason will return (eventually).

I don't know that I disagree with that conclusion per say, I might disagree more with the premise that it's the residuals of the sexual identity acceptance movement, though I'd agree it is a piece of the puzzle.

It's seemingly cool or advantageous to become a victim these days, which is sickening really. I think the pendulum has already begun to swing back in the other direction already as you suggest it will. Which is why you see more conservative movements gaining steam in NA and Europe. It's simple back lash to being told your an "oppressor" because you didn't acknowledge the correct pronoun of the 183rd gender or what have you, and the result of fake hate crimes to garner manufactured sympathy.

I find it interesting that it is most often the so-called "victims" engaging in their own labeling these days. "I'm a multi-racial, gender fluid, trans-muslim, and therefore I am inherently oppressed". When historically labeling-theory was used to describe the majority labeling and stereotyping a minority. It's almost like... if society won't label us, WE'LL DO IT OURSELVES!

Then this victim culture is coupled with internet outrage culture. OMG THIS GUY WAS RACIALLY PROFILED, BURN EVERYTHING DOWN. The massive rush to virtue signaling before the facts are in is nuts.

IMO one of the interesting shifts in my life time is the moral high ground shifting from the religious right, to the socially progressive left. Where as once the religious right were the major demonizers of all things immoral, now the progressive left has seemingly taken up the mantle to demoize those who do not share the same social proclivities.

IDK, like you say I could go on, but I'd be interested to what you think of my very off the cuff 10 sec take here.

I am comfortable stating with a high level of certainty that if the sexual identity movement of the last few decades could retroactively be erased, the gender identity movement would be non existent.  It’s a cumulative linear progression.  Even the legitimate aspects of gender identity are inescapably joined with its predecessor precisely because societal perceptions of gender were rigidly associated with sexuality.  The nuances of gender fluidity couldn’t be explored until a separation occurred, and that was reliant on the historical contingency of overturning sexual suppression.  The meaningless distinctions you mentioned are also contingent on the expansion of gender understanding, thus cumulative.  They are easily dismantled however, if gender is fluid, then there is an infinite number of possible descriptors between two points of distinctions, which renders the entire exercise no more sufficiently applicable to identity assignments as your given name.  This leaves us closer to where we began this journey, with a binary but practical and enlightened form of biological distinction.  

I mostly agree with everything else you wrote, but I’ll add more later, I’ll have time while the Wings underwhelm tonight.  

3 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

I am comfortable stating with a high level of certainty that if the sexual identity movement of the last few decades could retroactively be erased, the gender identity movement would be non existent.  It’s a cumulative linear progression.  Even the legitimate aspects of gender identity are inescapably joined with its predecessor precisely because societal perceptions of gender were rigidly associated with sexuality.  The nuances of gender fluidity couldn’t be explored until a separation occurred, and that was reliant on the historical contingency of overturning sexual suppression.  The meaningless distinctions you mentioned are also contingent on the expansion of gender understanding, thus cumulative.  They are easily dismantled however, if gender is fluid, then there is an infinite number of possible descriptors between two points of distinctions, which renders the entire exercise no more sufficiently applicable to identity assignments as your given name.  This leaves us closer to where we began this journey, with a binary but practical and enlightened form of biological distinction.  

I mostly agree with everything else you wrote, but I’ll add more later, I’ll have time while the Wings underwhelm tonight.  

I agree with everything you write, but would merely point out that identity politics isn't silo-ed in gender. Much of the radical identical politics we're witnessing is also rooted in race, political preference, religion, etc. Which is why I'd suggest the sexual identity movement is only a piece of the puzzle.

It's like we're in a weird sort of limbo period with nothing better to do than engage in social tribalism and in-fighting. There is no great war to be fought. No soviet menace to beaten back. The genuine societal upheaval and tension of the 20th century is gone. Nothing to unite dissimilar peoples. So everyone looks around the room, picks teams based on shared identities, and engages in petty battles for perceived social power. It's fun, but also sorta scary and unhealthy. A new plane or battlefield brought to you by the internet information age.

And what's worse is someone, or a group of someones, who might not have otherwise engaged in this identity tribalism, is often stoked to do so by opposing groups stirring the pot for better or worse.

Take the BLM or AntiFa movement for example. Some may disagree, but I think whatever good they think they're accomplishing is completely negated by the fact that they are radicalizing their own opposition. Neither movement has accomplished anything on paper, but their opponents who genuinely disagree with them are now up in arms and growing in number, and so they've created their own enemy, and now the beast they thought they were fighting is much more real and more difficult to overcome.

But the LARPing is entertaining I must admit.