• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/24 Herculean GDT - Hurricanes @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, Dabura said:

Fire Blashill. I'm over it. This is unacceptable.

16 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

He might be an OK coach, but he is not the right one for this bunch.  And they need a CAPTAIN.  No cohesion, no plan with the puck.. no nothing.  I can dream, can't I?   Stevie needs to do something.

"A fire begins with a single spark"

y3sm3gF.jpg

Fillup Zaginas...

The good: As I've said from day one, his work ethic is superb and it's still there. As long as he keeps that up good things should come.

The bad: I still do not see the elite offense I am expecting from him. His scoring has gone up in GR recently but it looks like mostly net-front jam goals and one-timers.

The ugly: He was selected because of what he can do with the puck on stick. To date he still hasn't shown much in this regard. He's not creating plays for himself or finding space. Hopefully he can play with Bertuzzi and Larkin soon to build some confidence, I don't think Fil and Helm are gonna help him a ton in that department.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fillup Zaginas...

The good: As I've said from day one, his work ethic is superb and it's still there. As long as he keeps that up good things should come.

The bad: I still do not see the elite offense I am expecting from him. His scoring has gone up in GR recently but it looks like mostly net-front jam goals and one-timers.

The ugly: He was selected because of what he can do with the puck on stick. To date he still hasn't shown much in this regard. He's not creating plays for himself or finding space. Hopefully he can play with Bertuzzi and Larkin soon to build some confidence, I don't think Fil and Helm are gonna help him a ton in that department.

Zadina probably won't ever be an "elite" winger, but he will definitely be a high end top six winger at the NHL level. He's still very young (20 tomorrow). Take away that '6th overall' tag, and he's our undisputed top forward prospect. He may never carry a line at the NHL level, which is fine. Very few wingers do, but he will likely be a very good complement to a high end playmaking center.

The way he's scoring goals is a positive in my opinion. He's scoring in every possible way. He's scored rebound goals in the crease, deflections in the slot, one-timers, off the rush, etc. It's a good thing that he's not scoring all of his goals on clappers from the right-side of the ice, ala Pulkkinen and Frk...

I'm not going to say I see "elite" offense at this point, but it is high end. He hasn't dominated at the AHL, let alone the NHL *yet*, but he's been creating scoring chances for himself and his line mates. It's not like he's been sitting back, waiting for things to come to him. He's been going to get it.

Zadina will be fine.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Zadina probably won't ever be an "elite" winger, but he will definitely be a high end top six winger at the NHL level. He's still very young (20 tomorrow). Take away that '6th overall' tag, and he's our undisputed top forward prospect. He may never carry a line at the NHL level, which is fine. Very few wingers do, but he will likely be a very good complement to a high end playmaking center.

The way he's scoring goals is a positive in my opinion. He's scoring in every possible way. He's scored rebound goals in the crease, deflections in the slot, one-timers, off the rush, etc. It's a good thing that he's not scoring all of his goals on clappers from the right-side of the ice, ala Pulkkinen and Frk...

I'm not going to say I see "elite" offense at this point, but it is high end. He hasn't dominated at the AHL, let alone the NHL *yet*, but he's been creating scoring chances for himself and his line mates. It's not like he's been sitting back, waiting for things to come to him. He's been going to get it.

Zadina will be fine.

If he's not - I'm holding you accountable...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Hudler

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

He doesn't create offense. He's purely a finisher.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Zadina will be fine.

Kinda the whole point to my OP was he doesn't do that

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hudler

I'd like to say that this comparison couldn't be more wrong (because I never liked Hudler), but I can see the similarities. However, Zadina's ceiling is still MUCH higher than Hudler's ever was.

Hudler was a 40-50 point winger for a few seasons with one outlier, where he was a point per game player. I think Zadina will be closer to Hudler's monster season, than his average season...

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He doesn't create offense. He's purely a finisher.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to his play in Grand Rapids. He absolutely has been creating offense.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kinda the whole point to my OP was he doesn't do that

Kinda my whole point is that you're dead wrong in your analysis that "He doesn't create offense. He's purely a finisher."

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So was Brett Hull. He did pretty well for himself.

No way. Hull was better than most in all aspects of the game.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

You clearly haven't been paying attention to his play in Grand Rapids. He absolutely has been creating offense.

No u

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd like to say that this comparison couldn't be more wrong (because I never liked Hudler), but I can see the similarities. However, Zadina's ceiling is still MUCH higher than Hudler's ever was.

In 2018 I called him Hudler 2.0 and everyone laughed at me

inch by inch