• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

2020 Playoffs LOL

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Resp Therapists are the front line of the front line. Used to be a Rad Tech up until a few years ago (changed fields). Glad I'm not doing that now as I cant imagine the nightmare of doing portable chest xrays on Covid positive patients in the ICU.

It is a nightmare...I always help the Rad Techs with getting the digital film plate under the patient for a chest, or abdominal picture...There we are - in a Covid + ICU room - sweating our asses off in the ppe - looking like 1960s era astronauts.

NASA introduces America's first astronauts - HISTORY

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes they do. CoVid 19 is generally transmitted thru respiratory droplets. Masks significantly reduce the amount of droplets infecting others from infected people. They aren't designed to protect the wearer. There has been multiple examples of infected people not spreading it to others because masks were worn. All mass spread events can be attributed to masks not being worn and/or not social distancing. What more evidence do you need?

There's a reason why hospitals spend millions of dollars a year on them.

What this guy said :thumbup:

6 hours ago, F.Michael said:

It is a nightmare...I always help the Rad Techs with getting the digital film plate under the patient for a chest, or abdominal picture...There we are - in a Covid + ICU room - sweating our asses off in the ppe - looking like 1960s era astronauts.

NASA introduces America's first astronauts - HISTORY

What this guy said :thumbup:

Mad respect. I remember how difficult it was even without having to worry about contracting a potentially lethal virus from the patients.

Burn units were always the worst, tho. Trying to get the image plate under a burn victim without them screaming in pain was awful.

35 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Pee ends up on the floor. Covid circulates through closed rooms and ventilation. There's a reason it's much much harder to become infected outside.

No ******* s***. But your stance that masks do nothing is ignorant and moronic. 

7 hours ago, CatBoyRossi said:

My point is if you're in a closed room with a covid infected person your getting the virus; mask or no mask. Masks are BS.

My favorite is how you can't enter or walk around a restaurant without a mask on, but as soon as you're sitting suddenly the air changes and you can't become infected or spread the virus anymore and can take off your mask. We should all be issued government wheelchairs so that no one has to stand up and spread this thing.

This is simply not true. There were 2 covid positive hair stylists in MO who cut the hair of over 100 clients while symptomatic. After 2 weeks of quarantine, not one client tested positive despite spending 15 minutes or more in close proximity (within 6 feet in the same room) with the infected hair stylists. The reason? The hair stylists were wearing masks. There have also been multiple examples of CoVid positive airplane passengers who spent hours in a crowded tube and did not infect any other passengers because they masked up.

What you are referring to is aerosol or airborne transmission. And although there have been rare examples that seem to suggest that it can possibly be spread that way, its highly unlikely. True airborne diseases like Measles (17 more people infected per positive carrier) or TB have significantly higher transmission rates than CoVid (2 more people infected per positive carrier). The data suggests exactly what the CDC has been saying: CoVid 19 is primarily spread through droplet transmission, which makes masks an absolutely effective means to control the spread. Perfect? No. But effective.

It is a shame that there are still people out there arguing about masks. Even in 1918-20 during the spanish flu people wore masks, kids were going to school with masks a hundret years ago to protect themselves. Just wear the damn thing it´s just a mask, you don´t have to chop your arm off.

7 minutes ago, ely s said:

It is a shame that there are still people out there arguing about masks. Even in 1918-20 during the spanish flu people wore masks, kids were going to school with masks a hundret years ago to protect themselves. Just wear the damn thing it´s just a mask, you don´t have to chop your arm off.

Everything is political. It's not actually about masks. It's about some f***ed up ideology. 

23 minutes ago, ely s said:

Australia literally missed an entire flu season because of Covid mask wearing

in the land of the free...

There should be a way to sue people to aggravated assault for not wearing a mask  if they infected you

Edited by ely s

6 minutes ago, ely s said:

in the land of the free...

There should be a way to sue people to aggravated assault for not wearing a mask  if they infected you

Purposefully giving someone HIV is no longer a felony in CA, so I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Wear pants on your head or you can't go into any stores or businesses. Just wear the damn pants on your head, it's just pants. I'm not asking you to chop your arms off.

2009 - swine flu - no masks
2020 - bat flu - masks

You're right it is political

Except the fatality rate for CoVid 19 is already more than 10 times more than it was for swine flu, and its still not over. Apples and oranges.

21 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

2.8% mortality rate nearly all among old folks. And even so survival rate for an infected 74 year old is like 90%.

Tell folks 85 years of age or older to quarantine. Everyone else go on with your lives ya mask wearing dingus brains.

You're so fixated on mortality rate. What you arent considering is:

1. The permanent and long term damage done by the virus to many who survive the disease.

2. The recovery time. 2 weeks is a long and miserable time to be sick and miss a large amount of income. In some cases, it could cause a huge financial burden on families and businesses.

3. Also, 2 weeks is a long time to have to quarantine EVERY time you're exposed, even if you don't get it.

4. Even those at risk cannot quarantine forever. Its been over 6 months and it still isnt over. At some point, even these ones have to leave their homes, and they deserve to be safe.

5. No matter how healthy I am, I don't want to get sick because wearing a mask is soooo hard for you.

6. Most of those at risk getting sick isnt because they're going out. They're getting it from family members who are going out on their behalf so they dont have to and then unknowingly bringing it home.

All of this could be mitigated by the simple and selfless act of wearing a face covering and maintaining social distancing. It's not just about people dying, its also about common decency and human respect.

21 hours ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Sounds like a buncha hearsay and anecdotes to me

Literally from hours ago from CNBC

NcLumpfN.jpeg

Again. What is possible and what is likely are 2 different things. The data shows that the primary source of transmission is droplets. It may be possible to spread it thru aerosol or touch transfer, but that would be much less likely. If CoVid 19 was a true airborne disease, the infection rate would be much higher.

Masks are the most effective means of preventing the spread thru droplets. Handwashing (also CDC recommended) is the most effective means of preventing touch transmission. Social distancing would be appropriate in scenarios where aerosol transmission may be possible, along with Masks. This would significantly reduce both the volume entering the air and the distance of the "cloud", even if this was a significant concern. So again. Not perfect. But a reduction, which is the whole point.

Edit: droplet transmission also carries a much higher viral load than aerosol which increases the chances of lethality. Masks are the most effective means to reduce viral load.

Also: wearing a mask does nothing to harm the economy.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 10/5/2020 at 8:10 AM, CatBoyRossi said:

My point is if you're in a closed room with a covid infected person your getting the virus; mask or no mask. Masks are BS.

I've been in contact with dozens of covid patients - wearing my N95 mask...My fatass still kickin it.

3 hours ago, CatBoyRossi said:

1.Literally you brought it up

2.Like getting laid off and crashing the economy?

3.Mr. T just recovered in about 3 days. Shutting down the economy is hurting business far beyond being sick for any amount of time is.

4.Nobody with a brain is quarantining. I've been to all of WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, IL, OH, MI, NY, NJ, PA, LA, MS in the last 3 months. Never been sick. Never been tested. Never quarantined for any amount of time. Wear masks as little as possible. Keep taking fear pill though.

5.If you're at risk you are responsible for quarantining yourself.

6.Then don't go out to eat or into any business or place that doesn't require masks. Simple.

7.Sounds like family members need to maintain social distance and wear masks if theyre gonna be dealing with vulnerable family

8.oooooo not the shame plz not the shame

1. All of the "no mask" crowd points to death rates while ignoring all other context. 

2. Wearing a mask and social distancing does nothing to hurt the economy. No one has said to shut everything down. That's your assumption that everyone who supports practical precautions is an extremist.

3. Trump hasn't recovered yet. Based on other cases, he can still take a turn for the worse for another week.

4. And anyone playing Russian Roulette only takes a bullet 1 out of 6 tries.

5. We're not talking a week or even a month. It has been over 6 months now. Do you really think its reasonable for the vulnerable to NEVER be able to leave their homes during that time? At some point they have to. Let's protect them, shall we?

6. Except even in places where masks are required/mandated, you still have people like you who refuse to wear them.

7. So you're saying those who live with the vulnerable should have to wear a mask 24/7 so that you don't have to for the 10 minutes you're at Wal-Mart? Ok.

8. Refusing to wear one is selfish. Plain and simple.