• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gniwder

Panarin taking leave from NYR. Reports emerging that he beat an 18 yo girl in 2011.

Rate this topic

I had to look it up to see if it's the same Andrei Nazarov that once played in the NHL back in the 90s. It is. All I can say is that this guy is as unstable as they come. He was that way as an NHL goon, and he's continued to be that way as a coach. He's even attacked fans at a KHL game with a stick. Not surprised he's a Putin fan and would not put it past him to fabricate such a story against an outspoken political rival. Straight out of the KGB playbook.

Even if it was true:

1. It was 10 years ago.

2. It was before Panarin even played in the NHL.

3. He was never tried or convicted for it.

4. It was a Latvian woman, which is basically the same as a man anyway.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I had to look it up to see if it's the same Andrei Nazarov that once played in the NHL back in the 90s. It is. All I can say is that this guy is as unstable as they come. He was that way as an NHL goon, and he's continued to be that way as a coach. He's even attacked fans at a KHL game with a stick. Not surprised he's a Putin fan and would not put it past him to fabricate such a story against an outspoken political rival. Straight out of the KGB playbook.

Even if it was true:

1. It was 10 years ago.

First off, we have to start by believing all victims. Just because Nazarov and Putin are dicks, doesn't make it not true.

The curious thing is, why is Breadman taking a leave of absence if it's not true..?

1. It is true and he's retreating before this blows up

2. It's not true, and he now fears for his families safety in Russia.

My one question would be why Panarin? Plenty of other Russians in the NHL showed support for Navalny.

10 hours ago, Gniwder said:

First off, we have to start by believing all victims. Just because Nazarov and Putin are dicks, doesn't make it not true.

The curious thing is, why is Breadman taking a leave of absence if it's not true..?

1. It is true and he's retreating before this blows up

2. It's not true, and he now fears for his families safety in Russia.

My one question would be why Panarin? Plenty of other Russians in the NHL showed support for Navalny.

First off, there is no "victim" to believe here. No woman has come forward and accused him of anything. But if it did happen, and there's money to be had (cough, Patrick Kane), I am sure one will. 

And Panarin played for Nazarov. Don't know of any other Russian NHL players who played under Nazarov who have been publicly against Putin. This seems personal.

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

First off, there is no "victim" to believe here. No woman has come forward and accused him of anything. But if it did happen, and there's money to be had (cough, Patrick Kane), I am sure one will.

This is exactly why women do not come forward with domestic violence. Backward attitudes like this. That it's just a woman after a payday. Disgusting. More than 70% of domestic violence in the USA goes unreported, I can't imagine how much worse that is in eastern Europe.

And Panarin played for Nazarov. Don't know of any other Russian NHL players who played under Nazarov who have been publicly against Putin. This seems personal.

Kuznetsov, Gusev, Dadonov, and Buchnevich, are smart enough not to come out against Putin. Prolly smart enough not to put their hands on a woman too...

On 2/22/2021 at 4:40 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Even if it was true:

1. It was 10 years ago.

Didn’t he also claim that most NHL’ers take PEDs?

I seem to recall he was a nut job.

7 hours ago, Gniwder said:

This is exactly why women do not come forward with domestic violence. Backward attitudes like this. That it's just a woman after a payday. Disgusting. More than 70% of domestic violence in the USA goes unreported, I can't imagine how much worse that is in eastern Europe.

Kuznetsov, Gusev, Dadonov, and Buchnevich, are smart enough not to come out against Putin. Prolly smart enough not to put their hands on a woman too...

You're right. Professional athletes are never taken advantage of. All accusations of assault are true, without questions. And the vast majority of lawsuits filed against players are settled out of court because the complainants know they'll win.

This case has nothing to do with domestic abuse, as it wasn't his gf. Also, domestic abuse is grossly underreported because the victims either feel a need to protect their significant other, or they're afraid of retaliation. Not because they fear they won't be believed. 

16 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're right. Professional athletes are never taken advantage of. All accusations of assault are true, without questions. And the vast majority of lawsuits filed against players are settled out of court because the complainants know they'll win.

The vast majority of cases are settled out of court because pro athletes have the funds to buy off their victims instead of having to face criminal charges. And it works for victims as they don't have to relive their nightmare being dragged out in court. Nice to be rich I guess. You can get away with anything.

This case has nothing to do with domestic abuse, as it wasn't his gf.

How do you know it wasn't his gf or one of his gfs? So lets just call it straight up assault and battery then. Does that really make things better in your eyes?

Also, domestic abuse is grossly underreported because the victims either feel a need to protect their significant other, or they're afraid of retaliation. Not because they fear they won't be believed. 

This is eastern europe. Beating women is a past time in much of these places. I don't think Russia even prosecutes domestic violence anymore.

>"Not because they fear they won't be believed"
>Immediately doesn't believe

1 hour ago, Gniwder said:

The vast majority of cases are settled out of court because pro athletes have the funds 

Exactly my point. They are the perfect victim.

How do you know it wasn't his gf or one of his gfs? So lets just call it straight up assault and battery then. Does that really make things better in your eyes?

One alleged act of violence against a stranger at a bar while under the influence of alcohol vs. repeated acts of violence against a spouse and/or children. Hmmm.

This is eastern europe. Beating women is a past time in much of these places. I don't think Russia even prosecutes domestic violence anymore.

Funny cuz the allegation was that officials were paid to make it go away. That doesn't happen without fear of arrest/prosecution/conviction.

>"Not because they fear they won't be believed"
>Immediately doesn't believe

1. Not believing a victim of abuse and not believing a nutjob with an axe to grind are 2 entirely different things.

2. Like any rational, reasonable person, I don't believe any accusations without proof.

3. Domestic violence cases are very easy to prosecute. Physical injuries along with testimony from neighbors, coworkers, friends and family are more than enough proof. 'He said, she said' is not enough to prosecute, let alone convict. Nor should it be. The problem continues to be getting the victim to file charges. If the victim wont cooperate, there isn't much the 'system' can do.

4. Again, there is no complainant here. No one has come forward as a victim. The allegations are coming from political opposition. If You think political division and rivalry is bad here, its nothing compared to Russia. This kind of thing is childs play for them.

Panarin: Putin sucks. I support his opponent.

Putin puppet Nazarov: Panarin once beat a woman 10 years ago. The timing of my coming forward is completely coincidental.

21 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Exactly my point. They are the perfect victim.

Here is the inherent problem: You automatically view the athlete as the victim... and not the actual victim...

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

One alleged act of violence against a stranger at a bar while under the influence of alcohol vs. repeated acts of violence against a spouse and/or children. Hmmm.

So getting drunk and beating a strange woman = okay
Getting drunk and beating my wife = not okay

Russia would disagree with that assessment. Also domestic violence doesn't need to be repetitive for it to be a crime. Just so ya know...

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Funny cuz the allegation was that officials were paid to make it go away. That doesn't happen without fear of arrest/prosecution/conviction.

But according to you it's not domestic violence sooooooo

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Not believing a victim of abuse and not believing a nutjob with an axe to grind are 2 entirely different things.

2. Like any rational, reasonable person, I don't believe any accusations without proof.

3. Domestic violence cases are very easy to prosecute. Physical injuries along with testimony from neighbors, coworkers, friends and family are more than enough proof. 'He said, she said' is not enough to prosecute, let alone convict. Nor should it be. The problem continues to be getting the victim to file charges. If the victim wont cooperate, there isn't much the 'system' can do.

4. Again, there is no complainant here. No one has come forward as a victim. The allegations are coming from political opposition. If You think political division and rivalry is bad here, its nothing compared to Russia. This kind of thing is childs play for them.

Panarin: Putin sucks. I support his opponent.

Putin puppet Nazarov: Panarin once beat a woman 10 years ago. The timing of my coming forward is completely coincidental.

Everything the west does is good and truthful. Everything Russia does is evil lies. Congratulations, you're being played by your own propaganda machine. 

6 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Here is the inherent problem: You automatically view the athlete as the victim... and not the actual victim...

So getting drunk and beating a strange woman = okay
Getting drunk and beating my wife = not okay

Russia would disagree with that assessment. Also domestic violence doesn't need to be repetitive for it to be a crime. Just so ya know...

But according to you it's not domestic violence sooooooo

Everything the west does is good and truthful. Everything Russia does is evil lies. Congratulations, you're being played by your own propaganda machine. 

1. Nope. I just dont buy into the "Believe All Women" mentality. I actually want proof before I pass judgment. Y'know, like a rational person that believes in that "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense. Ray Rice? Guilty of abusing his gf. Patrick Kane? Probably a con job to get money. Both are possibilities.

2. Never said any kind of abuse is ok. Just stating the obvious, that repeating the same crime over and over is worse than committing the same crime just once. Our criminal justice agrees, BTW. Which is why punishment is greater for the former.

3. Never said that one act of domestic violence wasn't a crime. It obviously is. Dont know of one crime that allows for a do over.

4. It isn't "domestic violence". If there isn't a romantic or familial relationship, or a common residency, it can't be "domestic violence". It's assault. But it's still a different crime.

5. Guess you missed the part where I said that the same things happen here, but it's worse in Russia.

1. Nope. I just dont buy into the "Believe All Women" mentality. I actually want proof before I pass judgment. Y'know, like a rational person that believes in that "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense. Ray Rice? Guilty of abusing his gf. Patrick Kane? Probably a con job to get money. Both are possibilities.

2. Never said any kind of abuse is ok. Just stating the obvious, that repeating the same crime over and over is worse than committing the same crime just once. Our criminal justice agrees, BTW. Which is why punishment is greater for the former.

3. Never said that one act of domestic violence wasn't a crime. It obviously is. Dont know of one crime that allows for a do over.

4. It isn't "domestic violence". If there isn't a romantic or familial relationship, or a common residency, it can't be "domestic violence". It's assault. But it's still a different crime.

5. Guess you missed the part where I said that the same things happen here, but it's worse in Russia.

1. But you are passing judgement. Before any of the facts are in. You've decided it's a tin foil hat "NAZAROV PUTIN CONSPIRACY" from the outset.

2. Honestly what does repetition have to do with any of this? Besides you trying to strawman by actively dragging this into the weeds?

3. Then why are you obsessed with splitting hairs between assault and domestic violence. Both are crimes.

4. And again, that matters how to your argument?

5. You're certainly loyal to the American propaganda machine, I'll give you that.

On 2/26/2021 at 8:21 AM, Gniwder said:

1. But you are passing judgement. Before any of the facts are in. You've decided it's a tin foil hat "NAZAROV PUTIN CONSPIRACY" from the outset.

2. Honestly what does repetition have to do with any of this? Besides you trying to strawman by actively dragging this into the weeds?

3. Then why are you obsessed with splitting hairs between assault and domestic violence. Both are crimes.

4. And again, that matters how to your argument?

5. You're certainly loyal to the American propaganda machine, I'll give you that.

I haven't passed judgment. Just stating the fact that:

1. No victim has come forward.

2. The allegations come from a political rival.

3. The timing is suspicious.

From an "innocent until proven guilty" perspective, there is nothing here. Nothing. Until Panarin is proven guilty, he is innocent. That means the allegations arent true until they can be proven. Im not rushing to judgment. Its exactly the opposite.