• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gniwder

Eemil Viro

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ummmm I'm talking east coast metaphors with my atlantic friend here. You stick to the crap coffee, orcas, and serial killers. 

I moved back to Buffalo you rum guzzling barnacle toucher

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm looking at Buffalo's stats right now and holy hell was Ralph Krueger a dumbf*ck. He started Jack Eichel and Taylor Hall in the offensive zone 60% of the time. Meanwhile he started Mittelstadt and Cozens in the offensive zone 45% of the time. So basically he sheltered his workhorses and threw his young, developing, skill players to the f*cking wolves.

The funniest part is Eichel and Hall still couldn't produce with that deployment.

Sabres fans were jacked for Kreuger because he was known for taking underdog teams deep. What they didn't realize is he basically played Babcock style button down ALL the hatches style defense to get those results. He had creative players on his team in Eichel and Dahlin and essentially stifled them according to what most Sabres fans tell me.

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm looking at Buffalo's stats right now and holy hell was Ralph Krueger a dumbf*ck. He started Jack Eichel and Taylor Hall in the offensive zone 60% of the time. Meanwhile he started Mittelstadt and Cozens in the offensive zone 45% of the time. So basically he sheltered his workhorses and threw his young, developing, skill players to the f*cking wolves.

I suddenly got a new found appreciation for Jefferson Blashill. 

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Allergic

Not from nfld. Moved to nfld. Allergic to the ocean. Your life is wrong. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

It's lobster fest right now BTW

I'm more of an all-you-can-eat coco shrimp guy myself. If I'm easting lobster I have to be able to watch it die in a pot first. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm more of an all-you-can-eat coco shrimp guy myself. If I'm easting lobster I have to be able to watch it die in a pot first. 

Coconut on PEI? You're the scam of green gables

20 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I suddenly got a new found appreciation for Jefferson Blashill. 

Blash goes hard in the opposite direction though. Larkin starts in the offensive zone 47% of the time. Larkin EASILY plays the hardest minutes of any top line center in the league. Even top two-way centers like Barkov, Bergeron, and O'Reilly get more than 50% offensive zone starts. Larkin gets absolutely buried.

Edited by kipwinger

27 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm merely allergic to cockroaches of the sea, not seafood as a whole.

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Blash goes hard in the opposite direction though. Larkin starts in the offensive zone 47% of the time. Larkin EASILY plays the hardest minutes of any top line center in the league. Even top two-way centers like Barkov, Bergeron, and O'Reilly get more than 50% offensive zone starts. Larkin gets absolutely buried.

This. And people just look at his points and think he is simply not that good. Dude will be back to 70 point seasons once he has help down the middle. 

8 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Eemil has signed his ELC. 925K. Kid will be in the lineup soon. Possibly the best lefty in our system. 

I was watching the Caps/Bruins last night and Viro reminds me a ton of Dmitri Orlov (whom I'm a huge fan of). Great skater, sneaky physicality, solid (but not exceptional) offense. If we have an Orlov-Carlson pair already in our system (Viro-Seider) we're in REALLY good shape.

9 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Eemil has signed his ELC. 925K. Kid will be in the lineup soon. Possibly the best lefty in our system. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I was watching the Caps/Bruins last night and Viro reminds me a ton of Dmitri Orlov (whom I'm a huge fan of). Great skater, sneaky physicality, solid (but not exceptional) offense. If we have an Orlov-Carlson pair already in our system (Viro-Seider) we're in REALLY good shape.

You guys are just teasing me.

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You guys are just teasing me.

Prior to the Zadina/Veleno/Berggren/McIsaac draft a scout said something like 'whichever team gets Jonatan Berggren is getting the steal of the draft". There are always guys who everyone knows are going to be really good, but for some reason they're just not at the top of any team's draft board. I think Viro is like that. Not many called it, but a few did. I know Craig Button was really high on him. I think every team had one or two guys they'd rather take, so he fell, but it's clear he's a very very good player.

46 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Prior to the Zadina/Veleno/Berggren/McIsaac draft a scout said something like 'whichever team gets Jonatan Berggren is getting the steal of the draft". There are always guys who everyone knows are going to be really good, but for some reason they're just not at the top of any team's draft board. I think Viro is like that. Not many called it, but a few did. I know Craig Button was really high on him. I think every team had one or two guys they'd rather take, so he fell, but it's clear he's a very very good player.

Well, what Yzerman can pull outside of the first round is ultimately going to define his tenure here and this team's future IMO. Not a hot take I know. Good to see we have a few of those guys coming along nicely. 

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well, what Yzerman can pull outside of the first round is ultimately going to define his tenure here and this team's future IMO. Not a hot take I know. Good to see we have a few of those guys coming along nicely. 

For sure. Barring something crazy happening with the draft lottery in the next two years I think the likelihood that we're going to land some surefire offensive dynamo (Wright or Bedard) is pretty slim. So he's really only got two options. Take some swings on high offensive ceiling guys while he can (Kent Johnson/Chaz Lucius) or try to build along the lines of Boston in 2011 or St. Louis two years ago and hope a hard working, blue collar, team can find a way to win it. To me the second option isn't a good one. Both those teams relied on a ton of luck and INSANE goaltending performances to win. And neither seemed likely to sustain that level of success.

MAYBE, if we're SUPER lucky we've got a Kucherov in Rayond and a Hedman in Seider but that's asking a lot. I think he's gotta swing on skill this year and next and hope someone exceeds expectations. That, along with a lot of depth guys outperforming their draft slots (as you've mentioned).

Viro has been described by particular scouts as mini Heiskanen. He's REALLY good for his age. Folks will laugh when u bring up a 19 year old finnish 3rd rounder, but just tell them to learn the name now... and wait.

I think Viro and Berggren will be the Tatar/Nyquist excellent support players that elevate our Seiders/Raymonds

28 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Viro has been described by particular scouts as mini Heiskanen. He's REALLY good for his age. Folks will laugh when u bring up a 19 year old finnish 3rd rounder, but just tell them to learn the name now... and wait.

I think Viro and Berggren will be the Tatar/Nyquist excellent support players that elevate our Seiders/Raymonds

You hated Nyquist.

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why the 2 e's in his first name tho? What do you accomplish with 2 e's that you cant accomplish with one? This troubles me greatly.

think about the word school, it might help you to cope with your troubles

Edited by ely s