• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2021 NHL Playoffs

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

That hit was more useless than most of your takes. 

The NHL finally got a suspension right IMO. 

>Players rushing back to make a defensive play
>Opponent in an exposed wrap around position putting the puck on net

No one should be taking their foot off the gas in that situation. A collision is bound to occur. At most this is charging. And a weak charging at that. 2 min penalty.

Welcome to playoff hockey ya pearl clutcher

15 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

>Players rushing back to make a defensive play
>Opponent in an exposed wrap around position putting the puck on net

No one should be taking their foot off the gas in that situation. A collision is bound to occur. At most this is charging. And a weak charging at that. 2 min penalty.

Welcome to playoff hockey ya pearl clutcher

Bulls***. That hit looked wrong immediately. And still does. Jets were frustrated and Scheifele is a wack-job. And now he sits for four games. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Bulls***. That hit looked wrong immediately. And still does. Jets were frustrated and Scheifele is a wack-job. And now he sits for four games. 

"That hit looked wrong"

Wow, that's a real scientific take.

Fact is there's nothing wrong about the hit. Charging is the worst you can claim, and you know it. You dandies are upset because Scheifele didn't "play the puck" but there's no rule suggesting one has to play the puck over the body. The hit is clean and even if you wanna cry about charging it's a very weak charging call. Everyone is rushing to a singular point on the ice to score or stop a goal. Collision is inevitable. Not like Scheifele committed a random charging in the neutral zone.

Wrap around with your head down? Expect to be hit. Any Dman would lay someone out there. Scheifele just had to rush back to do it.

Can't believe you people have this much of an overblown reaction to simple charging call lol

9 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

"That hit looked wrong"

Wow, that's a real scientific take.

Fact is there's nothing wrong about the hit. Charging is the worst you can claim, and you know it. You dandies are upset because Scheifele didn't "play the puck" but there's no rule suggesting one has to play the puck over the body. The hit is clean and even if you wanna cry about charging it's a very weak charging call. Everyone is rushing to a singular point on the ice to score or stop a goal. Collision is inevitable. Not like Scheifele committed a random charging in the neutral zone.

Wrap around with your head down? Expect to be hit. Any Dman would lay someone out there. Scheifele just had to rush back to do it.

Can't believe you people have this much of an overblown reaction to simple charging call lol

Congrats. You and Mike Commodore are basically the only two people who think this hit was like totally cool and stuff. 

I suspect this brings you great pride tho. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Congrats. You and Mike Commodore are basically the only two people who think this hit was like totally cool and stuff. 

I suspect this brings you great pride tho. 

Commodore, Avery, the Jets, Me, and everyone else that doesn't experience an estrogen rush every time a violent hit occurs.

What about the hit looked wrong to you?

2 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Commodore, Avery, the Jets, Me, and everyone else that doesn't experience an estrogen rush every time a violent hit occurs.

What about the hit looked wrong to you?

Commodore and Avery eh? Nice. 

The Jets? lol

You think Paul Maurice is happy about that hit right now? 

It was going to be a goal, there was nothing Scheifele could do about that. So he took an opportunity to try and kill Evans. It's that simple. 

People need to rethink their idea of what a good hockey play is in this situation. 

I won't be touching that estrogen comment right now. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Commodore and Avery eh? Nice. 

The Jets? lol

You think Paul Maurice is happy about that hit right now? 

It was going to be a goal, there was nothing Scheifele could do about that. So he took an opportunity to try and kill Evans. It's that simple. 

People need to rethink their idea of what a good hockey play is in this situation. 

I won't be touching that estrogen comment right now. 

I didn't ask you IF Scheifele took the opportunity to make a hit. We both know this. I asked you what was wrong about the hit?

Hitting is not against the rules. And players with the puck are eligible to receive them. As far as I can tell the hit is absolutely clean, but one could argue you charging. Do you disagree?

2 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

I didn't ask you IF Scheifele took the opportunity to make a hit. We both know this. I asked you what was wrong about the hit?

Hitting is not against the rules. And players with the puck are eligible to receive them. As far as I can tell the hit is absolutely clean, but one could argue you charging. Do you disagree?

Charging, blindside, player in a vulnerable position. 

Guys have been suspended on similar plays for clobbering defensemen coming out from behind their net. Guys have been almost murdered on the ice for throwing similar hits. 

If I tell you you're as cool as Sean Avery will you stop with the nonsense? 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Charging,

Technically yes. But charging is meant to stop Radko Gudas from unnecessarily picking up speed skating across two zones and then making a hit in the corner. When a player is literally in the process of scoring a goal with players rushing back on D, it's really no longer an intentional charge. Unless we want to make the rule that players rushing back to play D can no longer take the body on the play simply because of distance traveled. When that situation absolutely warrants distance traveled.

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

blindside

Not at all. Now you're reaching. He's facing Scheifele and hit square on. The most you can say is his head was down. And I understand why... he's focused on scoring the goal. But that's not Scheifele's concern, and shouldn't be.

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

player in a vulnerable position.

Attempting a wrap around makes you ineligible to be hit now?

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Guys have been suspended on similar plays for clobbering defensemen coming out from behind their net. Guys have been almost murdered on the ice for throwing similar hits.

Give an example

15 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Technically yes. But charging is meant to stop Radko Gudas from unnecessarily picking up speed skating across two zones and then making a hit in the corner. When a player is literally in the process of scoring a goal with players rushing back on D, it's really no longer an intentional charge. Unless we want to make the rule that players rushing back to play D can no longer take the body on the play simply because of distance traveled. When that situation absolutely warrants distance traveled.

Not at all. Now you're reaching. He's facing Scheifele and hit square on. The most you can say is his head was down. And I understand why... he's focused on scoring the goal. But that's not Scheifele's concern, and shouldn't be.

Attempting a wrap around makes you ineligible to be hit now?

Give an example

Considering all you are arguing are technicalities............

A "technical" charge that badly hurt someone. NHL DOPS are well within their rights to suspend someone for this. 

Jets must be appealing this eh?  

Considering all you are arguing are technicalities............

Yes. "technically" the hit was clean.

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

A "technical" charge that badly hurt someone.

I'm glad you're at least giving up on your blindside BS

I'm not saying it's not a charge. Technically it is, because a charge is defined by distance traveled. This just isn't the type of play a charge is meant to prevent.

Again, charging is meant to prevent a player from unnecessarily picking up speed over a long distance to make a hit. Scheifele wasn't unnecessarily picking up speed to line up an arbitrary far away hit. He has every reason to rush back to play defense and protect his net.

Plenty of plays occur where two players rush over a long distance and a hit occurs (usually chasing the puck), and its not dubbed charging. That's why we have the delayed icing rule now.

So yes, on paper it's a charge. But in context, that's an extremely weak charging call. At most this is a 2 min standard penalty.

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

A "technical" charge that badly hurt someone. NHL DOPS are well within their rights to suspend someone for this.

And this is exactly how I can tell your reaction to the hit is emotional, not logical. Resulting injury has no bearing on whether the hit is good or bad. Plenty of legal clean hits result in injury. The injury doesn't make the hit bad.

"The hit looked bad"
"Badly hurt someone"

You haven't posited anything besides this BS. If this is our standards for dangerous plays violence in the game is essentially over. Everything Kronwall did over his career should be dubbed dirty and bad.

9 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Yes. "technically" the hit was clean.

I'm glad you're at least giving up on your blindside BS

I'm not saying it's not a charge. Technically it is, because a charge is defined by distance traveled. This just isn't the type of play a charge is meant to prevent.

Again, charging is meant to prevent a player from unnecessarily picking up speed over a long distance to make a hit. Scheifele wasn't unnecessarily picking up speed to line up an arbitrary far away hit. He has every reason to rush back to play defense and protect his net.

Plenty of plays occur where two players rush over a long distance and a hit occurs (usually chasing the puck), and its not dubbed charging. That's why we have the delayed icing rule now.

So yes, on paper it's a charge. But in context, that's an extremely weak charging call. At most this is a 2 min standard penalty.

And this is exactly how I can tell your reaction to the hit is emotional, not logical. Resulting injury has no bearing on whether the hit is good or bad. Plenty of legal clean hits result in injury. The injury doesn't make the hit bad.

"The hit looked bad"
"Badly hurt someone"

You haven't posited anything besides this BS. If this is our standards for dangerous plays violence in the game is essentially over. Everything Kronwall did over his career should be dubbed dirty and bad.

So the Jets are appealing the suspension? 

No idea. Is this supposed to be evidence the hit is dirty lol?

I wanna expand on the play further though.

I think Scheifele actually makes the pansy move on the play. And Maurice should be pissed at him. If you watch the replay Scheifele clearly has the opportunity to go for the pokecheck and doesn't take it. He doesn't even need to dive, his stick is well within reach of the puck before it enters the net. But he doesn't extend or reach and doesn't go for the puck. Why?

You better believe I'm gonna tell you why.

Because the play is going to result in a collision regardless of what Scheifele does. If he pokes that puck he and Evans are colliding, no doubt about it. But instead of reaching for the poke, putting himself in an awkward position prior to impact, and sacrificing the body, Scheifele makes the selfish play (and health conscious for himself) and pulls his stick in and braces for the check.

Maurice shouldn't be pissed Scheifele made the check, he should be pissed he didn't go for the puck and risk injury. The check is simply the result of Scheifele not making the play he should have made.

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Too late Scheif. In the modern NHL big hits are automatically dirty and we have to have overblown reactions and suspensions for them.

Case in point:

Based Shea

DPS is on drugs

"Fans seem pretty upset, better levy a big suspension so we look like were in touch with the fans"

11 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Too late Scheif. In the modern NHL big hits are automatically dirty and we have to have overblown reactions and suspensions for them.

Case in point:

Based Shea

DPS is on drugs

"Fans seem pretty upset, better levy a big suspension so we look like were in touch with the fans"

Mark Scheifele "tried to kill a guy, now I feel bad"

Well then, play on dude.