• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

1/26/23 GDT Wings @ Habs

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Ras with a sweeeeeet assist in overtime to Fabbri to end it. 4-3 win for the good guys.

Indeed...Funny how everyone seems happy for Fabbri...IMHO it was a combo of Seider/Rasmountain lugging the puck up ice and Rasmountain with the sweet deft deke and subtle pass over to Fabbri with a half empty net to seal the deal (mind you if it was Zadina he would've shot it high/wide/into the goalie's chest).

Edited by F.Michael

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Indeed...Funny how everyone seems happy for Fabbri...IMHO it was a combo of Seider/Rasmountain lugging the puck up ice and Rasmountain with the sweet deft deke and subtle pass over to Fabbri with a half empty net to seal the deal (mind you if it was Zadina he would've shot it high/wide/into the goalie's chest).

The Red Wings broadcasting crew has been pumping Ras's tires for a few games now. You gotta give some love to the goal scorer but I think everyone knows Seider and Ras made that play happen. Fabbri straight up gave all the credit to Ras. They need to leave that guy on the wing and never ever move him again. He's an absolute truck on the wing.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

The Red Wings broadcasting crew has been pumping Ras's tires for a few games now. You gotta give some love to the goal scorer but I think everyone knows Seider and Ras made that play happen. Fabbri straight up gave all the credit to Ras. They need to leave that guy on the wing and never ever move him again. He's an absolute truck on the wing.

I've been saying this since he came into the league. Even before he was drafted he was so much more effective on the wing. Coaches just get too much of a hard-on with him as a center because tall.

Imagine if he had a Tage Thompson breakout season. 

Edited by marcaractac

58 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I've been saying this since he came into the league. Even before he was drafted he was so much more effective on the wing. Coaches just get too much of a hard-on with him as a center because tall.

Imagine if he had a Tage Thompson breakout season. 

* for the Canucks

None of those young guys are going anywhere. Aside from Larkin they're our best players every single night, they're all improving, and they're cost controlled for years to come. All of our trade chips are the same as they've always been. All the UFAs, Zadina, Perron, Kubalik, Vrana, and Ned...and then Bertuzzi.

Bertuzzi. What to make of this guy's situation. Prior to the season we realistically could have expected a first round pick and prospect. And HE could have expected a bigger contract than Detroit was willing to offer from some other team. But now? We're not getting a 1st rounder for a guy who hasn't played all season. Similarly, he should be expecting to cash in in UFA given that he hasn't played all season, and when he has he's looked like s***. Last night he looked SLOOOOOOW, and he couldn't hit the net if he tried. Maybe, just maybe, his agent assesses the situation and says "We're not gonna get as much as we'd like in FA, let's just sign for 5-6 million in Detroit (long term) and maximize your profit that way". Because he's DEFINITELY not getting 7-7.5 million on a 7 year deal elsewhere after this season.

40 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

None of those young guys are going anywhere. Aside from Larkin they're our best players every single night, they're all improving, and they're cost controlled for years to come. All of our trade chips are the same as they've always been. All the UFAs, Zadina, Perron, Kubalik, Vrana, and Ned...and then Bertuzzi.

Bertuzzi. What to make of this guy's situation. Prior to the season we realistically could have expected a first round pick and prospect. And HE could have expected a bigger contract than Detroit was willing to offer from some other team. But now? We're not getting a 1st rounder for a guy who hasn't played all season. Similarly, he should be expecting to cash in in UFA given that he hasn't played all season, and when he has he's looked like s***. Last night he looked SLOOOOOOW, and he couldn't hit the net if he tried. Maybe, just maybe, his agent assesses the situation and says "We're not gonna get as much as we'd like in FA, let's just sign for 5-6 million in Detroit (long term) and maximize your profit that way". Because he's DEFINITELY not getting 7-7.5 million on a 7 year deal elsewhere after this season.

I wouldn't sign Bert long-term period. Offer a one or two-year deal, take it or leave it. Sell him on betting on himself on a one-year contract to have a rebound season. If it works, we have a valuable trade piece again. Then he can go and get paid his big contract elsewhere. 

Otherwise, we just got to hope he heats up within the next month. 

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I wouldn't sign Bert long-term period. Offer a one or two-year deal, take it or leave it. Sell him on betting on himself on a one-year contract to have a rebound season. If it works, we have a valuable trade piece again. Then he can go and get paid his big contract elsewhere. 

Otherwise, we just got to hope he heats up within the next month. 

I'd give him long term if it's 5.5 or less. Why not? When I say long term I don't necessarily mean 8 years either. 5-6 years is still pretty long term. Would you be that mad at Bertuzzi for 5x5? I wouldn't.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'd give him long term if it's 5.5 or less. Why not? When I say long term I don't necessarily mean 8 years either. 5-6 years is still pretty long term. Would you be that mad at Bertuzzi for 5x5? I wouldn't.

I wouldn't be mad, but the man can't stay healthy. 

Just now, marcaractac said:

I wouldn't be mad, but the man can't stay healthy. 

I'd be more concerned if it was nagging injuries, like groin tears or knee problems (see my criticisms of the Fabbri deal) or whatever. But he's been out all season because he's breaking bones while blocking shots. Nothing that worries me. He did have the back issue, but that hasn't flared up at all since his surgery.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I'd be more concerned if it was nagging injuries, like groin tears or knee problems (see my criticisms of the Fabbri deal) or whatever. But he's been out all season because he's breaking bones while blocking shots. Nothing that worries me. He did have the back issue, but that hasn't flared up at all since his surgery.

It's the multiple hand injuries that concern me. Hopefully, he can show in the next few weeks that his hand surgeries are not an issue. 

40 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It's the multiple hand injuries that concern me. Hopefully, he can show in the next few weeks that his hand surgeries are not an issue. 

If I'm not mistaken he only had surgery after the 2nd injury. The first didn't require surgery. However, after watching him play last night it wouldn't be hard to convince me his hands had been surgically swapped with Michelangelo's David. In other words, at one point they were stone and now they're just gone completely.

#hesucks

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I will pray for your bertuzzi hating souls

Dude, Fabbri blew out a knee a missed almost a full season and he looks WAY better than Bert right now. I'm not sure what Bertuzzi's problem is. Maybe he doesn't wanna be here anymore. Maybe he doesn't like Lalonde's systems. I don't know. But he's playing like sh*t. I don't even think it's an effort thing (like Vrana). It's a contract year, so there's every reason for Bert to be performing well. He just isn't. Wasn't before his injuries, isn't now. He blows.

19 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Dude, Fabbri blew out a knee a missed almost a full season and he looks WAY better than Bert right now. I'm not sure what Bertuzzi's problem is. Maybe he doesn't wanna be here anymore. Maybe he doesn't like Lalonde's systems. I don't know. But he's playing like sh*t. I don't even think it's an effort thing (like Vrana). It's a contract year, so there's every reason for Bert to be performing well. He just isn't. Wasn't before his injuries, isn't now. He blows.

It's just a super senior slump. And x16 games spread across 4 months isn't enough to be a reliable sample size anyway. In conclusion, you're wrong.

3 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

It's just a super senior slump. And x16 games spread across 4 months isn't enough to be a reliable sample size anyway. In conclusion, you're wrong.

Sample size schmample size. We saw Vrana do it a year ago. We saw Fabbri do it this year. We even saw Larkin play through a hand injury and still produce. What none of those guys did was totally f*ck dogs upon their return to the ice. Your boy though? Total dog f*cker.

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think it's at all wise to sign Bert for more than 3 years... I'd pay him more on a shorter term.  He's not aging gracefully at all.  He is injury prone... regardless of the nature of the injuries their are a lot of them.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Sample size schmample size. We saw Vrana do it a year ago. We saw Fabbri do it this year. We even saw Larkin play through a hand injury and still produce. What none of those guys did was totally f*ck dogs upon their return to the ice. Your boy though? Total dog f*cker.

8 minutes ago, mackel said:

I don't think it's at all wise to sign Bert for more than 3 years... I'd pay him more on a shorter term.  He's not aging gracefully at all.  He is injury prone... regardless of the nature of the injuries their are a lot of them.

Those boosters have rotted yalls brains. One day you will beg bertuzzi for his precious pure blood and he will say no. 

6 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Those boosters have rotted yalls brains. One day you will beg bertuzzi for his precious pure blood and he will say no. 

Typical. Always trying to deflect. Your boy f*cks dogs and his play fell off a cliff. Let's see if he can even manage to register a secondary assist tonight. You need to jump on board the Fabbri train, that dude is everything that Bertuzzi used to be AND he doesn't let silly things like injuries stop him from being a good hockey player. Bertuzzi = Zadina/Vrana.

Edited by kipwinger