• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mattm88

Joe Veleno needs to be kicked out from hockey

Rate this topic

35 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I. Don't. Caaaaaarrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee. Joe Veleno could cut Nino's head off with his skate and it wouldn't be much worse than what I see on the news all day everyday. Grow up.

Tell this a** hole to grow up, What Joe Veleno did isn't worse than what 75% of the league does. He made a poor choice and is paying for it with a 5 game suspension.

13 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

What he did was totally wrong and extremely dangerous, But to say he should be banned out of hockey is totally moronic and very biased. he's being suspended for 5 games for Team Canada. And I'm pretty sure that Yzerman will get with him and say you'll never ever do this crap while on my team.

Stomping on someone is never good, But it's not like Joe Veleno is the only player that has ever done something like this so reckless and foolish. Niederreiter did the exact same thing and only got one game while Veleno who has no issues in flagrant penalties got five games.

Comparing what Niederreiter did with stomping someone with a sharp blade is totally moronic and very biased.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Does it give you the vapors? Are you just beside yourself with worry? I imagine it's hard to sleep.

Not really, Veleno only acts tough overseas. He's a sheep over here. 

"I have been notified of the five-game suspension imposed by the IIHF for my actions in our game against Switzerland," Veleno said in a statement. "I accept the sanction from the IIHF and apologize for my actions."

He apologized move on citizens nothing more to see .....

He got what he deserved,  and its on record.  If he steps out of line again (literally) the league should hammer him.

Players get emotional and do dumb things. It's part of sports. Fortunately nobody got hurt, and we can hope a lesson learned. 

I've seen worse plays in this years playoffs. You shouldn't judge anyone by one bad act. Im more concerned by the player who is a repeat offender of similar bad actions. 

Seriously the market for Joe Veleno needs to be explored.

1. Larkin
2. Copp
3. Kasper
4. Veleno
5. Lombardi

Kasper immediately got played at 2C upon joining the Wings. He's already leapfrogged Veleno. How long before Lombardi passes him? How long b4 the center we draft at #9 this year passes him?

Veleno, Zadina, and Lindstrom are bad players that have no future. We needed to get what we can for them seasons ago, but now's a good time to start.

I just realized the OP wants to kick Joe Veleno out of hockey for kicking. 

11 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Veleno, Zadina, and Lindstrom are bad players that have no future. We needed to get what we can for them seasons ago, but now's a good time to start.

Wash that Holland stank right off. Keep Larkin as a reminder. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I just realized the OP wants to kick Joe Veleno out of hockey for kicking. 

Wash that Holland stank right off. Keep Larkin as a reminder. 

I guess the only true survivors of the Holland era are Larkin and Ras? Funny that we had to deal with the years of R-slurs trashing Ras, and praising Veleno and Zadina.

I'm still not thrilled Larkin is on the roster till 2031. But the cap will come up dramatically and his $8.7 will look like $6 today towards the end. I can be okay with that when the cap comes up. He will be the 2C behind Kasper soon enough.

Seider's career is literally going exactly like Nick Lidstrom's. He's not going to be captain till he's like 35 and 7 norris trophies later. Despite being the best player on the team. And unlike Yzerman/Lidstrom, being the best leader on the team.

On 5/22/2023 at 9:16 AM, Mattm88 said:

Comparing what Niederreiter did with stomping someone with a sharp blade is totally moronic and very biased.

They both used hockey equipment as a weapon. Seems pretty comparative to me.

This whole thread is the softest sh*t ever on LGW.

"I...I...I...um...I can't believe it. I...*wipes away tears*...I can't believe how rough the game of hockey is".

I imagine Jamie Benn's crosscheck on Mark Stone last night had you all in fits. Don't worry p*ssy babies, I'm sure your therapists can fit you in this week.

33 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

"I...I...I...um...I can't believe it. I...*wipes away tears*...I can't believe how rough the game of hockey is".

I imagine Jamie Benn's crosscheck on Mark Stone last night had you all in fits. Don't worry p*ssy babies, I'm sure your therapists can fit you in this week.

Yah, he got his suspension.  He apologized.  And that's that.  He was trying to break the guy's shin to get his leg away from the puck.  This is more of a hockey problem than a Joe Veleno problem.  They just need to allow the refs to blow plays dead and take the puck to the other end of the ice for a faceoff if an attacking player pins the puck with his body parts.  Like 3 seconds in the key in hoops.  Puck gets pinned - One.  Ref yells "Move It" - two.  If the defender releases and the puck isnt moved, whistle it dead and go to the other end.  If the defender presses, whistle it dead and keep it in the same zone.  Niedereitter was sheltering the puck against the board with his leg and stick.  Veleno was out of options as to how to take the puck away.  He shouldnt have stomped, but that's all he really had.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, he got his suspension.  He apologized.  And that's that.  He was trying to break the guy's shin to get his leg away from the puck.  This is more of a hockey problem than a Joe Veleno problem.  They just need to allow the refs to blow plays dead and take the puck to the other end of the ice for a faceoff if an attacking player pins the puck with his body parts.  Like 3 seconds in the key in hoops.  Puck gets pinned - One.  Ref yells "Move It" - two.  If the defender releases and the puck isnt moved, whistle it dead and go to the other end.  If the defender presses, whistle it dead and keep it in the same zone.  Niedereitter was sheltering the puck against the board with his leg and stick.  Veleno was out of options as to how to take the puck away.  He shouldnt have stomped, but that's all he really had.

There was a game earlier in the playoffs, I can't remember which one, where a team was on the PK and a dude pinned the puck on the boards with his skate for a good 20 second. It was SOOOOOOO boring.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You like my rule proposal?

I'd have to think about it more, but on the face of it I think that it sounds okay. Refs already have the power to blow the play dead for a number of other reasons, why not stop it if a player is stalling the game? If you threw your body down on top of the puck so that nobody could move it they would stop the play. Likewise, closing your hand over the puck is already a penalty. I see some rationale, and precedent, to what you're saying.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I'd have to think about it more, but on the face of it I think that it sounds okay. Refs already have the power to blow the play dead for a number of other reasons, why not stop it if a player is stalling the game? If you threw your body down on top of the puck so that nobody could move it they would stop the play. Likewise, closing your hand over the puck is already a penalty. I see some rationale, and precedent, to what you're saying.

word

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Benn and Domi did nothing wrong. Kolesar and Stone tangled with the bulls and got the horns.

Veleno on the other hand could have ended a much better players career with a deadly weapon. 

10 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Benn and Domi did nothing wrong. Kolesar and Stone tangled with the bulls and got the horns.

Veleno on the other hand could have ended a much better players career with a deadly weapon. 

"YoU MeAn tO tEll mE hoCKey leTS pLaYers haVE feeT WeAPons?!?!!? WhAT iS THiss, ThUnDerDome?!!"