• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Detroit Lions 2023 Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

To be fair, in the Stafford era, management never took the time to build a proper team around him. It was always slap a couple of star players in the lineup and hope for the best. 

This team is just built right. Holmes is really good at what he does. One more draft and this team has all the pieces to be a contender. Hopefully, they go the 49ers route and create a standard of winning that can continue for many years. They get to constantly develop QB's by practicing against the best defense in the league. 

I honestly think Stafford is not a great qb.  He's a gamer and he can spin it with the best of them, but his receivers' drops have a lot to do with his ball placement (accuracy) and lack of touch.  One thing Brady was a master of is throwing catchable balls.  The only guy who found Stafford's throws catchable was Megatron.  He was 6'4", had a 7' wingspan, had a 40" vertical, and had 11.25" hands.  Goff doesnt have the armstrength Stafford has, but he'll have a lot less drops due to the receivers getting to see the ball a split second longer and not have to reach for it as far.  Goff is a good qb.  And I bet he wont take the Lions to the cleaners with his next contract like Stafford always did.

25 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Stafford could huck a ball over the rockies

Which was fine when he had Megatron to depend on. 

I am a fan of Stafford. All I am really getting at is the difference in quality between Stafford and Goff is marginal at best, which makes that trade really good for the Lions. 

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Do MCDC know how to coach hockey? Has he ever even seen a game? I dont care. I want him behind the bench. 

It is time to unleash Jamo. If MCDC wont do it as soon as next game can him.

One of the things that goes unrecognized with this team is our fan road support. It's expected with the Red Wings... but with the Lions it's suddenly reached fevor pitch.

Detroit has been exporting detroiters since what? 1960? And we still are. Still a declining city. But now these road games are full of hyped up expat detroiters.

I mean, look at this board. How many of us actually live in Michigan still? Almost none of us.

We have weaponized our expat advantage. I was really enjoying how pissy the packers fans were about us sticking around and celebrating in their arena. Every road game is almost a home game for us now. The Steelers fans used to do this same thing, and turn road games into friendly ones. Now we're in that seat.

This league is going to have a meltdown when we defeat the Choofs AGAIN in the superbowl. And like MCDC I will enjoy watching their knee caps get biten off as we come up.

Edited by bIueadams

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

One of the things that goes unrecognized with this team is our fan road support. It's expected with the Red Wings... but with the Lions it's suddenly reached fevor pitch.

Detroit has been exporting detroiters since what? 1960? And we still are. Still a declining city. But now these road games are full of hyped up expat detroiters.

I mean, look at this board. How many of us actually live in Michigan still? Almost none of us.

We have weaponized our expat advantage. I was really enjoying how pissy the packers fans were about us sticking around and celebrating in their arena. Every road game is almost a home game for us now. The Steelers fans used to do this same thing, and turn road games into friendly ones. Now we're in that seat.

This league is going to have a meltdown when we defeat the Choofs AGAIN in the superbowl. And like MCDC I will enjoy watching their knee caps get biten off as we come up.

absolutely

7 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

who is the best 5-1 team now? I am gonna say Miami. They are the only one without a bad loss.

Chiefs of course in the AFC.  The Lions were fortunate to beat them with Kelce/Jones out, plus Toney was either paid off by the Lions or confused about which team he was playing for. 

Miami has no defense.

49ers are the best NFC team right now.  

On 10/16/2023 at 1:15 PM, bIueadams said:

My boner is honolulu blue this morning.5-1 bb

82rnnt.jpg

There aren't any women that hot in Detroit.  

5 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Chiefs of course in the AFC.  The Lions were fortunate to beat them with Kelce/Jones out, plus Toney was either paid off by the Lions or confused about which team he was playing for. 

Miami has no defense.

49ers are the best NFC team right now.  

There aren't any women that hot in Detroit.  

Its a cartoon