• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Akakabuto

FLAMES @ WINGS 5:00 EDT - Joegod edition

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Did anyone hear Ozzy post game state that he thinks Larkin is likely the best player in the NHL right now??  I know he's a homer, but I was surprised he said that out loud.

That's a little extreme but I think he's closer to the best players in the world than he is to the next few tiers below that. I said at the beginning of the summer that he's probably a top 12-15 NHL center and I'll stick by that. It's amazing how quickly perceptions of the guy changed the minute he had an actually talented team around him.

15 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

So how much credit do we give Derek Lalonde for this start

Same coaching style, he has the D playing simple and the forwards committed to D.

Only difference this year is the execution,  being way better because of our new forwards and Joe playing well.   Our transition game has improved vastly and is more dangerous.

I'll give Lalonde credit this year for making sure the PP is peak.

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

We had that guy on our team for 6 years or whatever and he did nothing for us. I'm embarrassed tbh

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

We talking about 2002 Todd Bertuzzi? Or that other dude who only has 1 point in 5 games playing with Matthews and Marner?

He lives rent free in your heads

16 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

He lives rent free in your heads

Says the guy who never misses an opportunity to talk about him. It's only "rent free" if he's not CONSTANTLY being referenced.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

True. Suckage is his baseline I guess. 

It's not really all that complicated. He sucks now for the same reason Mantha sucks now. Because once they moved on from Detroit their ice time dropped and they weren't getting prime powerplay minutes. Bert is never gonna score as much as he did in Detroit again unless he goes to a bottom feeder, just like his look-alike Zadina did.

Hell, he wouldn't wouldn't even be on our top powerplay unit this year if he was still on the team. If Raymond isn't good enough to play on our top unit Bert certainly isn't.

Edited by kipwinger

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Says the guy who never misses an opportunity to talk about him. It's only "rent free" if he's not CONSTANTLY being referenced.

It's not really all that complicated. He sucks now for the same reason Mantha sucks now. Because once they moved on from Detroit their ice time dropped and they weren't getting prime powerplay minutes. Bert is never gonna score as much as he did in Detroit again unless he goes to a bottom feeder, just like his look-alike Zadina did.

Hell, he wouldn't wouldn't even be on our top powerplay unit this year if he was still on the team. If Raymond isn't good enough to play on our top unit Bert certainly isn't.

Agree with the bolded part. Plus he was a total wildcard in every sense of the word. Couldn't count on him to a) even play or b) manage the puck responsibly. 

Bert is now playing with the two best linemates he's ever had though. And he stinks. 

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

This.

Guys like Veleno for example. He sets himself apart by showing that he can score in a bottom-six role and play responsible hockey. 

Edited by marcaractac

Bert needs a lot of help.  Debrincat helps others and benefits from help.  Big difference.  We saw Bert turn into a nothing when Larkin was out and/or he wasnt on Larkin's line.  Pretty safe to say Veleno and Sprong would start looking like top 6 guys real fast if Debrincat was added to their line.  Bertuzzi would not have the same effect.

15 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

My point was; put Bert on a top line on any team, garbage or great, and he will be productive(if healthy). 

21 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

If only he would have scored a point per game…

Buncha vax slappies cant admit hes good at hockey cause he wouldnt shoot up with them lol

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Both Bergeron and Marchand were -6, Bert was -4. Those bums were weighing him down.  

And its Sveleno now

agreed, Sveleno.  That line got torched the last 3 games of that series.  Sucked to be Bert Slappy.  Still sucks.  Colin is changing his lettering.  RUB ZE ZIT or ZIT RUB?  Which should he get?