• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

What do with Husso?

Rate this topic

When we come out of the break assuming Lyon starts Wednesday.

Do we put Husso in a game after the break? The next back to back is in March and the schedule is pretty much every other night so what do with him. 

I hate to see the rhythm of the team get messed up but he is/was our "#1".

Do we want to  risk losing 2 points we need if Husso poo poos himself?

Or ride the Lion till he falters and then put in Husso?

Lyon is going to remain the team's starter unless he falters. BUT he can't play as much as he has been and have any gas left in the tank for playoffs. He's going to need competent backup and there's a big opportunity for that to be Husso unless we make a move from outside the organization prior to the deadline.

Husso looked pretty solid the two games he played before his injury. I hope that was because the team was starting to come back around. Nevertheless, he'll get a chance to play a role in this team's success and I sure hope he grabs it because we don't want to overtax Lyon down the stretch.

If you thought the goalie market was fuqqed last summer, its like triple fuqqed this summer. 

Only guy Id be interested in is Pavel Francouz. But talk around the Avs watercooler right now is hes likely going to retire this summer due to the severity of his injuries.

Trading for someone is probably going to be a nightmare with all the other teams hunting. But Markstrom, Ullmark, and maybe even Gibson, will probably be on the market if we are willing to pay the price...

For this reason, do we keep Husso another year? It's still too early to bring up Cossa IMO. Lyon will need someone who is at the bare minimum capable of taking over all duties when he falters. If Husso can still do that would be a big gamble.

Here's my proposal:

DET: Lyon/Husso

GR: Cossa/Gylander

And then bring in KHLer Ilya Konovalov and let him compete for Lyon and Hussos jobs.

Holland drafted Konovalov in the 3rd for EDM. Was a great prospect, but came over to NA during covid, lost the AHL starting gig to Stuart Skinner, and immedately terminated his contract and went home. Since then hes been putting up big seasons for Moscow Dynamo, and hes still only 25.

If we can land Feds as an AC I would hope he can lure some russian kids like this into the program.

36 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

What’s the chance of going from musical chairs between the pipes to having 2 solid netminders in Cossa and Augustine?

Thats bare min 3 seasons away