• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Yzerplan Problems

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Also, he won Cups on the wing. He won Richard trophies at center. One of those things is demonstrably better than the other.

Sheeeeet I'm starting to think we should just move Larkin to the wing if that's the magic trick to win cups

Just now, Scott R Lucidi said:

It doesn't.  You Know What proves he's playing center, tho?

I bet you're gonna tell kip

2 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Almost exclusively from the 40 years I've been watching 

The centers on Stamkos' line get kicked a lot, apparently.  Lulz

I just checked and 87% of our faceoffs this year have been taken by our centers. Is this like a thing that centers mostly do?

I also just realized Rasmussen must be a terrible center as well. That sucks. 

5 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I just checked and 87% of our faceoffs this year have been taken by our centers. Is this like a thing that centers mostly do?

I also just realized Rasmussen must be a terrible center as well. That sucks. 

Rasmussen has NEVER played center.  That's obvious cuz Kip.

Just now, Scott R Lucidi said:

Rasmussen has NEVER played center.  That's obvious cuz Kip.

Remember when we moved Helm and Glendog to wing? Terrible centers. Not at all because there was a nuanced team structure. Both were just terrible centers.

And ya know what... Coop moved Stammer to RW first, and then to LW, and then back to RW, and now back to LW again. I'm not sure Stammer is capable of playing any forward position well.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

The biggest problem I see right now is quantity over quality at Center, Defense, and Goalie.

Stamkos (9 mil)/Veleno (2 mil)/Danielson (1 mil) vs. Compher (5)/Copp (5)/Rasmussen (3)

Lindholm (11)/ Edvinsson (1)/Johansson (1) vs. Chiarot (5)/Petry (2)/Holl (3)

Husso (5)/Reimer (3)/Lyon (1) vs. Hellyebeuck (9)/Cossa (1)

We have an abundance of TRASH supplemented with more trash right now.  I'd rather have a small amount of stars supplemented with high draft picks.  

Post your Yzerplan flaws here.

Sorry - my crystal ball isn't working and my Magic 8-Ball...

The Magic 8 Ball | Wiser Now Inc

44 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Remember when we moved Helm and Glendog to wing? Terrible centers. Not at all because there was a nuanced team structure. Both were just terrible centers.

And ya know what... Coop moved Stammer to RW first, and then to LW, and then back to RW, and now back to LW again. I'm not sure Stammer is capable of playing any forward position well.

He's not.  His face off stats are a LIE.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I remember around 2002-2004, we had 8 or 9 forwards who were centers up to the NHL level.  Yzerman, Feds, Larionov, Brown, Draper, LaPointe, Maltby, Dats, Zetterberg, Dandenealt.

Brown = RW

LaPointe = RW

Maltby = LW/RW

Dandenault = RW/D

Fedorov was a wing on the Russian 5 line. Plus he also played D. Does any of this have anything to do with The Yzerplan? We have 2 pages of arguing about who played C and now plays W. This could be it's own thread.

Yzerplan. I, as well as most people, tend to give Yzerman lots of leash and lots of passes because he's such an icon here. If Holland were still GM, we'd (still) be calling for him to be fired if he made the same moves or lack of moves that Yzerman has. Especially after this past TDL. While I don't really have too much of a problem with his plan so far, but if you think of a couple of other teams that were also rebuilding the same time we were (Rangers, Canucks, Devils) we are still way behind in our rebuild. Although Rangers and Devils have been gifted 1st overall and in some cases, multiple #1s, and top 4s. But nonetheless, we are still way behind them despite having top 10 picks the last 6 or 8 years. Holland absolutely killed us with Zadina. Vancouver drafted ahead of us the year prior and just behind us the Zadina year. Not going D that year was the most...nevermind that could be yet another thread! Point being, they were rebuilding the same time we were and now look at them compared to us.

I'm not convinced Lalonde is the guy to lead them either. My biggest question with the plan was, why did he keep Blashill around so long? That makes me afraid that he'll just keep Lalonde around far, far too much longer than he should. Obviously we weren't there when he was interviewing coaches, so we don't know who he called or who wasn't interested. It just seems Lalonde was the guy no matter what. IMO there were at least 3 better choices. Larionov, Fedorov and Grönborg. Fedorov being the wildcard. But they didn't call Igor The Professor for no reason. Nobody thinks the game like he does. Again, maybe these guys weren't interested, but to me, it just seemed like Lalonde was his guy from the start, and he wasn't going to consider anyone else. I would've liked to have seen a coach that was new and had ideas that 31 other coaches don't already have. There's nothing special about Lalonde. Nothing that sets him apart. 

And my one gripe about TDL. I think Roslovic could've and would've been an upgrade to our top 9 and think most definitely he would've been worth the 4th(3rd) that Rangerd paid for him.

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Fedorov was a wing on the Russian 5 line. Plus he also played D. Does any of this have anything to do with The Yzerplan? We have 2 pages of arguing about who played C and now plays W. This could be it's own thread.

Yzerplan. I, as well as most people, tend to give Yzerman lots of leash and lots of passes because he's such an icon here. If Holland were still GM, we'd (still) be calling for him to be fired if he made the same moves or lack of moves that Yzerman has. Especially after this past TDL. While I don't really have too much of a problem with his plan so far, but if you think of a couple of other teams that were also rebuilding the same time we were (Rangers, Canucks, Devils) we are still way behind in our rebuild. Although Rangers and Devils have been gifted 1st overall and in some cases, multiple #1s, and top 4s. But nonetheless, we are still way behind them despite having top 10 picks the last 6 or 8 years. Holland absolutely killed us with Zadina. Vancouver drafted ahead of us the year prior and just behind us the Zadina year. Not going D that year was the most...nevermind that could be yet another thread! Point being, they were rebuilding the same time we were and now look at them compared to us.

I'm not convinced Lalonde is the guy to lead them either. My biggest question with the plan was, why did he keep Blashill around so long? That makes me afraid that he'll just keep Lalonde around far, far too much longer than he should. Obviously we weren't there when he was interviewing coaches, so we don't know who he called or who wasn't interested. It just seems Lalonde was the guy no matter what. IMO there were at least 3 better choices. Larionov, Fedorov and Grönborg. Fedorov being the wildcard. But they didn't call Igor The Professor for no reason. Nobody thinks the game like he does. Again, maybe these guys weren't interested, but to me, it just seemed like Lalonde was his guy from the start, and he wasn't going to consider anyone else. I would've liked to have seen a coach that was new and had ideas that 31 other coaches don't already have. There's nothing special about Lalonde. Nothing that sets him apart. 

And my one gripe about TDL. I think Roslovic could've and would've been an upgrade to our top 9 and think most definitely he would've been worth the 4th(3rd) that Rangerd paid for him.

Look... do you think Stamkos is a center or not?