• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

How do you delete attachments?

Rate this topic

You have to go to your attachments, then click on the thread they are in (it'll tell you where they are) and then select "edit" post, delete attachment, then save. There might be another way, but that is how I do it. If the thread is too old, you cannot edit it, so the attachment is there forever. I have some that are 6 years old that I cannot edit.

Edited by LeftWinger

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You have to go to your attachments, then click on the thread they are in (it'll tell you where they are) and then select "edit" post, delete attachment, then save. There might be another way, but that is how I do it. If the thread is too old, you cannot edit it, so the attachment is there forever. I have some that are 6 years old that I cannot edit.

Thanks LW seems a wee bit complicated vs a simple delete pulldown but I can manage this. 

15 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Thanks LW seems a wee bit complicated vs a simple delete pulldown but I can manage this. 

ya, it takes some time. It would be nice to be able to see them all and select the ones you want to delete and just press delete.

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I tried doing this last month and I'm still stuck...LGW will never witness my meme genius.

ATTENTION OLD CRUSTY BOOMERS

Do you have a seriously radical maymay you want to post?

WELL IM GONNA TELL YOU HOW YA BIG DUMB CORPSES

>find image you want
>open image in new tab
>copy
>Paste as plain text in your comment

this should work every time
If it doesn't, you either did not open the link to the direct image and need to "open image in new tab" or you you pasted it, but not as "plain text".

If you have an image that's not already hosted on the interwebs, you need to post it to an image hosting service like imgflip or imgur, and then do all the stuff about open in new tabe and plain text I talked about.

You do not have to rely on LGW's regarded image memory even a little

8 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

ATTENTION OLD CRUSTY BOOMERS

Do you have a seriously radical maymay you want to post?

WELL IM GONNA TELL YOU HOW YA BIG DUMB CORPSES

>find image you want
>open image in new tab
>copy
>Paste as plain text in your comment

this should work every time
If it doesn't, you either did not open the link to the direct image and need to "open image in new tab" or you you pasted it, but not as "plain text".

If you have an image that's not already hosted on the interwebs, you need to post it to an image hosting service like imgflip or imgur, and then do all the stuff about open in new tabe and plain text I talked about.

You do not have to rely on LGW's regarded image memory even a little

BOOMERPOSTING NEED TO STOP WHY ARE YOU HELPING THEM

22 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

did a sort by size and tried to delete those first 

Went to post 

edited deleted image 

yet that image still is in attachments does it take a few minutes or more for delete to happen?

I just hit the trash can on the uploaded image and it's instantly gone.

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I just hit the trash can on the uploaded image and it's instantly gone.

11 hours ago, Motor City Mullets said:

For some of us there is no trash can...I wonder if it's because we're 'newer' members.

It's insane how easy this is and beyond help you all still are lol