• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Matt Rempe

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Yah, he's fought 3 of the leagues toughest in Martin, DeLauriais, and Reaves in a short amount of time.  Pretty much draws or small losses in them all, but the other guys all felt it.  His elbow was dirty, but guy is 6'7”.  He needs to be more careful than other guys because of his height.  He's everything we want Soderblom to be.  Wish we could trade.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Tough kid, gotta give him kudos for that. I also don't think he'll be in the league long, but if Reaves can have a job for as long as he has then who knows?

I would normally agree with the "This guy won't be in the league long" schtick, but I think this guy is a different breed.  People LIKE this guy.  And by people, I mean EVERYBODY - even his opponents.  I watched Reaves get interviewed, and you could tell what was in Reave's mind, even thought he didn't want to say it - the torch has been passed.  This guy is it now.  And Rempe isn't just some scrub that doesn't have any value outside of his fighting.  He's a centerman that the Rags are seeing good things from when he just plays hockey.  30 hits in 10 games.  He's the EXACT kind of guy we need.  

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2024/03/20/rangers-matt-rempe-addresses-suspension-fighting-challenges-and-more/73042726007/

9 hours ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

I have higher expectations for Soderblom over this scrub. Rempe will be outta the league in a year. The only reason hes there now is because of his size. He sucks.

Several years ago I would've made the argument that you cannot undervalue toughness on the roster, but the way the game is today this kid will have to do more than just run guys and fight...Don't get me wrong - I appreciate what he brings, but chances are he'll likely spend more time on the bench, or in the press box once the playoffs begin.

11 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Tough kid, gotta give him kudos for that. I also don't think he'll be in the league long, but if Reaves can have a job for as long as he has then who knows?

He's doing the same thing as Ghadovich in Florida. Respect it, but both probably end up as AHLers cause theyre not very good hockey players.

Only difference with Rempe is he's HUGE so maybe he has more staying power than a 6' Gadovich.

I'm still of the opinion that if you want a tough guy, get a Wilson type. Someone who can bang and play. Any regard big guy in the bottom 6 can fight if they wanna be cool for a minute. 

13 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

He's doing the same thing as Ghadovich in Florida. Respect it, but both probably end up as AHLers cause theyre not very good hockey players.

Only difference with Rempe is he's HUGE so maybe he has more staying power than a 6' Gadovich.

I'm still of the opinion that if you want a tough guy, get a Wilson type. Someone who can bang and play. Any regard big guy in the bottom 6 can fight if they wanna be cool for a minute. 

You have not watched Rempe.  He's a wrecking ball on skates.