• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Toronto vs. Boston

Rate this topic

Marchand is delivering 

He is drilling anything on the ice not a Bruin which is inspiring the team to do the same.

He is doing the normal Marchand activities to throw you off your game

Involved with Bert on the winning goal in which was borderline penalty time

Dug in at end when he missed the open net. Came out with puck for the slam dunk on the empty net. If you were paying attention that very nice looking older lady behind on the glass was flipping him off.

Thats when you KNOW you are under EVERYONE'S skin when old ladies are shooting ya the bird. 

I think Marchand is stealing Toronto's soul and they are doomed

I haven’t watched many games this year, but I caught the last half of game 2, and I was impressed with the stick checking effort and effectiveness by the Bruins.  Those of you that watch regularly, are any other teams succeeding in this area as well as Boston?  The team seems to be bought in.  I think it’s fair to recognize this as a distinction between talent and coaching.  

1 hour ago, Mckinley25 said:

I haven’t watched many games this year, but I caught the last half of game 2, and I was impressed with the stick checking effort and effectiveness by the Bruins.  Those of you that watch regularly, are any other teams succeeding in this area as well as Boston?  The team seems to be bought in.  I think it’s fair to recognize this as a distinction between talent and coaching.  

This exactly why I think we should take a step back, let Ghost and Kane go, and reload with youngsters. We want to build a Bruins team, and not a Leafs team that thinks they can spend their way to a cup.

Bruins did it the right way, and despite every year folks saying "Bruins are about to collapse" here they are again. Because they built that culture and their young guys and UFAs are forced to buy into that culture.

Leafs never accomplished or built anything besides drafting a few top guys then immedately trying to spend their way to the top. No one on that team has been there or done that and it shows. And thats exactly why we shouldnt knee jerk mortgage the future to push for a playoff run next year. 

Stay the course. Trust the plan.

54 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

This exactly why I think we should take a step back, let Ghost and Kane go, and reload with youngsters. We want to build a Bruins team, and not a Leafs team that thinks they can spend their way to a cup.

Bruins did it the right way, and despite every year folks saying "Bruins are about to collapse" here they are again. Because they built that culture and their young guys and UFAs are forced to buy into that culture.

Leafs never accomplished or built anything besides drafting a few top guys then immedately trying to spend their way to the top. No one on that team has been there or done that and it shows. And thats exactly why we shouldnt knee jerk mortgage the future to push for a playoff run next year. 

Stay the course. Trust the plan.

I have to agree  with you despite the pain in doing so(still smarting over my potential divorce with Kane)

I think the Bruins have a very strong leader in Marchand who learned with Bergeron like we used to have here. I am guessing if you step out of line he isn't afraid to correct your course.

Yzerguy for 20 years taught what it was to be a Wing. Who would dare not give full effort when you watched him play through injuries etc. You were corrected if you didn't do it the "Red Wing Way"

to Nick for 6 years team still strong still same culture

to Hank for 6 years team starting to tilt down and not a lot of young blood coming in to learn the "Red Wing Way" imports(FA) more than folks driving down 96 from GR. 

to Larkin for the last 4 years team in garbage can needing to relearn the way hence the Perons/Kanes etc to mentor Larkin and teach the young ones coming up 

Has Larkin become a Marchand kind of presence now? He has had a glimpse on what is needed can he force the team to comply? He seemed IMHO to grow this year. 

We also had Scotty and Babs who both didn't give AF about being your buddy call it old school. Versus Blash and Festers which seem to be wanting to be buddies new school.  

4 hours ago, Mckinley25 said:

Carolina is exceedingly annoying at this.  They just constantly slam their sticks down on the sticks of their opponents.  You can hear it the entire f v cking game.  The problem with the Red Wings is that the GM and coach are too dumb to have a plan for this type of team that differs from the plan against Columbus.  They enter every single game doing the exact same thing.  When you play teams that are hard on the forecheck and constantly slash and hook, you have to bring a 2 bangers into the game and have them wreck shop for the first 10 minutes.  Once the other teams know that the bowling balls are coming, they tend to get a little more focused on not getting smashed.  That helps them to UNfocus on slashing gloves/sticks, and grabbing jerseys.  The Red Wings don't understand the knife to a gun fight thing.  It's frustrating.

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Carolina is exceedingly annoying at this.  They just constantly slam their sticks down on the sticks of their opponents.  You can hear it the entire f v cking game.  The problem with the Red Wings is that the GM and coach are too dumb to have a plan for this type of team that differs from the plan against Columbus.  They enter every single game doing the exact same thing.  When you play teams that are hard on the forecheck and constantly slash and hook, you have to bring a 2 bangers into the game and have them wreck shop for the first 10 minutes.  Once the other teams know that the bowling balls are coming, they tend to get a little more focused on not getting smashed.  That helps them to UNfocus on slashing gloves/sticks, and grabbing jerseys.  The Red Wings don't understand the knife to a gun fight thing.  It's frustrating.

I was surprised a few times that Boston wasn’t penalized. 

2 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Who are our bowling balls? 

just read this which is kind interesting 

https://www.thehockeybeast.com/nhl/wayne-gretzky-shares-the-most-awesome-story-about-what-brad-marchand-did-last-summer-he-even-calls-it-one-of-the-great-stories-hes-ever-heard-in-hockey/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR18ACz-BjBui0JBc6XVyWvlXRX1NlFGkyMWmnItCcMCYmvY80ECwD2o6ko_aem_AZUDszEqwFw8yGYMU5MY3_ZR2JGiQyexJM50_Y1w6hpJhu8B080piOHboWuRQI5wKBQHC_fUFhw2IvSYPMktYVyD

From the article if you don't want to read or can't read

"One of the great stories I’ve ever heard in hockey, and there are so many good stories because there are so many great people in it,” Gretzky said. ”But I was told by a friend that he went to training camp last year with the rookies for five days and practiced with them to teach them how to be a pro and what it’s like to be a Boston Bruin.”

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

just read this which is kind interesting 

https://www.thehockeybeast.com/nhl/wayne-gretzky-shares-the-most-awesome-story-about-what-brad-marchand-did-last-summer-he-even-calls-it-one-of-the-great-stories-hes-ever-heard-in-hockey/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR18ACz-BjBui0JBc6XVyWvlXRX1NlFGkyMWmnItCcMCYmvY80ECwD2o6ko_aem_AZUDszEqwFw8yGYMU5MY3_ZR2JGiQyexJM50_Y1w6hpJhu8B080piOHboWuRQI5wKBQHC_fUFhw2IvSYPMktYVyD

From the article if you don't want to read or can't read

"One of the great stories I’ve ever heard in hockey, and there are so many good stories because there are so many great people in it,” Gretzky said. ”But I was told by a friend that he went to training camp last year with the rookies for five days and practiced with them to teach them how to be a pro and what it’s like to be a Boston Bruin.”

And this is why the Bruins make the playoffs every year. Brad starts pro-hypno brainwasing day 1. Someone send this article to Dylan and Mo.

Personally I prefer the babcockian approach:

FMJ.jpg

If you ladies leave my rink, if you survive prospect training, you will be a shopwrecker. You will be a minister of truculence praying for scrums. But until that day, you are LGW whipping boys. You are the lowest form of life on the internet. You are not even human fuqqing beings. You are nothing but unorganized puck-watching pieces of floater shid! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no xenophobic bigotry here. I do not look down on Svens, Teemus, Slavas or Jean-Claudes. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all benders who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Wheel. Do you pigeons understand that?

14 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Toronto gains zone 

Boston corners puck 2 passes and it's out and they change 

wash rinse repeat

Toronto not getting o zone cycle time currently 

Sounds familiar