• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Getzlaf and Wisniewski updates

Rate this topic

I don't think its that severe. From what I've gathered, its essentially just a bruise, and heals more or less in the same way an external bruise would. Apparently he had to go through a stress test as well, which is pretty vigorous, so I don't think the doctors would mind exercising or staying in shape. The concern is if he is hit in the lungs again, and the bruise ruptures.

I'm not a trauma surgeon, but I am a doctor. By definition it is serious, but blunt trauma usually causes large contusions. Ten - 25% of people usually die as a result of it. In these cases there are probably large V-P shunts, but still, it's serious. I'm amazed they let him on a bike this soon.

I'm a fan, but that's a huge pet peeve of mine.

We don't pay their salaries. Period.

Our money goes to Mike Ilitch.

How HE decides to spend HIS money is entirely up to him.

To assume that we, as fans, have some kind of "right", or "ownership" to these Players simply because we "pay their salaries" when we buy tickets/merchandise is like stating the since we spend our hard earned money at Little Caesars, we should have some say in not only who is hired by LCP, but also in how the pizza is made, AND in what toppings Mike and Marian choose to have on their Pizza! Pizza! when they order.

We're not stockholders. We're customers. We get full value for our money at the point of sale.

Pay for tickets....see the show. Buy a jersey.....wear it home. Transaction complete.

Our money doesn't entitle us to an interest, any more than eating dinner at Little Caesars 3 times a week makes us stockholders with a right to know what changes will be made to the menu in the coming months, let alone a SAY in those changes.

It certainly doesn't entitle us to confidential medical information.

Great post, well articulated!

Wiz needs to sit the game out. No game is worth his long term health. Also dont see a doctor clearing him to play.

As for getzy just give him a bottle of day quil and put out on the ice.

Edited by Duck Guy

To assume that we, as fans, have some kind of "right", or "ownership" to these Players simply because we "pay their salaries" when we buy tickets/merchandise is like stating the since we spend our hard earned money at Little Caesars, we should have some say in not only who is hired by LCP, but also in how the pizza is made, AND in what toppings Mike and Marian choose to have on their Pizza! Pizza! when they order.

We're not stockholders. We're customers. We get full value for our money at the point of sale.

Pay for tickets....see the show. Buy a jersey.....wear it home. Transaction complete.

Our money doesn't entitle us to an interest, any more than eating dinner at Little Caesars 3 times a week makes us stockholders with a right to know what changes will be made to the menu in the coming months, let alone a SAY in those changes.

You are clueless.. Fans should sit on advisory committees and instruct Coach Babcock on line combinations.. :rolleyes:

With beer helmets on.

See....we know the deal. All they need to do is listen to us. And read this board (and only this board) and all will be well. Oh, and more pepperonis, but a little less salty, please. Thanks. gulp, gulp. sslluuurrrp. buuuurrrrrpppp. Ahhhhh.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

You are clueless.. Fans should sit on advisory committees and instruct Coach Babcock on line combinations.. rolleyes.gif

With beer helmets on.

Priceless! I can visualize that. Let's have them sit behind the bench. :)

post-9801-1241962936_thumb.jpg

Edited by MidMichSteve

Maybe because we as fans pay their salaries by spending our earned money on tickets for games, merchandise, ect.

Try telling a cop you pay his salary and see if that gets you out of a ticket...

Great post :thumbup:

If they are feeling under the weather we should help cheer them up ,be ambassadors to the game. Lets put a new bright coat of paint in the visitors locker room this morning. Thanks Scotty.

Nobody said anything about confidential information. No need to blow things out of proportion to make a point. I don't remember asking for medical records to be posted online... do you?

I'm just saying that this whole Draper/Rafalski thing is very covert and dark ops'ish. More so than any other injuries I can remember. I don't think expecting a little more solid information is an over the top request.

And as far as you saying that the fans don't fund this team, that's garbage. How long would this team last with and empty arena and nobody buying any merchandise? That's like saying that Budwieser makes no money from beer drinkers because they hand their money to the bartender...

Guest micah

Man, the Ducks are tough, in every sence of the word. They've built a succesful team arounbd guys who just plain have sacks. Hit, crash, bang, fight, talk trash, skate with lung contusions, that whole team is badass.

I'm just saying that this whole Draper/Rafalski thing is very covert and dark ops'ish. More so than any other injuries I can remember. I don't think expecting a little more solid information is an over the top request.

Yes it is.

And as far as you saying that the fans don't fund this team, that's garbage. How long would this team last with and empty arena and nobody buying any merchandise? That's like saying that Budwieser makes no money from beer drinkers because they hand their money to the bartender...

He didn't say the fans don't fund the team. He made a point about the difference between stockholder and costumer that seems to have gotten lost on you.

Yes it is.

In your opinion.

He didn't say the fans don't fund the team. He made a point about the difference between stockholder and costumer that seems to have gotten lost on you.

The lack of any information whatsoever is just very frustrating to me. That's all.

Man, the Ducks are tough, in every sence of the word. They've built a succesful team arounbd guys who just plain have sacks. Hit, crash, bang, fight, talk trash, skate with lung contusions, that whole team is badass.

Finally! I've been wondering when you would come out of the closet as a Ducks' fan. That's gotta feel a whole lot better to get off your chest! :clap:

Noun. sence. Common misspelling of sense. Retrieved from "http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sence". Category: Misspellings

Not much to add. ;)

Edited by MidMichSteve