• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
USAFWingedWheel

Who's Andy Delmore,

Rate this topic

...knowing the source i'm a bit sceptical but, here you go.....

Andy Delmore signed a deal with the Red Wings. He's a good fit for that team, and a player that could thrive with the new NHL...this deal, not a big one, but could turn into something big. This is a good Fantasy hockey tip....

link

A Delmore was a stud for a season or 2 in PHI.. I remember him in the playoffs in the early 2000's.. obviously he has been shipped around a bit, but I think he is a solid D-man..

as far as Eklund, 9 times out of 10 when he says a deal is done it is.. what every one tends to forget is that he is just reporting as he hears things... none of it is intended to be taken as fact.. if he hears a GM say 'hey, we have been talking to Kariyas agent' he is going to report so and so is looking at Kariya.. I think its cool to hear which teams are talking to which players.. who cares if it ends up not to pan out.. at least we get to hear about it!!

So much for size.... rolleyes.gif why didn't we just sign Woolley? I don't get this signing, he has no size, and he's a Woolley clone. I hope this is an error.

Edited by Barnes52

Quote from Holland:

The two areas I'm still concerned about is goal scoring and our size and toughness," Holland said. "We only have so much money left to stay under the salary cap, so I don't know if we'll be able to address all of our needs in our new world. We're going to have a lot of question marks that might not get answered until midseason, but I think that's going to be the case for a lot of clubs."

So he signs Andy Delmore? What a joke

that's what i was thinking....6ft at 189 lbs is not that big......oh well, maybe he came with the happy meal.....

TSN has him at 200 pounds, so maybe he has more size than you think. here is the link...http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=519&hubName=

hockeydb is a reliable site but sometimes their stats CAN be outdated, but that is the case for TSN as well, so make your own decision.

TSN's got him at 6'1 and 200 lbs. He has no physical game at all, but the one thing I do see that is okay is he has pretty good stats in the playoffs for the few times he made it. Plus he's not a fossil, so I guess we're kinda headed in the right direction. Personally I woulda liked to see some balls added to the D-core, but guess I'll keep on wishing.

Delmore is 6 ft 200lbs.

This is not small.

But he's not that physical. He's also an offensive defencemen like Lidstrom, Kronwall, and Schneider. With unimpressive +/-

He's not needed in Detroit.

I like to think the Wings brass has a plan, but this signing would seem very illogical.

Edited by rick zombo

TSN has him at 200 pounds, so maybe he has more size than you think. here is the link...http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=519&hubName=

hockeydb is a reliable site but sometimes their stats CAN be outdated, but that is the case for TSN as well, so make your own decision.

200 lbs is what he calls size and toughness? You're kidding me. He was a washout in Nashville. Why do we end up with these guys? At least get a guy with some toughness

i'm still waiting on the official announcement about his signing, that way if it is true i can add to my already pretty s***ty monday.....

is eklund the only site reporting this???? couldn't find anything anywhere else..

200 lbs is what he calls size and toughness? You're kidding me. He was a washout in Nashville. Why do we end up with these guys? At least get a guy with some toughness

toughness for what? what most call toughness I call a hack that cant skate and hooks and holds all the way up the ice (or hooks and holds in the corners in the case of a defenseman).. supposedly the NEW NHL will put a premium on quick teams that can pass and skate.. with that in mind, why get a "tough" guy that will be a healthy scratch in the playoffs?

toughness for what? what most call toughness I call a hack that cant skate and hooks and holds all the way up the ice (or hooks and holds in the corners in the case of a defenseman).. supposedly the NEW NHL will put a premium on quick teams that can pass and skate.. with that in mind, why get a "tough" guy that will be a healthy scratch in the playoffs?

before you start hacking someone's opinion make sure your own holds water....toughness has nothing to do with hooking or holding anyone, it's laying on a heavy hit and being able to drop the gloves when needed.

a physical presence on the ice is what the wings need.....btw, i don't remember McCarty, Kocur, Domi, etc.... being a bunch of hacks that can't skate...

first of all, if someone weighing 200 pounds comes at you in the rink, trust me it WILL hurt. And second, there is this player in the NHL that weighs the same and is the same size, his name is Peter Forsberg. I am not comparing Delmore to him, but their frame is the same and I have seen Forsberg lay the smack down on many, including wings, so I would bet that with Delmore being a DEFENSEMAN, he has toughness. How much you weigh and how tall you are is not indicative of how much carnage you lay on the ice. So don't assume this guy has no toughness or size.

Edited by yzerman&thewings=CUP

first of all, if someone weighing 200 pounds comes at you in the rink, trust me it WILL hurt. And second, there is this player in the NHL that weighs the same and is the same size, his name is Peter Forsberg. I am not comparing Delmore to him, but their frame is the same and I have seen Forsberg lay the smack down on many, including wings, so I would bet that with Delmore being a DEFENSEMAN, he has toughness. How much you weigh and how tall you are is not indicative of how much carnage you lay on the ice. So don't assume this guy has no toughness or size.

This is retarded. Weight has little to do with toughness. Yes, if a 200 pound guy is skating at me, I'll move. Doesn't mean he's gonna try. You assume because Delmore is a d-man he has toughness? Forsberg plays a very different game than Delmore. It would be like comparing Cujo to Delmore. There are lots of guys smaller than Delmore that have twice the testicles.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

That's why all these other teams were beating down his door, right? He couldn't play in Nashville, doesn't that say something? Plus, Holland needs more size and was only looking for a 5th or 6th D-Man, how does this fit. Look at what other teams are doing, they sure as hell are getting bigger, and who replaces Hatcher? Delmore? LOL

My initial reaction is that I'm not a fan of this move. Not that I don't like Delmore, its just he seems like a redundant signing. We have average size offensive d-men, we NEED size and toughness.

I just hope that if this signing is actual fact that it is not the last addition to the D corps.

I'm still hoping for Todd Simpson.

before you start hacking someone's opinion make sure your own holds water....toughness has nothing to do with hooking or holding anyone, it's laying on a heavy hit and being able to drop the gloves when needed.

a physical presence on the ice is what the wings need.....btw, i don't remember McCarty, Kocur, Domi, etc.... being a bunch of hacks that can't skate...

settle down there tough guy..

McCarty would be the first to admit he cant skate a lick.. read his book.. Kocur? come on.. if your going to argue my point use some hard hitters that CAN skate (LaPointe, Avery, Brashear)

I never said this was a HUGE signing.. all I AM saying is that you need to be careful when you are looking for hitters and physical players now.. the NHL is doing everything they can to de-value the one dimensional player (which, IMO is how it should be.. weed out the 'hangers on')