• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Big Snake?

Rate this topic

Great article Hatcher, thanks! The more I hear about Big Snake, the more I like.

No probs Todd, you seem pretty excited about this kidd and you should be to, i am really excited aswell and im pretty sure the Barnes boys are to. biggrin.gif I hope he has a good main camp and then plays in Grand Rapids with Barnes and Amadio.

I'd love to see him in the wings line up on a line with Malts & Booter. Talk about agitating the hell out of the other opponents. biggrin.gif haha that'd be great. I hope he has a damn good camp, and plays with GR. He seems awesome, and looks like he could be really good for the future.

i am seriously excited for this kid!! i can already see him beating up on some Av's! let's all hope he makes it to GR and then ultimately to Detroit. i think he is just what this team needs. we have the playmakers and veteran leaders and agitaters we just need a guy that when the opposing team sees him on the ice, they think "oh sh*t, snake is on the ice" that guy people fear and if he can put the puck in the net from time to time, he makes them tremble even more...looking good so far! GO SNAKE GO!

No probs Todd, you seem pretty excited about this kidd and you should be to, i am really excited aswell and im pretty sure the Barnes boys are to.  I hope he has a good main camp and then plays in Grand Rapids with Barnes and Amadio.

I am excited. I love physical hockey, and this guy just keeps impressing. I would been excited at the draft if we picked up somebody like him, but this is just fine too. I hope he has a great camp too.

Out of the four games, I saw one fight with him that was decent, with actual punches being thrown. The rest were basically hugging matches, and one was broken up before it started.

No, he didn't back down from anyone... but that doesn't mean he's a good fighter. And before I get jumped on, I'm not saying that he isn't a good fighter, I just didn't see anything impressive at camp.

Edited by MyBigMac00

I'm not jumping on you....I only saw one game so you may be right. My only point was that it's refreshing to have a guy in camp that would fight his grandmother to make the team, and has decent enough hands to be able to score. Sure, I'd like a guy who dropped every guy he faced, but I'll take a guy who's gutsy enough to take on each and all comers. His fightcard is filled with guys who are AHL and NHL heavyweights, that's better than anything we've gotten in the last 5 yrs or so. IMHO he has potential fourth line NHL ability, my concern with him is that he sometimes has issues with authority and is not afraid to open his mouth. Having said that, maybe with maturity he'll lose that. Another plus is that he's very fan friendly, and his teammates love him

Edited by Barnes52

I didn't mean that you would be the one to jump on me wink.gif It has just been my experience that those that don't agree with me get all huffy. lol Just backing myself up for expressing my opinion...

I agree 100% with everything you said... he has an impressive fightcard, he just didn't seem to show his true abilities at camp, that's all. smile.gif

He fought everyone he was supposed to and didn't back down from anyone. He stuck up for all his teamates. No idea what Red Wings fans expect considering what we've had the last few years.

Your right on this one. I hope we get the deal done.

I wasn't too impressed with him at the prospect camp. Maybe he didn't put forth a good, full effort in the fighting department because it was camp... but his fighting ability left a lot to be desired.

Some people can and will not be pleased. He is the only person on the team that even looks like he wants to fight and we all say no. Shame on some redwing fans. When he's in an Avs unifrom then everyone will be happy I guess. I say sign this man now before it's to late!!! boxing.gif

Some people can and will not be pleased. He is the only person on the team that even looks like he wants to fight and we all say no. Shame on some redwing fans. When he's in an Avs unifrom then everyone will be happy I guess. I say sign this man now before it's to late!!! boxing.gif

Actually, it's been mainly me saying I'd like to take a pass on Big Snake. Most of the guys here really want to sign him (with the exception of BigMac). Well, after a strong camp, I'm willing to take a chance on Snake, at least in GR. I'm happy that more first nations' players are making it into the league. Let's just hope, however, that Big Snake does not turn into the next Jordan Tootoo. That would be just plain awful.

Here we go again. I was giving my opinion on what he did AT PROSPECT CAMP. I didn't say "....He sucks...I don't want him on the team..." And I don't really care what the Red Wings do with him. I wasn't there scouting out talent for the Wings, I was scouting out talent for the Storm.

Big Snake played his first intrazquad game with the Wings. He played with Oulahen and Herring, and it doesn't look like he did much in penalties or on the scoresheet. He was on the fourth line for Team B. Jorgensen and Blair Jarrett were also relatively quiet for Team C. Keller was really impressive though. He had a goal and an assist for the two goals Team C scored. I know Barnsey will also appreciate the fact that LaCouture did the same as Keller for Team C. Cleary and Sloan were the only other two tryouts to put anything on the scoresheet, Cleary a goal and Sloan an assist for Team B.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm really hoping that we get Big Snake signed. It would be nice if he was 6'5" and 240lbs. but he isn't, so we will have to take what we can get. He may be undersized, but he's willing to take on anyone who is asking for it, and he has shown that he can fight well above his weight.

I think we will get him signed up, and hopefully we can sign up a few of these other guys who are showing something in camp.

Also, it's good to see that he put "Robin" into the name of his web site. If he called his site www.bigsnake.com it could have sounded like a completely different sort of site.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm really hoping that we get Big Snake signed. It would be nice if he was 6'5" and 240lbs. but he isn't, so we will have to take what we can get. He may be undersized, but he's willing to take on anyone who is asking for it, and he has shown that he can fight well above his weight.

I think we will get him signed up, and hopefully we can sign up a few of these other guys who are showing something in camp.

Also, it's good to see that he put "Robin" into the name of his web site. If he called his site www.bigsnake.com it could have sounded like a completely different sort of site.

Agreed, The thing is aswell though that he is only 21 so if the Wings do sign him and let him develop in Grand Rapids then he could end up weighing in at around 225 to 230 pounds and that extra weight could really help him out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm really hoping that we get Big Snake signed.  It would be nice if he was 6'5" and 240lbs. but he isn't, so we will have to take what we can get.  He may be undersized, but he's willing to take on anyone who is asking for it, and he has shown that he can fight well above his weight.

Also, it's good to see that he put "Robin" into the name of his web site.  If he called his site www.bigsnake.com it could have sounded like a completely different sort of site.

Agreed, The thing is aswell though that he is only 21 so if the Wings do sign him and let him develop in Grand Rapids then he could end up weighing in at around 225 to 230 pounds and that extra weight could really help him out.

Yeah, I have no doubt that he will continue to develop and get bigger.

I'm only 21 as well, and I'm nowhere near at my maximum possible size. I'm 6'5" and about 195lbs. but I think I still have plenty of room to add muscle, which is why I'm still working out and lifting weights.

So even though Big Snake is a bit shorter than me, at 220lbs. he still has some more filling out to do, but probably not as much as someone who is 5 inches taller and 25lbs. lighter (like me).

I'm thinking that he will probably end up at about 230lbs. or maybe 240lbs. at the most.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm really hoping that we get Big Snake signed.  It would be nice if he was 6'5" and 240lbs. but he isn't, so we will have to take what we can get.  He may be undersized, but he's willing to take on anyone who is asking for it, and he has shown that he can fight well above his weight.

Also, it's good to see that he put "Robin" into the name of his web site.  If he called his site www.bigsnake.com it could have sounded like a completely different sort of site.

Yeah, I have no doubt that he will continue to develop and get bigger.

I'm only 21 as well, and I'm nowhere near at my maximum possible size. I'm 6'5" and about 195lbs. but I think I still have plenty of room to add muscle, which is why I'm still working out and lifting weights.

So even though Big Snake is a bit shorter than me, at 220lbs. he still has some more filling out to do, but probably not as much as someone who is 5 inches taller and 25lbs. lighter (like me).

I'm thinking that he will probably end up at about 230lbs. or maybe 240lbs. at the most.

Wow you are 6'5 do you you fancy lacing them up for the Wings, can you drop the gloves haha tongue.gif . All kidding aside i find it alot harder to knock a guy off the puck who is 6'0 230 than a guy who is 6'5 230 just for the fact that a smaller guy has a lower centre of gravity and is more solid and stocky than the biggar guy.