• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Lang on the block?

Rate this topic

I wouldn't put much emphasis on it (yet) since it's being reported from aways away first.

Interesting if it would happen.

Lang hasn't been phenomenal but he hasn't stunk it up at all to any stretch of the imagination.

I think it'd be a mistake to depart with him, he's a good playmaker with size, but we could probably get a decent player or two out of a deal with him and it's not like the team seriously lacks offense.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Hopefully it's not true. I would hate to see a guy like him go. Hopefully it's like the Andreychuk rumor. I just don't really see it happening, they have been really pleased with Lang.

This doesn't make too much sense. He's a top 6 forward on the team right now. Who replaces him stevie Y? Not that he can't handle it, but he's no longer that good anymore. Another possibility is that they may be in the owen nolan sweepstakes.

im down with getting rid of lang and his 3.7 million for this season and next , it'll save us some important cap space to get some good quality defencemen and players for this season and next , even without lang our forwards will be just fine , what we need is defencemen

as much as i like lilja/wooley/lebda their not great defencemen , and chelios/lidstrom and schneider arent getting any younger , if we could save up some cash to get a big defencemen next year in redden or chara by gettin rid of lang and getting someone worthy right now id do it in a heartbeat

lang can always be replaced .....i just checked the top ahl scorers and hudler is #1 and filppula is #12 ......plus we got grigorenko hopefully coming up next season, id rather replace lang with filppula or hudler for the rest of the season and get one of the 2 prospects ready for next year and get use to the nhl rather then bringing up our top prospects all at a time

i say trade lang for anyone whod take him

Edited by wingsfan27

I was on XM SAT radio tonight talking about this very thing. The idea that the salary cap is going to go up next season might entice a small market team in taking him. The idea that we could free up that money and gain a descent guy would be awesome. Don't be suprised if the Caps take him back in return for Witt. This trade would benefit both teams. The Caps have the cap room, and Detroit needs a tough blue liner. Another option is to the Rangers. The only thing is, I would hate to get Poti in return. Tutyn would be the better return. I could see NY trying to put Lang-Jagr back together. I think Lang would return to his previous form. Good line... Jagr-Lang-Prucha. There is also an outside chance that Lang could be bait to obtain a high-end goalie. Legace is doing fine, but look at our history and goalies. Fischer's salary is gone, Lang's would be gone and the idea he may be packaged with a guy like Mowers or Hudler.... would free up a descent amount of cash. What do you think?

Lang to Sharks for Mclaren?

Lang to Sharks for Hannan?

Lang to Blues for Jackman?

Lang to Phoenix for Mara?

I'd take any.

Lang to Boston for Boynton?

That would be sweet. Just make sure to re-sign Boynton before he hits the UFA market.

I was on XM SAT radio tonight talking about this very thing. The idea that the salary cap is going to go up next season might entice a small market team in taking him. The idea that we could free up that money and gain a descent guy would be awesome. Don't be suprised if the Caps take him back in return for Witt. This trade would benefit both teams. The Caps have the cap room, and Detroit needs a tough blue liner. Another option is to the Rangers. The only thing is, I would hate to get Poti in return. Tutyn would be the better return. I could see NY trying to put Lang-Jagr back together. I think Lang would return to his previous form. Good line... Jagr-Lang-Prucha. There is also an outside chance that Lang could be bait to obtain a high-end goalie. Legace is doing fine, but look at our history and goalies. Fischer's salary is gone, Lang's would be gone and the idea he may be packaged with a guy like Mowers or Hudler.... would free up a descent amount of cash. What do you think?

#1 XM Sat radio with hockey talk? I thought Sirius had the only NHL Rights? Was is just a sports talk station on XM? Cause it can't be an NHL talk Channel.

#2 Lang for Witt straight up? Your smoking dope buddy Witt is a UFA at the end of a season. I don't want to see us giving up a top 6 forward for a rental top 4 D man even if it is Witt. Add some draft picks from them like a 1st rnd or a 2nd and 3rd rnd picks with Witt that could work.

#3 " There is also an outside chance that Lang could be bait to obtain a high-end goalie." The only "High-end" goalie out there is Luongo. They don't need another center. So he is out of the question.

#1 XM Sat radio with hockey talk? I thought Sirius had the only NHL Rights? Was is just a sports talk station on XM? Cause it can't be an NHL talk Channel.

#2 Lang for Witt straight up? Your smoking dope buddy Witt is a UFA at the end of a season. I don't want to see us giving up a top 6 forward for a rental top 4 D man even if it is Witt. Add some draft picks from them like a 1st rnd or a 2nd and 3rd rnd picks with Witt that could work.

#3 " There is also an outside chance that Lang could be bait to obtain a high-end goalie." The only "High-end" goalie out there is Luongo. They don't need another center. So he is out of the question.

XM Radio 201-208 is all NHL and has a NHL talk channel

I'd take any.

rolleyes.gif Uh.....besides the jackman one all of those pretty much suck for the wings.

I'd take any.

rolleyes.gif Uh.....besides the jackman one all of those pretty much suck for the wings.

McLaren and Hannan are studs. They're both big, strong, punishing defencemen that Detroit could really use right now. I think I'd want San Jose to throw in a draft pick or minor leaguer, but I'd love to have one of those two on the Wings. The problem is, why would the Sharks take on another center? They already have Thornton, Marleau, and McCauley; it wouldn't make much sense.

I'd take any.

McLaren and Hannan are studs. They're both big, strong, punishing defencemen that Detroit could really use right now. I think I'd want San Jose to throw in a draft pick or minor leaguer, but I'd love to have one of those two on the Wings. The problem is, why would the Sharks take on another center? They already have Thornton, Marleau, and McCauley; it wouldn't make much sense.

How much cap room does SJ have have after getting Thornton?

IF we trade Lang, he should go to the Eastern Conference.

Lang is expendible for the following reasons

1) His salary

2) Abundance of centers on this team already

3) 35 yrs old

4) Can't play wing with any effectiveness

He's a good player, and face it, nowadays you have to be bold and trade good players to get good players. In the past, teams like Detroit could wait arond and pick off teams that needed to shed payroll, not anymore. Lang is very expendible.

Lang is expendible for the following reasons

4) Can't play wing with any effectiveness

He's had eight points in seven games while playing wing.

I know, people always point to his points. But his defense is awful and most of his points have come from passing it back to Lidstrom for a one-timer, something you or I can do. Most of the time, he apprears dis-interested and is not using his big frame to create turnovers. He's best at center, but this team is loaded there and even have younger guys who need to play there. He's older and his salary is such that can bring us a physical winger and defenseman. That's needed more than Lang right now

I know, people always point to his points. But his defense is awful and most of his points have come from passing it back to Lidstrom for a one-timer, something you or I can do. Most of the time, he apprears dis-interested and is not using his big frame to create turnovers. He's best at center, but this team is loaded there and even have younger guys who need to play there. He's older and his salary is such that can bring us a physical winger and defenseman. That's needed more than Lang right now

I duno dude, Lang hasnt gotten much worse at anything since last season and without him I doubt it we wouldve made it past the first round.

If we do trade him we must make sure to get equal value.