• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Covenant

Bykov?

Rate this topic

Rumor Central?

I work in a law firm. Tons and tons of rumors swirl around here, there is actually an NHL agent that works as an attorney here.. and I heard this just a few minutes ago.

Is Dmitri (sp?) Bykov coming back to the Wings?

Who knows? Maybe he grew and got mean since '03.

He is an Olympian for whatever that's worth. But I agree at first glance he is not the type of defensive help we need.

peace

Doesn't he have to clear waivers though?

Who knows?  Maybe he grew and got mean since '03.

He is an Olympian for whatever that's worth.  But I agree at first glance he is not the type of defensive help we need.

peace

Doesn't he have to clear waivers though?

He would.

EDIT - Actually, I don't think he can play in the NHL at all. He's an RFA that wasn't signed by Dec. 1st. Granted we didn't try, but there is that new rule that RFAs have to be signed by then or be barred from the league for the remainder of the season (to stop holdouts).

peace

Edited by norrisnick

From what I remember, I though Bykov played pretty responsible D. Not extremely physical though but if he is cheap enough and in the "NEW NHL" he might be a good fit. With the constant rash of "pulled groins" not a bad insurance policy. Thoughts??(I know it is all far fetched; but what the hell.)

I like Bykov. He played in Euro Hockey Tour for team Russia one game and had an assist.

Check out what he's been up to lately:

http://www.russianprospects.com/public/pro...hp?player_id=43

Russian players talent analysis (NHL + prospects etc):

http://www.russianprospects.com/public/pro...rofile_main.php

100= Rare Talent(Gretzky, Lemieux)

90= Potential Superstar

80= 1st line Forward/Top Defenseman/Top Goalie

70= 2nd line Forward/Top 3 Defenseman

60= 3rd line Forward/Top 5 Defenseman/Backup Goalie

50= 4th line Foward/6th/7th Defenseman

40= High-end Minor league Talent(Might get a shot...)

30= Minor League Role Player

20= Low-end Minor League Talent

10= Unlikely to make it out of junior/college

for him to make the olympic roster , that would mean hes actualy playing pretty good , and from what i remember in the short time he was here he played pretty well and had some promise

hopefully he'll come back in the 2006-2007 season

its gotta be an upgrade over rivers/lilja/lebda and next season chelios should be gone and god knows whats going on with fischer

jesus christ thank god he's a cast away NHLer, suprised he didn't end up at the land of forgotton hockey players... aka the St. Louis Blues. biggrin.gif

I watched his moves when Rosno Cup was played at the end of last year. Bykov made few mistakes but otherwise took many scary shots from the blueline (was overall a real threat on the blueline and I cannot recall how were his shots when he was in Detroit, but he does have a powerful shot right now and quite accurate, although his role isn't similar to Lidström, more like Fischer), made nice passes, seemed to be very very confident and coldblooded doing his job and threw his body around a little, seemed strong. Looked pretty good. I'd like him back, no question. I mean our current defensive situation cannot get much worse and we have some expendable blueliners to change for Bykov.

I mean our current defensive situation cannot get much worse

Yeah, having one of the leagues best defensive line-ups sure does suck.

What is the story with Bykov anyway? I liked him the first time around, then he just disappeared.

Yeah, having one of the leagues best defensive line-ups sure does suck.

What is the story with Bykov anyway? I liked him the first time around, then he just disappeared.

We have one great player, one good player, and then it gets sketchy with the 44 year old Cheli, Lilja, and the rest weren't even supposed to be playing for us.

His agent is Gary Greenstin. Gary doesn't seem too keen on keeping his players in NHL gigs. Sushinsky left the Wild due to "homesickness" and then there was that documented mess with Datsyuk during the summer. He likes to leverage RSL contracts against NHL teams. With Bykov he openly commented that if he doesn't get what he wants he'll just play over there for decent money then try again with the NHL when he's UFA, which will be this coming summer.

peace

Lilja has been pretty good for us, better than most teams' #4 defenseman.

Chelios doesn't play a lot of minutes and even still, he's been great on the PK.

With Kronwall coming back, I can't find many teams that have a better line-up.

Thanks for the info on Bykov. I do remember all the stories about Greenstin. That's a shame.

Lilja has been pretty good for us, better than most teams' #4 defenseman.

Chelios doesn't play a lot of minutes and even still, he's been great on the PK.

With Kronwall coming back, I can't find many teams that have a better line-up.

Thanks for the info on Bykov. I do remember all the stories about Greenstin. That's a shame.

As for Lilja I'd sure hope so considering he's our #3.

Cheli has been great, but his being 44 worries me that he'll break down before our season is over.

Kronwall is coming back as a surgically repaired rookie with 20 games of NHL experience. He's not going to be anywhere near 100% at any point this season. He'll still likely be our #3 but I am hesitant to put that much pressure on him coming back from surgery.

We need a big strong, preferably mean, body back there that can play 15-20+ HARD minutes a night. We need a player to take Fischer's spot.

Had we had Fischer and Kronwall healthy all year long, I'd stack our defense up against anyone else's. Without Fish and Kronwall coming back from ACL surgery, not so much.

peace

Bykov was way better than Erikkson.

Erikson is more along the lines of Ward (when he was with us) or Kuznetsov.

Speaking of crappy players we should never acquire again, whatever happened to Stacy "Stacy is a man's name, damnit" Roest?

No thanks on bringing Bykov back. The guy ran away from the NHL anyways.

He was okay, but yeah, a little better then Kuznetzov. I'm kinda glad he's gone.

Plus, like some people said, he can go to St. Louis if he wants to return to the NHL.

Bykov was way better than Erikkson.

Erikson is more along the lines of Ward (when he was with us) or Kuznetsov.

Speaking of crappy players we should never acquire again, whatever happened to Stacy "Stacy is a man's name, damnit" Roest?

Eriksson was a top four defenseman on a Cup-winning Wings team, and has been number one in a couple places. Bykov has never been a top four NHLer.

Roest has been one of the top players in the Swiss league, and in the 04-05 season he outplayed Joe Thornton and Rick Nash.