• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Lions sticking with Harrington

Rate this topic

He'll only be available if the Titans opt for a quarterback with their pick. Volek wants out of there regardless, but I don't think they make that move unless they take a QB with that first pick.

Vince Young would do great if drafted by the titans. McNair is very similar to the style of qb that young is. Plus McNair really only has 1-2 years left.

Latest mock showing the Lions drafting Cutler. I dont know that he will fall to Detroit.....or that the team wouldnt be best served by drafting another need.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5369094

9. Lions Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt

Joey Harrington has received support from new coaching staff, but Cutler is a potential franchise QB with a huge arm.

Well the Lions stuck with Millen - possibly the worst GM in NFL history. So why not Harrington? I like Joey but he won't ever take the Lions anywhere. Brees isn't good in the playoffs??? Harrington can't even get his team within sight of the playoffs....whatever, the Lions are just a sad story that never ends....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A86....=yhoo&type=lgns

This mock draft has the lions picking a safety. Cutler's stock is on the rise and it maybe hard for the titans to pass up the local kid. Question is if Vince Young is there for the Lions at 9th pick, do they pick him??

YES!

Riiight.

Is anyone else scratching their head on this one? Okay, he's a veteran, but totally unremarkable.

How can the Lions say he's the best option for a number two QB when he wasn't even playing in the NFL last season?

Curse you, Millen.

King's just another warm-body for camp. I doubt he'll make the team.

That said, Tom Lewand was on Stoney & Wojo during the rush hour drive this afternoon and said that he wouldn't rule out taking a QB in the draft. (He wasn't even ASKED that, he just added it on to the end in an awkward way.)

He seemed to also poo-poo the Brees speculation without actually naming him (tampering) when talking about why the club stated confidence in Harrington and that "the media talks more about restructuring than we do internally": when Stoney prompted the "isn't there someone better out there?" Lewand quipped back that "is the guy healthy?", etc., etc..

IMO, Huff's likely the guy available at No. 9 for the Lions, but if Hawk or by some miracle (Davis & Cutler move into the top eight) Williams is available, that's the move.

I *could* see the team taking Cutler, but I doubt it.

Hey, I heard that the Lions are gonna sign a kid from Walled Lake Middle School at QB. He and Joey are gonna duke it out with the others for the starting position.

/end snark

Edited by Muse

Its threads like this that make me cherish being a Steeler fan. Our biggest offseason concerns are finding a new WR/QB combo player to replace Randle El and getting a new safety to replace Hope. Everything else is pretty much a depth addition unless we are able to grab a DE to replace KVO.

Looks like they may get the CBA approved today in Dallas. That would raise the cap number another 10-11 million

Its threads like this that make me cherish being a Steeler fan. Our biggest offseason concerns are finding a new WR/QB combo player to replace Randle El and getting a new safety to replace Hope. Everything else is pretty much a depth addition unless we are able to grab a DE to replace KVO.

Looks like they may get the CBA approved today in Dallas. That would raise the cap number another 10-11 million

Shut up.... dry.gifbiggrin.gif

What if the Lions cant sign anyone even with Martz as our offensive coordinator? Is he good enough to make us better with the talent we have? I mean, I see an offense on the field that should be pretty good, at least against the weaker defenses, but they always look so damn inept.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

What if the Lions cant sign anyone even with Martz as our offensive coordinator? Is he good enough to make us better with the talent we have? I mean, I see an offense on the field that should be pretty good, at least against the weaker defenses, but they always look so damn inept.

Martz has already improved our offense by removing the WCO.

Harrington and co. are skilled players who were playing in a system that did not utilize their strengths.

Hopefully Martz is able to open that up ad use the guys we have in ways that will utilize their STRENGTHS instead of highlighting their weaknesses.

Anyone see Simeon Rice on NFL network a few days ago. He had nothing but praise for Marinelli. This isn't a word for word quote, but this is pretty close.....

"I still can't believe they took him away from us. Hes like the gang leader, and were about to get into a street fight, and I wouldn't dare going into the fight without him. I could go on and on about how much I love that guy, but let me just warn those Detroit Lions, you will be pushed to the brink of Hell, some probally won't survive, but hes doing it all for you, because he knows you can do it. He doesn't do it to show off to others, he wants you to know how hard of a worker you can be. He is the best in leauge at getting players metally ready for any battle. I'll love that guy forever. Like I said I could go all day on him."

I like how it sounds

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

all sorts of rumors flying around about our qb situation now. brees may be coming...or else kitna may be coming...the joey endorsements by the staff were a smoke screen...joey will be cut...joey won't be cut but he won't start...lewand was BS-ing Parker when he said he woudn't restructure joey's contract, cuz now they'll ask him to...joey will accept...joey won't accept and just get cut...

it's crazy...no one knows what's going on...

A smaaaaaal part of me wants to see what Joey can do without the WCO.  But the larrrrrrger part of me wants him to get the f out.

i'm just as concerned about or WR's and OL as i am with QB. if our OL and WR played like they did last year...i really don't see anyone, be it brees/kitna/harrington, having any success...our offense will be just as ineffective, except with a different system (ie non-westcoast)...

on the other hand, if we can get our OL and blocking schemes in order, and if we can get our WR's to not suck...then, fudge, anyone can succeed at qb. i mean...look at hasselbeck...he's merely above average talent...but he has a good line, solid WR's, and stud RB. most of the teams in the league have QB's that are merely above average to average talent...but most of them have more success running their offense because just about every single team is getting better play from their OL and WR and RB...and they got their run and pass blocking in better order than we do...

martz said in his interview when he first joined the team that OL is the heart of any offense. if they do their job, you'll have success...period. if they don't, you'll struggle...period. from the offensive genius himself...

Edited by johnogrodnickfanclub

Didn't Detroit pass on Ben Roethlisberger to draft another WR? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I dont know what it is but certain teams in sports never turn things around. Clippers, Cardinals (AZ), Lions, Brewers....the list goes on.

Detroit should be very competitive but they have made piss poor decisions with the Fords owning the team and they let a bad situation get worse by bringing in Millen. Your new head coach has received rave reviews and you have a mad scientist behind him who will have the offense in full speed.

I dont know what it is but certain teams in sports never turn things around. Clippers, Cardinals (AZ), Lions, Brewers....the list goes on.

Hey, the Clips are second in their division. Got some good talent there...and they had the worst GM in sports until Isiah Thomas decided to destroy something new.

True, but when does Donald Sterling decide he wants to pocket his profit on a good team and decide not to re-sign all his key guys. I hope they stay competitive. The Clippers have always been on the brink. I think they have a chance at being a good team with Elton Brand in there. Brand is a hell of a player