• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Lang for Zednik

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapshots/ind..._05.html#139905

Probably been discussed, let me go on record as saying I like this move. The Wings save money, they get a speedy winger for Datsyuk finally also. Everyone brings up how we'll lose out on Lang's size, true, but he doesn't really use it anyways. We can find a 3rd line center with size (Bell anyone?). Make the trade, maybe even throw in some prospects or picks and get Souray or Rivet..thoughts?

Yeah,why not. Doesn't sound bad at all. Especially the fact that we save money.

Lang is a good player,but i think we can trade him. His regular season wasn't that good but he can score in the playoffs. Some don't. But still we definitely need some changes and room for the cap. He'd be a great center for Kovalev though.

And while we're at it,get Komisarek too.

I would do that trade, that gives us more cap space while addressing the speed issue. The Wings were rumoured to be trying to get Komisarek near the deadline so maybe a couple more guys will be involved. I would personally like to get Rivet for the blueline.

One trade rumor making the rounds these days involves the Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens. The Wings, who are deep in natural centers but short on scoring wingers, would deal veteran Czech center Robert Lang to the Habs for Slovakian wing Richard Zednik. Montreal could use Lang as the second-line center alongside Alex Kovalev, since the two were great together in Pittsburgh several years ago. Detroit would also save a little in the salary department, which would help them combat the salary-cap crunch. This one makes sense.

*I tend to agree. Komisarek as well?

I think Zednik wasn't great this year. Good time for a change of scenery. He hits (also takes dumb penalties), and would be able to chip in 20 goals easy on the Wings.

Buddy in Ottawa says: (take that for what it's worth, he obviously hates the Habs)

Why that likely won't happen: Lang is exactly the type of player they hate in Montreal,

because he looks (is??) lazy, with all his skill. On the CWs side, trust me, you don't

want Zednik. In one word, a bum, no ifs. Both aging, slower types that everybody

will be trying to unload in the new-style game (can you spell Smolinski?)

Edited by Covenant

If we could work in Rivet, and sign Sarich i'd be very pleased with the D.Maybe they'll take Lilja ;) As for Zednik/Lang on its own, I'll take it for no other reason than getting rid of Lang's salary. But I think Holland has a love fest going with Lang, I doubt he'll wanna get rid of him.

*I like the idea. Komisarek as well?

I think Zednik wasn't great this year. Good time for a change of scenery. He hits (also takes dumb penalties), and would be able to chip in 20 goals easy on the Wings.

Buddy in Ottawa says: (take that for what it's worth, he obviously hates the Habs)

Why that likely won't happen: Lang is exactly the type of player they hate in Montreal, because he looks (is??) lazy, with all his skill. On the CWs side, trust me, you don't want Zednik. In one word, a bum, no ifs. Both aging, slower types that everybody will be trying to unload in the new-style game (can you spell Smolinski?)

Guest MrSandMan

Lang for Zednik, Rumour from MLIVE

Wow! best news I heard all day... It's better than a bag a pucks, Hollnad should be jumping on this, now!

I think the best this kind of move would accomplish would be freeing-up cap space and room for a position at center. I dunno... If the wings trade Lang, I'd at least like to see someone who is more aggressive than Zednik. Besides, I think a lot of people will retract the Lang-bashing when the wings are finally able to push deep into the playoffs; he's the kind of player who tends to come in handy as the play gets grittier and the defensemen get tougher.

Of course, any trade rumor that circles around before June has is about as likely to happen as, well, the wings winning the cup this year.

I really like this idea. Is it just me, or does this sound too good to be true?

Anyway, Lang is 35 to Zednik's 30. Both can produce about the same offensivily in a season. We need to get more wingers and less centers. We would save, what, almost $2 million in salary?

I just don't see how we could say no to this. I also can't see how Montreal can say yes to it either.

I really like this idea. Is it just me, or does this sound too good to be true?

Anyway, Lang is 35 to Zednik's 30. Both can produce about the same offensivily in a season. We need to get more wingers and less centers. We would save, what, almost $2 million in salary?

I just don't see how we could say no to this. I also can't see how Montreal can say yes to it either.

Lang's better than Zednik offensively, at least stat wise.

Lang's better than Zednik offensively, at least stat wise.

Yes, but we have to concentrate our future right now.

Filppula replaces Lang and we get solid winger in Zednik.

As salaries, Filppula would save about 0.5 million comparing to retiring Yzerman's salary and Lang would save 2.0 comparing to Zednik. That would be 2.5 for free cap space plus the very probable cap rising (43million). We could have over six million free to play with after those moves.

Yes, but we have to concentrate our future right now.

Filppula replaces Lang and we get solid winger in Zednik.

As salaries, Filppula would save about 0.5 million comparing to retiring Yzerman's salary and Lang would save 2.0 comparing to Zednik. That would be 2.5 for free cap space plus the very probable cap rising (43million). We could have over six million free to play with after those moves.

I understand the reason for trading him, I was just responding to rage's post.

depending on if Yzerman retires or not. If Yzerman doesn't retire, it's a tough call. Lang and Yzerman have such great chemistry. If Yzerman retires, I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

I dunno I don't like this trade at all. I doubt it will happen anyways, but I'd trade someone other than Lang for Zednik. He's about as streaky as Samulsson if not worse. Yeah... I'd pass on this one

Guest Habsfan

*I like the idea. Komisarek as well?

Hey Wings fans, Habs fan here not to start anything just here to talk hockey, especially about this trade idea. Zednik has always been one of my favorite players, but has always underachieved. I would hate to see him go, he had a crappy year, but shows flashes of brilliance every now and then. He is great along on boards but this year took some bad penalties. He still hasn't hit his potential but a change might just be what he needs. Gaineys defense minded style hurts his ability. That being said I noticed Komisarek's name being thrown around, I would be surprised to see him leave Montreal. our D is weak, he is one of our only prospects left. We have a decent blue line when healthy but as we learned this year if we need a fill in it's hard to find, plus Rivet and Bullion are not under contract so we probably won't include a Dman. Now after all that I wanted to get your input on Lang, I know he can be good, his age worries me, Kovalev being our oldest player at 32. Number wise Lang is better but in a all around hockey matter how is this guy, strong with the puck,good in the dressing room and could he handle the insane media in Montreal? Anyways any replies would be greatly appreciated, good luck next year Wings/Habs final would be great to see especially for me living in London 2hrs down the road. :thumbup:

Cheers

We should trade Lang to someone like Columbus, the jackets NEED a center BAD, I'm sure they'd give us some good picks for him....maybe we could trade Lang and our first, and fourth, for their first.

Edited by Bluedevils_13

I was lookin through some trade rumor websites and came upon this

WAYMORESPORTS.COM: recently reported a rumour that would have the Detroit Red Wings, deep on centres but short on scoring wingers, deal Robert Lang to the Montreal Canadiens for Richard Zednik.

Spector's Note: Hat tip to "Lenny". Habs fans might be happy with this deal but I doubt very much Wings fans would. "Zeddy" is a streaky scorer who can disappear for long periods of time."

(http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/default.html)

What do you think?