• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Shanahan seeking a 2-yr deal at $5M/season

Rate this topic

Are we seriously the only team in the league that hasn't made some kind of outside-the-organization move? Even the Penguins, Islanders, Bruins... Has Dallas done anything yet? They're the only team that comes to mind now.

*edited for spelling*

Anaheim Ducks - Acquired defenseman Chris Pronger from the Edmonton Oilers for right wing Joffrey Lupul, defenseman Ladislav Smid, a 2007 first-round pick, a 2008 second-round pick and a conditional first-round pick.

Atlanta Thrashers - Acquired a conditional third-round pick in either 2006 or 2007 from the Minnesota Wild for defenseman Petteri Nummelin; acquired a 2007 fourth-round pick from the Vancouver Canucks for right wing Tommi Santala and a 2007 fifth-round pick; acquired center Niko Kapanen and a 2006 seventh-round pick from the Dallas Stars for center Patrik Stefan and defenseman Jaroslav Modry; agreed to terms with goaltender Johan Hedberg, who had been with the Dallas Stars, on a two-year contract; signed center Steve Rucchin, who had been with the New York Rangers; signed center Glen Metropolit, who had been with the Ottawa Senators; signed goaltender Fred Brathwaite, who had been in Russia; signed center Jason Krog, who had been in Sweden; signed right wing Darren Haydar, who had been with the Nashville Predators.

ADVERTISEMENT

Boston Bruins - Acquired right wing Petr Tenkrat from the Toronto Maple Leafs for a 2006 seventh-round pick; acquired goaltender Tuukka Rask from the Toront Maple Leafs for goaltender Andrew Raycroft; acquired defenseman Paul Mara and a conditional third-round pick in either 2007 or 2008 from the Phoenix Coyotes for defenseman Nick Boynton and a 2007 fourth-round pick; signed defenseman Zdeno Chara, who had been with the Ottawa Senators, to a five-year contract; signed center Marc Savard, who had been with the Atlanta Thrashers, to a four-year contract.

Buffalo Sabres - None.

Calgary Flames - Acquired left wing Alex Tanguay from the Colorado Avalanche for defenseman Jordan Leopold, a 2006 second-round pick and a conditional second-round pick in either 2007 or 2008; signed defenseman Andrei Zyuzin, who had been with the Minnesota Wild.

Carolina Hurricanes - Signed goaltender John Grahame, who had been with the Tampa Bay Lightning, to a two-year contract.

Chicago Blackhawks - Acquired a 2008 sixth-round pick from the Florida Panthers for goaltender Craig Anderson; signed goaltender Patrick Lalime, who had been with the St. Louis Blues, to a one-year contract.

Colorado Avalanche - Acquired defenseman Michael Vernace from the San Jose Sharks for a conditional sixth-round pick in either 2006 or 2007; acquired defenseman Jordan Leopold, a 2006 second-round pick and a conditional second-round pick in either 2007 or 2008 from the Calgary Flames for left wing Alex Tanguay; signed center Tyler Arnason, who had been with the Ottawa Senators, to a one-year contract.

Columbus Blue Jackets - Acquired left wing Fredrik Modin and goaltender Fredrik Norrena from the Tampa Bay Lightning for goaltender Marc Denis; signed defenseman Anders Eriksson, who had been in Russia, to a one-year contract; signed center Alexander Svitov, who had been in Russia, to a one-year contract.

Dallas Stars - Acquired center Mike Green from the New York Rangers for a 2008 conditional pick; acquired center Patrik Stefan and defenseman Jaroslav Modry from the Atlanta Thrashers for center Niko Kapanen and a 2006 seventh-round pick; acquired defenseman Darryl Sydor from the Tampa Bay Lightning for a 2008 fourth-round pick; signed right wing Matthew Barnaby, who had been with the Chicago Blackhawks, to a one-year contract; signed center Jeff Halpern, who had been with the Washington Capitals, to a four-year contract.

Detroit Red Wings - None.

Edmonton Oilers - Acquired right wing Joffrey Lupul, defenseman Ladislav Smid, a 2007 first-round pick, a 2008 second-round pick and a conditional first-round pick from the Anaheim Ducks for defenseman Chris Pronger; agreed to terms with center Marty Reasoner, who had been with the Boston Bruins, on a two-year contract.

Florida Panthers - Acquired right wing Todd Bertuzzi, defenseman Bryan Allen and goaltender Alex Auld from the Vancouver Canucks for goaltender Roberto Luongo, defenseman Lukas Krajicek and a 2006 sixth-round pick; acquired goaltender Craig Anderson from the Chicago Blackhawks for a 2008 sixth-round pick; agreed to terms with defenseman Ruslan Salei, who had been with the Anaheim Ducks, on a four-year contract.

Los Angeles Kings - Acquired center Patrick O'Sullivan and a 2006 first-round pick from the Minnesota Wild for center Pavol Demitra; agreed to terms with defenseman Rob Blake, who had been with the Colorado Avalanche, on a two-year contract; agreed to terms with left wing Scott Thornton, who had been with the San Jose Sharks, on a two-year contract; agreed to terms with center Alyn McCauley, who had been with the San Jose Sharks, on a three-year contract; agreed to terms with right wing Brian Willsie, who had been with the Washington Capitals, on a two-year contract.

Minnesota Wild - Signed defenseman Peter Ratchuk, who had been in Germany, to a one-year contract; acquired defenseman Petteri Nummelin from the Atlanta Thrashers for a conditional third-round pick in either 2006 or 2007; acquired center Pavol Demitra from the Los Angeles Kings for center Patrick O'Sullivan and a 2006 first-round pick; signed defenseman Keith Carney, who had been with the Vancouver Canucks, to a multi-year contract; signed right wing Mark Parrish, who had been with the Los Angeles Kings, to a multi-year contract; signed defenseman Kim Johnsson, who had been with the Philadelphia Flyers, to a multi-year contract.

Montreal Canadiens - None.

Nashville Predators - Signed center Jason Arnott, who had been with the Dallas Stars, to a five-year contract.

New Jersey Devils - None.

New York Islanders - Signed center Mike Sillinger, who had been with the Nashville Predators, to a three-year contract; signed defenseman Brendan Witt, who had been with the Nashville Predators, to a three-year contract; agreed to terms with center Andy Hilbert, who had been with the Pittsburgh Penguins, on a one-year contract.

New York Rangers - Acquired a 2008 conditional pick from the Dallas Stars for center Mike Green; signed center Matt Cullen, who had been with the Carolina Hurricanes; signed defenseman Karel Rachunek, who had been in Russia; signed goaltender Stephen Valiquette, who had been in Russia; agreed to terms with defenseman Aaron Ward, who had been with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Ottawa Senators - Signed goaltender Martin Gerber, who had been with the Carolina Hurricanes, to a multi-year contract; signed defenseman Joe Corvo, who had been with the Los Angeles Kings, to a multi-year contract.

Philadelphia Flyers - Signed center Marty Murray, who had been in Germany, to a one-year contract; signed right wing Brad Tapper, who had been in Germany, to a one-year contract; signed defenseman Nolan Baumgartner, who had been with the Vancouver Canucks, to a two-year contract; signed defenseman Lars Jonsson, who had been in Sweden, to a one-year contract; agreed to terms with center Randy Robitaille, who had been with the Minnesota Wild, on a one-year contract.

Phoenix Coyotes - Acquired defenseman Nick Boynton and a 2007 fourth-round pick from the Boston Bruins for defenseman Paul Mara and a conditional third-round pick in either 2007 or 2008; signed defenseman Ed Jovanovski, who had been with the Vancouver Canucks, to a five-year contract; signed goaltender Mike Morrison, who had been with the Ottawa Senators, to a one-year contract; signed center Jeremy Roenick, who had been with the Los Angeles Kings, to a one-year contract.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Signed defenseman Micki DuPont, who had been in Germany; signed defenseman Mark Eaton, who had been with the Nashville Predators, to a two-year contract; signed right wing Jarkko Ruutu, who had been with the Vancouver Canucks.

St. Louis Blues - Signed defenseman Jay McKee, who had been with the Buffalo Sabres, to a multi-year contract; signed center Doug Weight, who had been with the Carolina Hurricanes, to a multi-year contract; signed right wing Dan Hinote, who had been with the Colorado Avalanche, to a multi-year contract; signed right wing Bill Guerin, who had been with the Dallas Stars, to a one-year contract.

San Jose Sharks - Acquired a conditional sixth-round pick in either 2006 or 2007 from the Colorado Avalanche for defenseman Michael Vernace; signed right wing Mike Grier, who had been with the Buffalo Sabres; signed center Curtis Brown, who had been with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Tampa Bay Lightning - Signed goaltender Johan Holmqvist, who had been in Sweden, to a one-year contract; signed center Eric Perrin, who had been in Switzerland, to a one-year contract; acquired goaltender Marc Denis from the Columbus Blue Jackets for left wing Fredrik Modin and goaltender Fredrik Norrena; signed defenseman Andy Delmore, who had been with the Columbus Blue Jackets, to a one-year contract; signed left wing Nikita Alexeev, who had been in Russia, to a one-year contract; signed center Andreas Karlsson, who had been in Sweden, to a one-year contract; signed defenseman Filip Kuba, who had been with the Minnesota Wild, to a three-year contract; acquired a 2008 fourth-round pick from the Dallas Stars for defenseman Darryl Sydor.

Toronto Maple Leafs - Acquired a 2006 seventh-round pick from the Boston Bruins for right wing Petr Tenkrat; acquired goaltender Andrew Raycroft from the Boston Bruins for goaltender Tuukka Rask; signed defenseman Pavel Kubina, who had been with the Tampa Bay Lightning, to a four-year contract; signed defenseman Hal Gill, who had been with the Boston Bruins, to a three-year contract.

Vancouver Canucks - Acquired right wing Tommi Santala and a 2007 fifth-round pick from the Atlanta Thrashers for a 2007 fourth-round pick; signed center Brandon Reid, who had been in Switzerland; signed center Brad Moran, who had been in Switzerland; acquired goaltender Roberto Luongo, defenseman Lukas Krajicek and a 2006 sixth-round pick from the Florida Panthers for right wing Todd Bertuzzi, defenseman Bryan Allen and goaltender Alex Auld; signed defenseman Willie Mitchell, who had been with the Dallas Stars, to a four-year contract.

Washington Capitals - Signed defenseman Brian Pothier, who had been with the Ottawa Senators, to a four-year contract.

We can mark the Sabres off that list with Spacek going to Buffalo. That leaves the Wings, Habs, and Devils.

The Devils are going to have to do something eventually considering their cap problems.

The Habs almost have an excuse; players don't want to go there because of the tax situation in Montreal (they'd be taxed nearly 50% of their salary).

And then there was one...

The Habs almost have an excuse; players don't want to go there because of the tax situation in Montreal (they'd be taxed nearly 50% of their salary).

Wow, I didnt realize that.

Does the is the cap $44 million in Canadian dollars as well? I've always wondered how that worked. Are contracts signed in US figures or Canadian figures?

Edited by ARice89

Witt, Sillinger, and Hilbert.

Eaton and Ruutu.

Denis.

Grahame.

Raycroft, Kubina, and Gill.

Rucchin and Kapanen.

:blink:

Demitra, Carney, Jonsson, and Parrish.

Grier and Brown.

Baumgartner and Robitaille.

So, if you dont want to count re-signing your own free agents, the only teams (besides us) that have done nothing are Montreal, New Jersey, and Columbus.

Thanks for schooling me... everyone needs to taken down a few notches now and then. :withstupid:

Looks like theyre just going to have to trade for their players. I heard they think Lang would look nice on their roster....

....and Im thinking Komisarek would look damn good on ours, but Id settle for Souray + Zednik for Lang + picks.

whats with the change in the topic ??? shanahan was now offered 8 million for 2 yrs instead of 4 for 1 year ???

wow this keeps getting worse , screw brendan man we got datsyuk and holmstrom to resign next season so we need the cash , and we need it for upcoming potential free agents

When did we get John Ferguson Jr as the GM of the wings? And is Ilitch actually going to sign these checks? I can live without seeing Shanahan in a wings uniform if its going to cost 4 mill and what is it going to cost for a broken down goalie that apperently the wings wanna sign??? :scared:

I don't see how it's possible for Boston to offer Shanny as much as $5.1M; if memory serves me correctly, that would either put them above the cap or dangerously close to it.

As I've said before, he's been my favorite player since joining the Wings, but there's no way he's worth any more than $2M right now. He's just thinking about the money now and that's disappointing to me.

I don't see how it's possible for Boston to offer Shanny as much as $5.1M; if memory serves me correctly, that would either put them above the cap or dangerously close to it.

As I've said before, he's been my favorite player since joining the Wings, but there's no way he's worth any more than $2M right now. He's just thinking about the money now and that's disappointing to me.

Man , im feeling the same thing , he shouldnt be all about the money , why cant he just take a 2 yr 3.8 million deal or sumting like that & not blow our cap with a ONE.yr 4mil contract :thumbdown::thumbdown:

It'd be great if Shanny could give the Wings a decision by today so Holland will know what the heck to do with the roster.

I WANT Shanny to stay but NOT at 4 million. He should just take 2 and let Kenny work on the rest of the team and add some size/strentgh up front and on the blue line.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

HORRIBLE...Shanny doesnt deserve 4 million dollars, I would force myself to be glad about 3 million...

I think that it is time to let go of some of these guys...

Holland said theree would be considerable changes after we aere eliminated...I DONT SEE ANY...We Lose Stevie, Overpay Shanny, and possibly bring in BELFOUR...whose back has been bad for years...

Signing Shanny for 4 million dollars is a HUGE waste of money for a guy who sucked in the playoffs...especially on a 2 year deal...

From Eklund RE: Shanny:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2310

Shanahan, Umberger, Cloutier, and the Wings, McLennan to Calgary

Today @ 10:41 AM ET | Comments (4)

Look for Montreal to jump into the Brendan Shanahan sweeps today....He is reportedly asking around 5.2 per, and that is getting tough for Boston given their current position....A day after RJ Umberger filed for Arbitration the Flyers have signed the talented center. I like this move, RJ is a star in the making and may surpass Carter and Richards in points this year...not the boldest of statements, but you heard it here...In goalie news....The Kings pick up of Cloutier could turn out to be a better deal than people expect. I like the move for both teams. Dan may surprise some people...I hope he does, because he is a great guy who needed a change...goalies have been known to go for change. Word on the street from three sources, is that IF the wings re-sign Shanahan, look for them to trade for Giguere. Apparently, there is a deal to be made, but it would require a forward from the Wings that depth-wise they can not lose unless Brendan were to return.

Edited by YzermanZetterberg

what the ........ okay... hollands officially on crack. he wants to double shannys salary for being a ghost in the playoffs, then go sign a goaltender that i have as much faith in as hasek right now, whats next?? i have never been this flabbergasted by a wings off season, none of this makes sense.. its like holland WANTS the wings to be screwed. jesus, this is just plain ridiculous

Ottawa Sun

However, Havlat, along with wingers Chris Neil, Antoine Vermette, Peter Schaefer and centre Chris Kelly have decided to go to the NHL's Kangaroo Court.

While GM John Muckler will negotiate with Vermette, Schaefer, Neil and Kelly, sources say talks continue to try to move Havlat to a Western Conference team.

It's believed the San Jose Sharks, New York Rangers, Dallas Stars and Chicago Blackhawks are among the teams trying to work out a deal with Muckler.

Sorry Ottawa, we'd love to help but we'd rather give our $4M to Shanahan.

The biggest problem I have with trading for Havlat is that he has already said he wants to be a UFA next year. That's part of why Ottawa wants to deal him and not the others. Plus, who do the Red Wings have to offer...Datsyuk, Lang, or Schneider in a package with Maltby/Hudler, etc.? Didn't Ottawa already turn down a better offer from somebody? (Or did the other team turn it down because Havlat wants to be a one-year rental?)

Ottawa wants to deal Havlat because they have no money.

I'd do Datsyuk for Havlat straight up. Even if Havlat only signs for a year, the Wings are in the same boat as they would be with Datsyuk next off-season. Maybe Havlat likes playing with the Wings, decides to sign long term. Got youth, speed, skill, hands, moves, style, versatility, and all of that pizzazz. Oh, got playoff points, too.

Or if Datsyuk is too expensive, say Lebda and Willy. The Sens want depth at center.

I'd do Datsyuk for Havlat straight up.

Why would the Sens do that though? He's pretty expensive at $3.9 million and hes going to be a UFA after this season too.