• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Shanahan seeking a 2-yr deal at $5M/season

Rate this topic

Why would the Sens do that though? He's pretty expensive at $3.9 million and hes going to be a UFA after this season too.

Yeah... but maybe next season they can pay him more, and he can be their second line center behind Spezza. They have big boys he can play on the same line with. Or something. That's why I said I would do it ;)

Anyway, Hockey Trade Rumours claims Shanahan will be a Bruin today or tomorrow with a 2-year deal worth $9.8M. Nothing found about this rumour elsewhere, nothing noted on The Boston Herald website where the person claims to have gotten it from.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Williams + picks for Havlat. Shanny can go.

You must mean Williams + a 1st round pick and that probably isn't going to get it done.

Ottawa would take the 1st rounder before they'd want Williams is my guess. They have enough guys like Williams already and actually, Havlat plays like Williams only he's 10 times better so why bother if you are Ottawa.

The only thiing going in a trade is that they could lose Havlat for nothing so maybe they'll deal. From what i've heard, Havlat is looking for the pot of gold and the idea of Havlat + Datsyuk sounds awesome on paper but come contract time.................ugggghhhhhh!

PS: Can we please stop throwing Jason Williams into the mix for a trade. NOBODY WANTS THIS GUY! Seriously, they don't. I know, I personally called all 30 GM's and even Ken Holland said he didn't want him but was forced to honor the contract becuase of what he referred to as "silly, lawyer, poopy-kaaka".

Yeah... but maybe next season they can pay him more, and he can be their second line center behind Spezza. They have big boys he can play on the same line with. Or something. That's why I said I would do it ;)

Anyway, Hockey Trade Rumours claims Shanahan will be a Bruin today or tomorrow with a 2-year deal worth $9.8M. Nothing found about this rumour elsewhere, nothing noted on The Boston Herald website where the person claims to have gotten it from.

I read that too...Thats crazy money. See ya Shanny.

I also read on spectors that his agent says he wont make a decision until this weekend at the earliest...I say screw him, sign someone else, and make his mind up for him.

Maz on WXYT says they are chasing a story, and that Shanny may be signing a contract with Detroit at this very moment.

Somehow this info would be coming out of Montreal...how this info would surface in Montreal first, I have no idea.

According to 1270 Radio Detroit, Shanahan is going to sign with Detroit. (via a Montreal rumor)

(merged by moderators)

Edited by tubaguy

Not sure how I feel about that... If he has a great season again AND shows up in the playoffs I might think the 4mil was worth it... maybe.

According to 1270 Radio Detroit, Shanahan is going to sign with Detroit. (via a Montreal rumor)

(merged by moderators)

So this is just a rumor out of Montreal? Pffffffffft.

Dude, when you posted that as its own thread (before you edited it to add "via a Montreal rumor"), it sounded like it was a confimed deal you heard on the radio. Please be more careful and clear, K?

(I still think he'll sign here, especially if there is any truth to the rumor of a $4 mil offer from Kenny).

FWIW...

Matt Darry, WDFN, just got off the phone with Rick Curran. He stated the rumors that the Wings and Shanahan have reached an agreement are "absolutely eroneous". Curran did say that they were still in talks though.

Edited by wingsfan75

So this is just a rumor out of Montreal? Pffffffffft.

Dude, when you posted that as its own thread (before you edited it to add "via a Montreal rumor"), it sounded like it was a confimed deal you heard on the radio. Please be more careful and clear, K?

(I still think he'll sign here, especially if there is any truth to the rumor of a $4 mil offer from Kenny).

Excuse me, I shouldn't have typed rumor. I should have said that the source was out of Montreal as reported on 1270.

FWIW...

Matt Darry, WDFN, just got off the phone with Rick Curran. He stated the rumors that the Wings and Shanahan have reached an agreement are "absolutely eroneous". Curran did say that they were still in talks though.

Ha....There is a lot of posturing going on right now.

FWIW...

What does "eroneous" mean ??

Ha....There is a lot of posturing going on right now.

Yep. A lot of posturing and a lot of wild rumors.

I'll be interesting to see what really happens. My guess is that he stays here for one season $4 mil or less. They might even give him the "C" to get him to stay. Heh.

(p.s. there is no truth to that - it is just my guess. Next thing I know, Eklund will use it as justification to claim that someone close to Shanahan has said he's been named Captain of the Wings, and that he pushed Stevie out the door to retire! LOL)