• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakChamber

2006 World Series: Tigers & Cardinals

Rate this topic

and Monroe unable to come up with the ball which led to the game winning run.

Monroe had no chance on that hit...he played the angle perfectly and even diving only got the tip of his glove on it...if his glove were an inch longer, he catches the ball.

It also didn't help that the anything above the waist was being called a ball. Half of Zumaya's 'balls' were high strikes.

I apologize, but I've sold them up the river at this point. One thing is certain, with a rotation of Verlander, Maroth. Bonderman, and Robertson, plus Rodney/Miner/Zumaya for the upcoming years...they'll be back. All I can ask this year is: just get to the Roaster.

I really think that Kenny Rogers needs to be pitching tonight. I know he'll get heckled to death in St. Louis, and I know that Leyland wants to save him for Detroit. But right now they need to worry about getting back to Detroit.

What a frustrating game to watch last night. Just when I thought the Tigers had finally got their bats going, s*** happens.

Think of all the pitchers we have under the age of 27 though. Other than Jones and Rogers, our young arms are experiencing their first taste of Post Season Play.

But they shouldn't be flinging the ball into the seats! I can understand jitters that cause wildness on the mound, but there's just no excuse for the errors.

Well that was a heartbreaker last night :(. It's not over til it's over, but the magic in the Tigers has disappeared. A combination of bad luck, errors, and freak occurances seems to be plagueing them. I haven't enjoyed baseball this much in 20 years, so for that I am thankful to the Tigers not matter what. Robertson and Bonderman pitched well enough to win both those games, but the Tigers don't have any solutions with the bats. Here's hoping we can at least bring it back to Detroit - they will need their A game and some long lost luck - but I belive it can happen!

Monroe had no chance on that hit...he played the angle perfectly and even diving only got the tip of his glove on it...if his glove were an inch longer, he catches the ball.

It also didn't help that the anything above the waist was being called a ball. Half of Zumaya's 'balls' were high strikes.

Oh definately - it was no doubt a tough play. Monroe gave it his all to get that - I'll give him that. People say he should of caught it - but it's easier said than done.

I noticed that too - that Umpire had a very unique strike zone - but it effected both teams really. Odd nonetheless.

I'm keeping the faith too, just like when any of my favorite teams are on the brink of elimination. Hell any Tiger fan would of loved to be down 3-1 in the World Series prior to the season starting. Even if the Tigers do lose, I can't complain - it's been one heck of a ride. :clap:

Disagree on both counts. That was far from a perfect angle, and in fact, reminded me of how i misplay every fly ball in softball! It wasnt a huge misplay by any means, but it wasnt the right angle. I didnt see any shoddy calls for Zumaya either.

My biggest issue with the Monroe non-catch was why they had him playing so damn shallow, considering the at bat prior Eckstein had just hit one pretty deep to center. I was like "what the f***!!!" when i seen how in he was, i figured the ball would be caught when he hit it. I still have hope by the way! If they win tonight, theyll take the next 2.

You know what the worst part is? I was thinking while Eckstein was batting that I wanted to walk him.

I was thinking the same thing at the time as well.

I should add that I no longer want to walk Eckstein. I want Verlander to crack his kneecap with a well-placed fastball. Either that or I want him to dislocate his shoulder when he goes through his uber-caffeinated motions at the plate.

I like how all of a sudden there's revisionist history going on with Jim Northrup's Game 7 triple in 1968. Everyone's comparing it to the Granderson play, because Curt Flood "slipped" as he went back to catch it. Bull. Flood only slipped because he realized all too late he'd horribly miscalculated and tried to change direction. It was more like the Monroe play than the Granderson play. Both Monroe and Flood initially misjudged how hard the ball was hit and took a sideways path rather than running backwards as they should have.

Speaking of 1968, Game 5 saw the Cardinals jump out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning off Mickey Lolich, and all seemed lost, but in the next 26 innings of play, the Cardinals would push just two more runs across. All is not lost. Of course, we don't have an ironman like Lolich who can pitch and win three complete games in seven.

Maltby and Draper GUARANTEE a wing for the Tigers today. Malts says it's it's not a guaran-sheed but a guaran-maltby! AHAHAHA

Gotta love the Wings!!

LETS GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

not sure what guaranteeing a "wing" for the tigers tonight means. Buffalo Wings? Mmmmmm...

Anyway, love the faith. I still havent given up on the Tigers. Yes, last night's loss hurt but we still are 1 win away from bringing this series back to Detroit and anything can happen here. GO GET'EM TIGERS!!

THANK YOU TIGERS!

Thank you for an incredible season reaching expectations that I would have ever imagined back in March/April. Don't hang your head down Tigers fans. I know we haven't seen the last of this team. Like the wings in 95, it took some eye opening to get them champions. Tigers will be champions soon enough. See you in 2007 Tigers.

:crybaby:

This is heart breaking.

But with that I'd like to say to the Tigers THANK YOU for such a great season and ESPECIALLY an amazing post season. Each and every one of you were GREAT. I had the time of my life rooting for you guys and this is just the beginning! :clap: