• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

SFE: Wings looking at 'star player' by deadline

Rate this topic

No thanks to Roberts. Great player, but he's 40 and to injury prone. :thumbdown:

The more I think of Lapointe in Detroit again, the more I like it. I take back my comments from a few days ago about being annoyed with Holland for bringing back players from our 1997, 1998, and 2002 teams.

We've talked about adding Tucker if possible. I'd rather have Lapointe than Tucker. Marty's only 1.5 years older than Darcy, and eventhough they're about the same height, the thing I like best is that Lapointe weighs about 40lbs more. Tucker I think would be to much of a target, where as Lapointe can strike a little more fear in opponets. Plus it would take more in a trade to get Darcy, Lapointe maybe fairly easy to trade for.

So long story short, I'm saying "Bring back Lapointe!!" :hehe:

The Red Wings never had to develop players within their own system before the salary cap. The deep pockets of the organization said they could just "buy" whoever they wanted in the open market, regardless of the cost. Which means trading away prospects is not "ideal;"

:huh: Our 1997 and 1998 Cup teams were loaded with players we developed in the system. 2002 as well with Fischer and Datsyuk. The key to our success since the late 1980's has been our drafting and development.

The team you're talking about is more like the Maple Leafs.

Two guys with reasonable long term contracts for guys without?

Depends, Langs not under contract, and I thought Torres was. The cap going up, plus the 2 mil there already under, would almost cover signing Smyth. Let alone, the money saved from shipping one of Lebda or Kronner out. I'd perfer Kronner cause him alone would get you Smyth, and at least a pick. If they'd take Williams with Kronner straight up for Smyth and Torres I'd do it in a heart beat. I don't really get into the money stuff to much, just want the team to have the best shot at winning THIS year. There will be pleanty of cap room next year for some upgrades. Gotta give the other team a reason to make a deal, there not going to take Williams and Lilja as everyone would love to see.

I wish we could make a trade with Florida and get Horton... now that would be top knotch in my book. Williams/Hudler for Horton and a pick

Sorry my sarcasm detector isnt working today, so im not sure if youre serious...but if you are thats insane! Williams/Hudler isnt even in the same atmosphere as Horton. I'd bet Florida wouldnt even trade Horton for Zetterberg.

Here's another name that I thought of earlier, but forgot all about until Spector brought it up; Marco Sturm. He's struggling pretty badly on the Bruins, but he's got great wheels and would definitely address Detroit's speed issues while adding some scoring punch up front. He's a UFA next season.

Sorry my sarcasm detector isnt working today, so im not sure if youre serious...but if you are thats insane! Williams/Hudler isnt even in the same atmosphere as Horton. I'd bet Florida wouldnt even trade Horton for Zetterberg.

Yes they would. They'd be completely retarded not to.

Come again? Not dealing Horton for Zetterberg can hardly be considered retarded. Horton is 5 years younger than Zetterberg. He's bigger and has produced similar numbers as Zetterberg this season.

Come again? Not dealing Horton for Zetterberg can hardly be considered retarded. Horton is 5 years younger than Zetterberg. He's bigger and has produced similar numbers as Zetterberg this season.

It's not even about that, Horton is a compliment player, where Zetterberg is a player you could conceivably build your team around. Zetterberg would be helping the Panthers a lot more than Horton is right now.

I know you like Horton because he plays a more physical game than Zetterberg, but Zetterberg is and will be the superior player.

It's not even about that, Horton is a compliment player, where Zetterberg is a player you could conceivably build your team around. Zetterberg would be helping the Panthers a lot more than Horton is right now.

I know you like Horton because he plays a more physical game than Zetterberg, but Zetterberg is and will be the superior player.

It's not even about that. Horton has the potential to become what Zetterberg is and more given his physical attributes.

It's not even about that. Horton has the potential to become what Zetterberg is and more given his physical attributes.

I highly doubt that, he hasn't devolped the defensive game that well at all. Being physical doesn't makeup for defensive lapses.

I highly doubt that, he hasn't devolped the defensive game that well at all. Being physical doesn't makeup for defensive lapses.

The league is full of one way players. Some are even considered franchise players. Horton may not live up to this, but he certainly has the potential to become an impact player like Zetterberg.

The Isles currently sit in the 10th spot. If they fall further out of contention points wise, the Red Wings should target Jason Blake.

If he can last that long. Hey, I like the guy too, love the way he tries to line people up. But he's shown absolutly nothing to support the #1 Dman theory, nor the health for it, nor his contract extension. Edmonton is hungry for a puck moving Dman, and both Kronner and Lebda are that. People ***** that Holland has no balls when it comes to making a "big" trade. Well here it is. Are D is very strong, and Smyth and Torres would be perfect for this team. You gotta give to get, and you gotta give teams what there looking for. Lang and Kronner would be perfect for them. Besides that you gotta come stronger than other teams, which is what the Wings never do. However, I wouldn't put Lang and Kronner together, it'd be one or the other, with either Lebda with Lang, or Hudler/Williams with Kronner.

Im sorry, but your proposal is way off. First of all, theres no reason in hell why Edmonton would want to take on Lang for a few months, and second of all, why the hell would Detroit trade a young, reliable puck-moving defenseman locked up for a few years at a reasonable price for an UFA and a RFA???

Retarded? Far from it. Horton is already producing similar to what Zetterberg is and is only 21 years old! So its not retarded one bit, and actually its quite logical for that matter, to assume that Horton will turn out to be better than Zetterberg in probably another year...or two max. They wouldnt make that trade straight up...

Would Florida even want to trade Horton? I'm sure they're thinking towards the future, and Horton would be an excellent guy to build around.

NO. There is a beyond zero chance of him getting traded to Detroit , this is just all hypothetical because a WIlliams/Hudler for Horton deal was brought up. Horton wont get traded anywhere...

NO. There is a beyond zero chance of him getting traded to Detroit , this is just all hypothetical because a WIlliams/Hudler for Horton deal was brought up. Horton wont get traded anywhere...

The franchise traded Luongo, who's worth at least three Hortons.

Everyone gets moved given the right circumstances.

Florida are getting close to the point where they'll make anything to reach playoffs.

Remember the Hawks great future, the ABC? All gone.

Losing franchises seldom hang on to their pieces.

Since it's all hypothetical, if I was Florida, I wouldn't trade Horton for Zetterberg.

The franchise traded Luongo, who's worth at least three Hortons.

Everyone gets moved given the right circumstances.

Florida are getting close to the point where they'll make anything to reach playoffs.

Remember the Hawks great future, the ABC? All gone.

Losing franchises seldom hang on to their pieces.

Thats a very bad example. Luongo is 27 and had been on Florida for years, also i cant remember what was going on with his contract but he was due for a huge payday. Nathan Horton is 21 years old and isnt even close to reaching his peak yet. There is no way in hell he gets traded this year...perhaps in 3 years down the line if the team isnt doing anything they'd trade him for multiple players in return. But not now...no way.

Retarded? Far from it. Horton is already producing similar to what Zetterberg is and is only 21 years old! So its not retarded one bit, and actually its quite logical for that matter, to assume that Horton will turn out to be better than Zetterberg in probably another year...or two max. They wouldnt make that trade straight up...

Zetterberg does all the little things that Horton doesn't do while still producing the same way. Horton isn't nearly as good defensively, he doesn't play on the PK, he doesn't play in defensive situations at the end of the game. His role, while important, isn't as important as Zetterberg would be and is.

Horton's game isn't to be a total complete player.

But anyway, I retract the "retarded" comment, came off a little strong.

Edited by Heaton

The Isles currently sit in the 10th spot. If they fall further out of contention points wise, the Red Wings should target Jason Blake.

That probably won't happen. Mad Mike doesn't make the deals anymore. :lol:

Zetterberg does all the little things that Horton doesn't do while still producing the same way. Horton isn't nearly as good defensively, he doesn't play on the PK, he doesn't play in defensive situations at the end of the game. His role, while important, isn't as important as Zetterberg would be and is.

All I is my my remote would go through the TV screen if I turned it on and found out the Wings traded Z.

Here's another name that I thought of earlier, but forgot all about until Spector brought it up; Marco Sturm. He's struggling pretty badly on the Bruins, but he's got great wheels and would definitely address Detroit's speed issues while adding some scoring punch up front. He's a UFA next season.

I'll buy that, I liked Sturm a lot when he was a Shark and think he'd do well in Detroit.

Horton's game isn't to be a total complete player.

But anyway, I retract the "retarded" comment, came off a little strong.

Horton brings energy, physical play and grit to the table, besides the obvious offensive skills. He's a team-leading +8 when they are -16 as a team. Horton may not be killing penalties at 21 or 22, but he definitely should be in a few more yrs.