• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

The "REAL" reason some Detroit fans dislike Fedorov

Rate this topic

I think I figured out why so many Detroit fans truly hate Fedorov. They found out all the trash talking he was doing in Russian. :lol:

Nah on a lighter note, I found a old ESPN commercial with Shanny and Feds that I love and thought I would share it. ahh the good old days.

Sergei is the man, don't agree watch this then

Edited by WingNutt

I think I figured out why so many Detroit fans truly hate Fedorov. They found out all the trash talking he was doing in Russian. :lol:

Nah on a lighter note, I found a old ESPN commercial with Shanny and Feds that I love and thought I would share it. ahh the good old days.

that was such a great commercial :D

I respected Fedorov because he was a team player and such a great talent. I don't think any other superstar would have taken being made a defenseman as well as he did.

The reason that people turned on him was his greed and griping to the media about playing time. He got more ice time than any of our forwards, and he always bitched about wanting more. Then the holdout and signing an obscene contract with Carolina...well by the period's standards it was obscene, which forced the Wings to match it. That was the only reason he was in Detroit. I'm sure the Wings faithful wanted him here, but felt that he wanted to be gone so good riddance. I'm sure he felt pressure to be like Yzerman, and that was a reason he wanted to leave, but all he had to do was be a great hockey player and play hard and we would have loved him regardless. He wanted the limelight, and they gave it to him in Anaheim and he fell on his face.

A change of scenery is needed for everyone sometimes, but it seemed like he forced the change. Detroiters are kind of sensitive about being spurned, and now he's everyone's favorite villain.

Fedorov was my favorite player growing up. He really blew it by leaving Detroit though. I think he was getting restless in Detroit and wanted to jump ship to win some more Cups with seemingly on-the-rise Anaheim. If he had known Anaheim was going to tank like they did and that Detroit would still be in the upper echelons of the league four years later I highly doubt he would've left. I don't hold it against him though, he was just doing what he thought was best for his career.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Fedorov WAS the man would be more appropriate. But if there's someway you can turn back time and give us the Fedorov from 10 years ago, then by all means Holland, pull the trigger.

But i'll take a pass on the 2007 version of Fedorov. Not exactly pulling off the same highlight reel stuff nowadays. Of course if you can put together a sweet BlueJackets reel of Feds then maybe i'll change my mind.

IPB Image

haha i love fedder, but you have to admit he does look like a pretty boy :lol:

He looks a bit like Legolas in that pic. :P

I loved Feds as a Wing, and wish he had never left. If a hockey player could be called "beautiful," that word described him when he gathered the puck and danced it down the ice, usually to set up or score a goal. He was poetry in motion, when he wanted to be.

Hate to say it, but Feds learned the hard way that he needed his comrades in red (wings) to be stellar. I still like him, but I guess we don't need him anymore. :(

I respected Fedorov because he was a team player and such a great talent. I don't think any other superstar would have taken being made a defenseman as well as he did.

The reason that people turned on him was his greed and griping to the media about playing time. He got more ice time than any of our forwards, and he always bitched about wanting more. Then the holdout and signing an obscene contract with Carolina...well by the period's standards it was obscene, which forced the Wings to match it. That was the only reason he was in Detroit. I'm sure the Wings faithful wanted him here, but felt that he wanted to be gone so good riddance. I'm sure he felt pressure to be like Yzerman, and that was a reason he wanted to leave, but all he had to do was be a great hockey player and play hard and we would have loved him regardless. He wanted the limelight, and they gave it to him in Anaheim and he fell on his face.

:clap:

Guest Crymson

If you want to bring back Fedorov, who has proven himself the ultimate "I" player, and pay a $6m contract for 30 points a year and some nostalgia, then I accuse you of being on crack.

Fedorov was my favorite player growing up. He really blew it by leaving Detroit though. I think he was getting restless in Detroit and wanted to jump ship to win some more Cups with seemingly on-the-rise Anaheim. If he had known Anaheim was going to tank like they did and that Detroit would still be in the upper echelons of the league four years later I highly doubt he would've left. I don't hold it against him though, he was just doing what he thought was best for his career.

Jump ship to win more cups? Do you forget that, after the 2002-2003 season, he had won 3 cups in 7 years?

No, no-- he wanted the limelight.

A change of scenery is needed for everyone sometimes, but it seemed like he forced the change. Detroiters are kind of sensitive about being spurned, and now he's everyone's favorite villain.

I liked him best in 2002, when he played like himself but was nearly silent off the ice.

Well, he didn't do a whole lot to win over fans when he compared leaving the Wings to defecting from the Soviet Union...

A lot of people bring that up, but if I remember correctly he was referring to how hard it was to leave his friends and family and his homeland to come to Detroit. Meaning leaving the Red Wings was like doing it all over again, leaving his friends and family.

He wasn't comparing the Detroit Red Wings to the USSR.

I can't find a link for the quote, but maybe someone can back me up.

Guest Tunbo Batman

well, i dont dislike fedorov. much.

then again, i dont hate the avs, so im not your run-of-the-mill predictable RW fan :D

I'm sure we would love it if he came back, and who knows, he could be motivated enough to do well if he were to come back to HOCKEYTOWN?

Thank God I recorded so much Red Wings hockey!

Edited by DETMURDS

A lot of people bring that up, but if I remember correctly he was referring to how hard it was to leave his friends and family and his homeland to come to Detroit. Meaning leaving the Red Wings was like doing it all over again, leaving his friends and family.

He wasn't comparing the Detroit Red Wings to the USSR.

I can't find a link for the quote, but maybe someone can back me up.

Fair enough. That could have been how he meant to say, however, that wasn't quite the impression that was left in many fans minds when the quote came out.

Fedorov is like the really hot girlfriend you had back in highschool. you went out since you were a freshman, and everyone was jealous of you two....you thought you were gonna get married and live happily ever after.

But then college came, and she broke up with you. What a *****! you would scream. but really, you cant always blame her for leaving and seeing what else was out there. i mean, she was the HOTTEST girl back then so you cant really blame her for leaving you could you? well, you did blame her. and you came up with every reason why she was such a ***** and you are better off without her and shes worse off without you. but secretly, (youd never tell your friends) you wanted her back. But then after a couple years....word got back that your ex actually gained a few pounds and now she isnt so smokin hot and shes been dating the cracked out loser to flunked out of highschool. But ya know, somedays.....somedays you get sick of people telling you she got fat, even though they think its cheering you up. because really, you know that back in the day, she was really something special. she was beautiful. and ya know....maybe you can see yourself forgiving her...and getting back together with her. just as long as that ***** shed a few pounds first!

i mean, does this make sense to you guys? i dunno, maybe its just me, but thats what it seems like. and i dunno, maybe no one else knows of a girlfriend like that....maybe its just me. but damnit....im not giving up. .....i...love...you....kim..................what? sorry.

Fedorov is like the really hot girlfriend you had back in highschool. you went out since you were a freshman, and everyone was jealous of you two....you thought you were gonna get married and live happily ever after.

But then college came, and she broke up with you. What a *****! you would scream. but really, you cant always blame her for leaving and seeing what else was out there. i mean, she was the HOTTEST girl back then so you cant really blame her for leaving you could you? well, you did blame her. and you came up with every reason why she was such a ***** and you are better off without her and shes worse off without you. but secretly, (youd never tell your friends) you wanted her back. But then after a couple years....word got back that your ex actually gained a few pounds and now she isnt so smokin hot and shes been dating the cracked out loser to flunked out of highschool. But ya know, somedays.....somedays you get sick of people telling you she got fat, even though they think its cheering you up. because really, you know that back in the day, she was really something special. she was beautiful. and ya know....maybe you can see yourself forgiving her...and getting back together with her. just as long as that ***** shed a few pounds first!

i mean, does this make sense to you guys? i dunno, maybe its just me, but thats what it seems like. and i dunno, maybe no one else knows of a girlfriend like that....maybe its just me. but damnit....im not giving up. .....i...love...you....kim..................what? sorry.

I don't get it, ....I married her,...she wasn't fat, I got her pregnant! :hehe: I didn't lose that girl in my life to be honest. As Bill Clinton the Cheat would always say, ..."I feel your pain." All in fun now, ...you do make sense!

GO WINGS!

Edited by DETMURDS

We all know it, but rarely say it:

Without Federov no Stanley Cups in 97 & 98....

The thing with those teams though, you could replace Fedorov in that sentence with any number of the Wings. Lidstrom, Yzerman, Shanahan, McCarty, Vladdie...hell even Larry Murphy. We had the right mix of people in those years, and if you replace any one of them, we have a hole in our lineup. Those were our best teams, in my opinion.

The thing with those teams though, you could replace Fedorov in that sentence with any number of the Wings. Lidstrom, Yzerman, Shanahan, McCarty, Vladdie...hell even Larry Murphy. We had the right mix of people in those years, and if you replace any one of them, we have a hole in our lineup. Those were our best teams, in my opinion.

True, it was absolutely the right mix.

But that team without Yzerman OR without Lidstrom OR Fedorov wouldn't have won the SC. (IMHO)

The rest of the players you mentioned was (and I hate this word in this sentence..) 'replaceable.

And I say that with the utmost respect !

Fedorov from 95-00 was one of the best players in the world.

[edit: spelling]

Edited by interminded

Guest Crymson

Federov

LEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRNNNNNN TO SPELLLLLLLLL...............

.... and Shanny was also irreplaceable.. and Kozlov. Etc. Team dynamic.

If you want to bring back Fedorov, who has proven himself the ultimate "I" player, and pay a $6m contract for 30 points a year and some nostalgia, then I accuse you of being on crack.

Jump ship to win more cups? Do you forget that, after the 2002-2003 season, he had won 3 cups in 7 years?

No, no-- he wanted the limelight.

I liked him best in 2002, when he played like himself but was nearly silent off the ice.

on crack?? Mr. Negative has just showed up everyone. Its cool you don't think Feds would help us now, True he hasn't done alot since he left Detroit, but has Detroit done much since he left either?? We have been getting embarassed in the playoffs year after year. I think Sergei's return would Help out not only himself but The Wings aswell. I don't think him and Babcock would click very well but the rest of the team would I believe. The price is the main thing he would have to take a cut like Hasek, and maybe get a bonus if his numbers are good enough or something. Look at the team he is playing for??? The Blue Jackets that is another reason why his numbers are hurting. I'm telling you guys Sergei still has it.

For example take a look at Peter Forsberg, one of the Best players in the World. His numbers were amazing and he was in the playoffs year after year with Colorado, and goes to Philly now look at what hes doing injury aside he hasn't done crap.

I don't want Feds back for the fact that he was the best here in Detroit before, I want him back so he can prove to everyone that he still has the magic and can help bring the cup back to Hockey Town. Igor did it came back and Won the Cup with Detroit after leaving remember??

Someone has said it before and I'll say it again

"No Sergei No Cup"

6 mil a year for 40-45 points (thats what he's on pace for now) HELLLL NO.

and i LOVE the guy. seriously he is still my favorite wing of all time. he was stellar then and less than so now.

HOWEVER, for 3.2-3.8 mil a yr. (which i know wouldn't ever happen) i'd give it a shot. i see more production from him than lang amongst the likes of hank, dats, flip, hudler, cleary. in CBJ he has nash, and... oh thats right just nash.

even huge stars need supporting casts to keep up point production and he certainly doesn't have one where he's at.

A sellout? almost definately. one of the greatest wings ever? ABSOLUTELY.

and yes, the 12 mil bonus in 02 was insane. if he was gonna jump ship, it should have been then. look at carolina now. leaps and bounds above CBJ.