• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan4life19

Holland "eyeing" four players

Rate this topic

ya .. but i dont think forsberg right now will help this team very much.. if he does its just taking pressure off dats and zett and maybe llanger and cleary. but other then that i dont see how hell help goal scoring or anything.. to me hes a more mature zetterberg whose maybe a lil tougher on skates, and can check a bit more but i dont think forsberg is what we need

Definitely. A power forward stands up for himself and his team. Dropping the gloves is an important part of this. It always has been.

I agree with Barnes! You dont have to fight 10 times a year, but imo you do have to be a willing guy at least to be considered a power forward in my book.

I think that's silly, what is Forsberg then? He does everything BUT fight so he isn't a power forward?

ya .. but i dont think forsberg right now will help this team very much.. if he does its just taking pressure off dats and zett and maybe llanger and cleary. but other then that i dont see how hell help goal scoring or anything.. to me hes a more mature zetterberg whose maybe a lil tougher on skates, and can check a bit more but i dont think forsberg is what we need

Do you realize what a huge help it would be to take pressure of Dats, Zetterberg, Langer, and Cleary??? Not to mention the young guys like Hudler and Filpulla. I'm just saying this assuming that Williams goes in a trade for him...more like hoping....

Word,

LDi03

I think that's silly, what is Forsberg then? He does everything BUT fight so he isn't a power forward?

People's opinions of what constitutes a power forward differ i guess, mine happens to include the ability to fight. Its kinda like how the definition of grit tends to vary.

I don't believe you have to fight to be considered a PF. That's basically saying Thornton isn't one because he really doesn't fight and I think he's probably the true definition of what a power forward is. The team's go to guy, someone all the players rely on and rally around to make that big play, or hit to change the momentum of the game. Someone that is physical, and makes it known that he will not be messed with. Someone who drives to the net, is strong as hell on the puck, and makes it EXTERMELY hard for an opposing player to try and knock him off the puck, or from the net..etc..

ANYWAYS.

I have a VERY strong feeling that Tkachuk will be a Red Wing soon. Mark my words.

I don't believe you have to fight to be considered a PF. That's basically saying Thornton isn't one because he really doesn't fight and I think he's probably the true definition of what a power forward is. The team's go to guy, someone all the players rely on and rally around to make that big play, or hit to change the momentum of the game. Someone that is physical, and makes it known that he will not be messed with. Someone who drives to the net, is strong as hell on the puck, and makes it EXTERMELY hard for an opposing player to try and knock him off the puck, or from the net..etc..

ANYWAYS.

I have a VERY strong feeling that Tkachuk will be a Red Wing soon. Mark my words.

I wouldn't mind Tkachuk as a playoff rental. A big body who scores goals and has a nasty streak. And without the chronic injuries that Forsberg and Bert have.

works for me.

I'm kinda dissapointed that Fedotenko isnt mentioned...hes one of my favorite players (because hes Ukrainian and was born close to where I was...), and unlike Zherdev hes more of a team player and isnt on a big slump this year. I was looking at some Tampa forums and they were saying that Fedotenko for Williams & a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I would that that without thinking :P Fedotenko is a year older, but is doing a lot better than williams and could possibly do even better if we was on the wings. Fedotenko is 6-2 and 196 or so and Williams is 5-11 and 194. If we were to trade for a person like Bertuzzi or Tucker or someone else that can hit and score, we would have a very good chance of going all the way in my opinion.

I hate to be beating a dead horse, but these sports reporters don't seem to be making sense.

Why Forsberg? He's not that young, he's faced with injury problems, and he's a center. Sure, Forsberg is a great player, no doubt, but is he was Detroit needs? I personally do not think so.

With Bertuzzi and Tkachuk being the only two I see worthwhile trading, we have to think in terms of who will do the best in the playoffs.

Big Bert is definitely my top choice for a trade. He is the guy the wings have been missing for a long time. A power forward with grit and skill is great. I do not think there will be any drama with him, if he is brought here, he will know his place. Plus, during the playoffs, he will be a star, no doubt. Infact, he might feel the need to outplay the wings and step his game up as to say hey, I am better than all of you. Thats a great thing, plus the motivation for the Cup. During the playoffs we will see the veterans come alive, and guys like Dats and these younger players seem to fade away. Without the Captain or Shanny this year, we need a guy like Bertuzzi who can score and make his presence known. The only downside is his injury, but in all honesty, I don't think it will affect is playing ability.

I wouldn't use all our bargaining chips right now, because while we might win a Cup with Bertuzzi, we have to keep next year in mind, as guys like Miller, Drury, and Briere might be on the market, we dont want to screw ourselves over and miss out on signing top notch players for more than just a playoff run.

I hate to be beating a dead horse, but these sports reporters don't seem to be making sense.

Why Forsberg? He's not that young, he's faced with injury problems, and he's a center. Sure, Forsberg is a great player, no doubt, but is he was Detroit needs? I personally do not think so.

With Bertuzzi and Tkachuk being the only two I see worthwhile trading, we have to think in terms of who will do the best in the playoffs.

Big Bert is definitely my top choice for a trade. He is the guy the wings have been missing for a long time. A power forward with grit and skill is great. I do not think there will be any drama with him, if he is brought here, he will know his place. Plus, during the playoffs, he will be a star, no doubt. Infact, he might feel the need to outplay the wings and step his game up as to say hey, I am better than all of you. Thats a great thing, plus the motivation for the Cup. During the playoffs we will see the veterans come alive, and guys like Dats and these younger players seem to fade away. Without the Captain or Shanny this year, we need a guy like Bertuzzi who can score and make his presence known. The only downside is his injury, but in all honesty, I don't think it will affect is playing ability.

I wouldn't use all our bargaining chips right now, because while we might win a Cup with Bertuzzi, we have to keep next year in mind, as guys like Miller, Drury, and Briere might be on the market, we dont want to screw ourselves over and miss out on signing top notch players for more than just a playoff run.

I agree with you man. We need Bertuzzi so bad, If we get him I will be so freaking happy.

ANYWAYS.

Joe Thornton WILL fight though, and has many times in his career, thats really the point. You dont have to do it all the time. He doesnt do it often, but he is actually a damn good fighter especially for a guy of his abiility. Him, Iginla, Lecavalier,...these are the guys i think of when i think power forward. The fact that these guys will fight and also have the capability of beating guys down with their fists separates them into a different category from a guy like Forsberg imo. Cam Neely is the classic power forward example of the past...and Cam fought. So i base it off of that..

Eyeing my ass , Trade for someone Holland , we need something , If you do what you always do , were gonna get destroyed in the playoffs , or do you not watch your teams games ?

I am sure Holland watches the games. He just waits till the last minute to do anything important to help his team in the long run,.

Can we at least all agree that Calder brings more than Williams? :D

On a sidenote, I think Calder is going to be big in the playoffs. He plays the right way to have playoff success.

Calder might not be the biggest guy...

but he sure does play a physical game... :boxing:

Dont know why you'd use a boxing emoticon to describe Calder! The gritty thing i wont take issue with, but i do take issue with the physical game part..to be a physical player you HAVE to be a hitter, no ifs ands or buts. He's not a physical player.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Dont know why you'd use a boxing emoticon to describe Calder! The gritty thing i wont take issue with, but i do take issue with the physical game part..to be a physical player you HAVE to be a hitter, no ifs ands or buts. He's not a physical player.

maybe he used it because he felt like it???

and being a physical player doesn't mean you fight all the time.

i just used it...

hes more physical than some of the other wings tho...

Which basically means nothing, since the Red Wings is a very non-physical team.

That's not what he said either. Edited by RyanBarnes!

Notice the word "hitter" in my post...

Which basically means nothing, since the Red Wings is a very non-physical team.

Exactly. I think thats why people look at Calder and think of him as this physical winger, its cause of what he's being compared to.