• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Forsberg trade close

Rate this topic

Peter Forsberg has been scratched from tonight's Leafs/Flyers game because a trade is close, rumoured to be to Nashville.

EDIT: Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, 1st rounder & 3rd rounder to Philly for Forsberg.

Edited by MacK_Attack

I wasn't a really big fan of getting Forsberg. He sure would've helped out that lethargic second line of ours, though I didn't think he would have been the cure to the "toughness" problems that have grabbed so much attention lately.

But if he stays healthy, the division is essentially Nashville's. And I no longer think we could take the Preds in a seven-game series.

If Forsberg does go to Nashville (which im 99% sure he will), I'm surprised Holland didn't up the bidding to keep him out of Nashville. I really think he would've been a great pick up to give us some secondary scoring. Oh well, lets see what the Preds gave up before making any judgments. Hopefully they sold the farm.

Looks like it's all but finalized. Predators send Upshall, Parent, a first round pick, and a third rounder.

What's the source? I remember this kinda s*** happening in the past during the deadlines, specifically to us, and then another team swooped in and took the player away...

I am hoping that we will be that team tonight, and swoop in and take Forsberg away from Nashville and into the red and white.

Damn, this is scary if it's true.

Well kenny , this would be a nice time to get Guerin/Tkachuk or Roberts/Bertuzzi

I vote for Bertuzzi and Tkachuk

I would love our second line to be Tkachuk - ? - Bertuzzi

I leave Lang out because for one I don't know if that line would be too slow or what and secondly, I don't think Lang would be here if we acquired two big name guys.

I'm not surprised. The ONLY reason Holland could've stayed in a race for Foppa would be if Forsberg would single out Detroit as a destination bc of national team allegiances. A bidding war he can't, and shouldn't try to win.