• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Forsberg trade close

Rate this topic

Omfg, what do you know? I'm right. People will always try to come up with a reason that we've got to be catastrophic and pessimistic.

FYI, moron, the sportscaster saying that said it going into the playoffs. That was a full 2 months after the trade deadline. The fact was that we were utterly on fire and didn't need anyone, let alone Cory Cross. Trade deadline acquisitions were unnecessary. The Wings ended the season 17-0-3-1, with that 1 loss being an utterly meaningless final game against Nashville in which Babcock scratched half the team for rest. This streak dated from their previous regulation loss, which was on March 7th. As such, you can be assured that the Red Wings tore through the league after all the good teams had gotten their fancy trade-deadline acquisitions.

Know your role.

THANKS ROCK ;)

Guest Crymson

Either ******* way, Forsberg WILL HELP THE PREDS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT... I was just making a point but i take it im not allowed to do that then

No, you're just one of the astounding number of people who come to this board purely to *****, complain, and find ways to justify claims that the Wings don't have a chance.

maybe kenny will get some balls and actually do something that will significantly help this team. now that we know nashville is going to be going into the playoffs on all cylindars, kenny NEEDS to do something. we have a lot of skill, but no on ice insurance policy... lets go kenny, get off your ass and do something

No, you're just one of the astounding number of people who come to this board purely to *****, complain, and find ways to justify claims that the Wings don't have a chance.

Hmmm because you know me soo ******* well eh genius ;)

Heres the thing, and I think this will hurt Nashville and Its pressure!! They have never been down this road of being #1 and accuring a beat up Forsberg does not give them the cup, now the trade is huge for them but now all of the pressure to win the whole thing is on them there is no excuse because I know that Forsberg will resign with Philly in the offseason and I think that is why Holland didn't make a deal. Keep in mind Nashville is trying to sell tickets so they will throw all of the chips in on Forsberg, its a huge trade and a huge risk!!! :scared:

Guest Crymson

yea, and i was the first one to report it on here and all anyone did was throw trash at me. :angry:

Well, it turned out to happen so there! :P

Blind squirrel, nut, etc.

To add to what I just said, I really don't think Nashville gave up too much. It's a good deal for both teams. The first round pick will end up being bottom five of the top 30 so it's essentially a second rounder. Parent or Franson (yet to be confirmed) are good prospects. Upshall won't crack the roster in Nashville. The third is, well, a third. This is similar to Holland dealing Kindl, Hudler, a first, and a third. In fact, I think our package is probably better than Nashville's. Granted it is a big risk but Forsberg is Forsberg. He would do wonders for the team's secondary scoring which we so desperately need.

I know I'm speaking hypothetically. Maybe Holland did offer a package similar to Nashville's and Philadelphia wasn't interested. I dont know. I just got my hopes up.

Probably offered Williams and Lebda and the FLyers recoiled in horror.

Guest Crymson

Hmmm because you know me soo ******* well eh genius ;)

Observation does wonders--no, I don't know you, but I see what you do on this board, and that's exactly what I've just commented upon.

So I think I just died.

REVIVE ME WINGS, REVIVE ME.

I thought you got excited whenever ANY team made a pre-deadline deal? ;)

I'm hoping Kenny has an answer. Maybe teams will be wary of spending too much on Bertuzzi and we can get a good deal. Wishful thinking, eh? I'm afraid teams will be asking more than Holland is willing to give up, but here's hoping I'm wrong.

I'm officially afraid of Nashville. You know, 4th place in the conference isn't THAT bad, maybe we'll play Dallas instead of San Jose :D

Guest Crymson

Probably offered Williams and Lebda and the FLyers recoiled in horror.

I challenge you to find me a team which will recoil at Lebda. Did you mean Lilja?

To add to what I just said, I really don't think Nashville gave up too much. It's a good deal for both teams. The first round pick will end up being bottom five of the top 30 so it's essentially a second rounder. Parent or Franson (yet to be confirmed) are good prospects. Upshall won't crack the roster in Nashville. The third is, well, a third. This is similar to Holland dealing Kindl, Hudler, a first, and a third. In fact, I think our package is probably better than Nashville's. Granted it is a big risk but Forsberg is Forsberg. He would do wonders for the team's secondary scoring which we so desperately need.

I know I'm speaking hypothetically. Maybe Holland did offer a package similar to Nashville's and Philadelphia wasn't interested. I dont know. I just got my hopes up.

Hey, you all know I was completely against dealing someone like Kindl for anybody. So if what you're saying was the type of package we would have had to give up to get Foppa, I say "Enjoy him while you have him Nashville!" This is not Forsberg in his prime. Of course he still is a great player, but not worth that type of a package in my opinion, especially if you could potentially lose him as an UFA after the season.

Observation does wonders--no, I don't know you, but I see what you do on this board, and that's exactly what I've just commented upon.

Well i guess you should read abit more... there are tones of people who ***** on here

Guest Crymson

Well i guess you should read abit more... there are tones of people who ***** on here

I completely agree, and I classified you as one of them.

Our hopes to survive the 1st round just went up!

Think positive.

:thumbup: