• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

We really need someone like....

Rate this topic

Everyone always looks for a big name during the trade deadline.Lets get a Tkachuk,or a Guerin,Foresberg etc....

Lets face it ,most of the fun is in the anticipation.When was the last time a last minute deal of a big name veteran player actually put a team over the top? Most of these players are on the severe down slope of their career,and are relied on because of their past glories.

This team needs to be tougher and grittier,but we've heard that a thousand times.

One older veteran player is not going to be the difference.I believe the complexion of this team has to change considerably to compete in a different world called the playoffs.

I would like to see the aquisition of younger,faster players,that will play with an edge.

I would like to see players that will drop the gloves if their teamate is in trouble,but doesn't have to be an "enforcer".

I would like to find two or three players like ........Sean Avery.

I would like these players to not be "head cases" like .....Sean Avery.

Do these players exist,and can we get them?

we should of aquired george laraque this offseason, we should of made a trade to get a top 5 young prospect(i.e toews) to have a future franchise player

we should of aquired george laraque this offseason, we should of made a trade to get a top 5 young prospect(i.e toews) to have a future franchise player

and traded WHO?

(eagerly awaiting the inevitable Lang or Datsyuk response)

Should have. We should have made a trade.

We should've done this and we should do that. As usual, not a single actual idea. Just a bunch of abstract wishing on gumdrop rainbows. Who should we trade for that top-5 draft pick? Who should that young gritty guy be? Does he exist? You tell me. Real easy for you to sit back and say we should do this and we should do that and criticize the hell out of Holland when he doesn't, and yet not one single actual idea.

We should've done this and we should do that. As usual, not a single actual idea. Just a bunch of abstract wishing on gumdrop rainbows. Who should we trade for that top-5 draft pick? Who should that young gritty guy be? Does he exist? You tell me. Real easy for you to sit back and say we should do this and we should do that and criticize the hell out of Holland when he doesn't, and yet not one single actual idea.

I believe the purpose of this forum is to exchange ideas and opinions and stimulate conversation,not stifle it.

yes here it comes LANG he is a bumb that we are overpaying! ship him and a good prospect to chicago for jonathon toews, remember with yzerman they decided for him to be our franchise player and we built a team around him

Edited by Griffin

I believe the purpose of this forum is to exchange ideas and opinions and stimulate conversation,not stifle it.

OK. Great. Like I said - let's hear ideas then. The idea that we want younger, faster, grittier players that aren't afraid to drop the gloves and hell, they can score some too.....that's an idea that's not only as old as hockey itself, but common to all 30 teams and every single fan of those 30 teams besides. It's hardly original. If you can find a player of that sort that some team somewhere is willing to give up, please, tell us. The perfect player doesn't exist, so don't be too shocked if someone tells you why an idea won't work.

yes here it comes LANG he is a bumb that we are overpaying! ship him and a good prospect to chicago for jonathon toews, remember with yzerman they decided for him to be our franchise player and we built a team around him

If Toews is a franchise player, what makes you think Chicago will take an overpriced bum and a random prospect for him? Don't you think they'd want a franchise player in return?

Trade Lang or Datsyuk for a young gritty player who can fight and score.

WOAH! DIDNT SEE THAT COMING! :P

Then we'd be sure to go far in the playoffs! THIS is why we have these converations!

The player you're looking for is Shanahan about 10 years ago. Or Yzerman with a traumatic childhood.

I hope that makes it to someones signature. ^^

good idea release lang this summer and trade datsuck he is too overpayed!

Too overpaid? And tell me, what, exactly, is reasonably overpaid?

So you've given up on the Toews thing then?

Some examples of the kind of player that I think we need: Drake,Tucker,Avery (without the mouth),Bootland etc.

They don't have to be big names,but role players with sandpaper styles that will contribute when the going gets really tough.ie (In April)

Some examples of the kind of player that I think we need: Drake,Tucker,Avery (without the mouth),Bootland etc.

They don't have to be big names,but role players with sandpaper styles that will contribute when the going gets really tough.ie (In April)

You would go as far as to mention Bootland? We have him already, and he sucks. There is a reason why the Wings choose not to use him.

You would go as far as to mention Bootland? We have him already, and he sucks. There is a reason why the Wings choose not to use him.

How much of a chance was he given?

His name was thrown out there as an example to describe a playing style.I'm sure there are many out there similar (and better) that can be aquired without selling the farm. This team has always drafted diamonds in the rough,but we can never seem to trade for them.

Todd Fedoruk, ...theres one name for ya. Does anyone know the status of his contract? Im hoping he's only on a year deal, i cant remember what he re-signed with Anaheim for. If its for more than 1 year, then Philly may want to keep him since i know they like having him. But if he's due for free agency, they could trade him knowing they could just sign him back in the offseason (like Doug Weight with St Louis)

Everyone always looks for a big name during the trade deadline.Lets get a Tkachuk,or a Guerin,Foresberg etc....

Lets face it ,most of the fun is in the anticipation.When was the last time a last minute deal of a big name veteran player actually put a team over the top? Most of these players are on the severe down slope of their career,and are relied on because of their past glories.

This team needs to be tougher and grittier,but we've heard that a thousand times.

One older veteran player is not going to be the difference.I believe the complexion of this team has to change considerably to compete in a different world called the playoffs.

I would like to see the aquisition of younger,faster players,that will play with an edge.

I would like to see players that will drop the gloves if their teamate is in trouble,but doesn't have to be an "enforcer".

I would like to find two or three players like ........Sean Avery.

I would like these players to not be "head cases" like .....Sean Avery.

Do these players exist,and can we get them?

doug weight and mark recchi absoutly helped the canes win the cup last year.

Nevermind, just looked it up. Fedoruk will be a free agent...give the Flyers a decent offer and im sure he can be had.

The Canes needed more veteran presence in the locker room,I did not think they were effective on the ice.The younger guns,goaltending and Brind d'mour did all the on ice work.

Unfortunately there isn't a player creator for the real NHL, but I agree with the notion of adding Fedoruk. Won't have to give up alot for him, adds size and grit and also he won't demand big minutes to be effective and take away form our already established chemistry.

Unfortunately there isn't a player creator for the real NHL, but I agree with the notion of adding Fedoruk. Won't have to give up alot for him, adds size and grit and also he won't demand big minutes to be effective and take away form our already established chemistry.

Fedoruk would immediately add that presence to the lockeroom that theyre no longer wimpy. I bet you'd see alot of guys' physical games stepped up a notch. Now, he wont be had for the 4th rounder the Flyers gave up...it'll be more than that. Have to give the Flyers a reason to make the trade....a mid-level prospect will probably do.

Damn. Well i hope he'd be willing to leave the family for a few months! Like i said he could always just re-sign with Philly in the offseason if he really wants to play there.

By the way, that avatar is hilarious!

Guest Crymson

Exactly--nonstop bitching with no solutions provided.

How much of a chance was he given?

His name was thrown out there as an example to describe a playing style.I'm sure there are many out there similar (and better) that can be aquired without selling the farm. This team has always drafted diamonds in the rough,but we can never seem to trade for them.

His playing style is a fight-only goon who brings nothing to the table but fighting. While that was all fine and good before, it isn't now. And besides that, Bootland really doesn't play the role of sheriff that well either, so he won't really be there to protect anyone. What the Wings need are the those two off of Philly, Todd Fedoruk or Ben Eager. Those two would be perfect for the Wings. If they got either of them (or both) at the deadline, I'd be really happy.

Exactly--nonstop bitching with no solutions provided.

Kind of like your non-stop bitching about peoples ideas... Maybe you need to find a forum where NHL GM's share their thoughts and ideas because those always pan out.