• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HOFFDOGG

Official: Guerin Traded to Sharks

Rate this topic

Disappointment starting to settle in here...sounds more and more like Bertuzzi going to the Ducks, at this point realistically if the Wings go up against the Sharks in the first round we're going to be physically destroyed.

I have a feeling the wings won't get anything. With San Jose adding Guerin and the Preds with Forsberg I think the Wings are like the 4th or 5th favorite out of the west. Like people have said they can't compete with the fire power as of right now.

Disappointment starting to settle in here...sounds more and more like Bertuzzi going to the Ducks, at this point realistically if the Wings go up against the Sharks in the first round we're going to be physically destroyed.

the physical side doesn't bother me. Its that the Sharks have two lines that can light it up. And if the Sharks can shut down the wings top line the wings have nothing after that in the way of offense.

Edited by StevieY9802

Indeed.

This is going to be BAD if we can't pick someone up... SJ and Anaheim (assuming they get a healthy Bert) are going to give Nashville a run for their money...

i'll call it now and people can say whatever they want,....holland doesn't make a move at the deadline when guys like bert and billy boy, and mayers where on the block and we get eliminated in the first round again,.....he's fired

You're right. Another early exit for Detroit may lead to some firings. I know we've been saying that for a few years now... but we've also been doing very little in becoming a better playoff team.

why do people act like they know what kenny holland offered? how do you know Guerin didn't say he wanted to play with Thorton again? how do you know St. Louis liked whoever the player is that San Jose is sending them rather than what Detroit might have been offering? Cause if you know these things you should be on TSN right now.

why do people act like they know what kenny holland offered? how do you know Guerin didn't say he wanted to play with Thorton again? how do you know St. Louis liked whoever the player is that San Jose is sending them rather than what Detroit might have been offering? Cause if you know these things you should be on TSN right now.

Guerin was on the phone with the TSN guys and said he was not given a choice of teams to go to.

Really, San Jose did give up quite a bit. The prospect leads the gophers in scoring as a freshman, a first rounder, and a roster player. For the Wings that roughly equates to Franzen, Abdelkader and a first. Would you do that?

They only gave up a prospect and a pick. There were no roster players involved.

Holland bitchers please STFU and take a look at our depth (or the lack of) in Griffins.

we're not cup favorite this year. and we can't sell everything just to be one. period

Well, Guerin wasn't a force with Dallas, but San Jose is a different animal. I predict he will be great there, with Big Joe and Cheechoo.

I am not giving up on our getting someone good yet. Go, Kenny! I am still holding out for a big surprise this afternoon!

:yowza: