• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Join the Red Wave

Rate this topic

join the red wave? :lol: when we where young teenagers and my sister was all pissy from the monthly visiter... we would say she was surfing the crimson or red wave... this is re-god-damn-diculouse!

Hockeycrazyy was saying that the Nashville slogan was the best of what we heard so far. I was agreeing. I don't mean that Join the red wave is the best, I mean't Nashvilles was the best of the bunch this year.

Sorry if that was unclear.

Ha ha, yeah, this is a BAD slogan.

How about "Don't Suck" or take one from Kid Rock "In it to win it like Yzerman" :D

I really hate most of our slogans. I thought 'Bring it' last year was actually pretty good...though...we didn't...you know, bring it.

Haha we certainly did not bring it.

I've always noticed the more lame the slogan..the farther the Wings go. :P

Haha we certainly did not bring it.

I've always noticed the more lame the slogan..the farther the Wings go. :P

Well then we are SET this year, because this is the lamest BY FAR :P

Yeah, timothy1997 already listed the slogans for the past ten years... which all sucked, imo. The only one that came close to not sucking? A Call to Arms, 1995.

Paint the Town Red also works the whole 'red' theme in, without being frigging cheesy about it. SLOGAN WRITERS, CIRCA '01-'04--SWITCH CAREERS. =p Like, "Get your red on", please? Please, that's awful.

This, I believe, would be an excellent slogan however. Slogans by nature are cheesed out... but this most assuredly beats stuff like "One Team, One Goal" ( :wacko: <--) and many other bad creations:

The best playoff slogan the Red Wings ever had came in 2002, it wasn't drawn up by some marketing team, and it never manifested itself on t-shirts. No slogan has ever had a bigger impact, and it began with a simple whiteboard in the locker room and the determination of one Fredrick Olussen, "Whatever It Takes". We were down 3-2 going into Colorado for game 6 and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. That year the Wings did to whatever it took to win, and it's that attitude that each and every team needs to posses in order to take home Lord Stanley's Cup. So while we as fan's will be sitting in the stands and in front of our television's supporting our team by adopting the "Red Wave", I believe that our team will have their own slogan and that they will be doing "Whatever It Takes" to once again bring home “Stanley†and restore the mantel to HockeyTown!!!

Ha ha, yeah, this is a BAD slogan.

How about "Don't Suck" or take one from Kid Rock "In it to win it like Yzerman" :D

I really hate most of our slogans. I thought 'Bring it' last year was actually pretty good...though...we didn't...you know, bring it.

we brought it but lost to a more cheesier "GET ELECTRIC" playoff slogan. Case and point is this...whomever has the cheesiest playoff slogans will make it far. JOIN THE RED WAVE BABY!!

oh and here is to next year when we can use these lists of dandy playoff slogans

IT'S ON!

YOU JUST GOT SERVED!!

WE SCORE MORE GOALS THEN YOU!!

YOUR COACH SMELLS LIKE FISH!!

Edited by timothy1997

So I just found out some of the other slogans in the NHL..and well it seems our Wings are blessed with the ones they have compared to the rest so far.

Dallas- Be there! (WTF?!)

Ottawa- Be Red

Thrashers- Believe in Blueland

Preds- Live it up (best one)

I think they forgot some words......

Dallas- Lucky to be there!!

Ottawa- Want to be Red Wings

Thrashers- Will someone please Believe in Blueland?! (I actually do though)

Preds- Live it up....while you can

:P

It was on those towels they gave away at the game when we played Nashville.

They should give everyone Red Shirts for the first playoff game. Have a sea of red doing the mexican wave. :D

Edited by Jwo

!!!!!! Those shirts are awesome!! I am going to order me one right now.

We should have that slogan! Screw the Sabres. Haha im kidding cause I love those guys but still. lkjskjgljsg! Wings!

i just ordered one too

Has anyone seen the Draper commercial for the playoffs? I heard it was pretty good...

Was on the Minnesota Wild site and saw "FIGHT TO THE END." on their ticket page, not sure if that is actually their slogan, just speculation and thought it was kind of cool.

Edited by RedStormRising

Has anyone seen the Draper commercial for the playoffs? I heard it was pretty good...

Yeah I saw it. It really is good. Drapes is talking about how the color red is powerful, intimidating..etc..and then he mentions how the Wings want everyone in the playoff games to wear red to support them.

You could try talking to your doctor about birth control. ;)

hahahahahah :lol:

on a sidenote, i went looking for the draper commercial, no luck, but found this, i think its awesome

Edited by Viperar