• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

Bertuzzi will be the answer

Rate this topic

So two games with Bertuzzi..... two losses. Some people may be jumping to hit the panic button but I firmly believe that Bertuzzi will be the x-factor come playoff time. By that time he will have enough games under his belt so that he should be able to build some chemistry (good or bad) with the players his playing with. If Bertuzzi is playing effectively the Wings will take a run this year, but if he's not......... well, another early exit is probably in the near future.

He'll be fine. In the two games hes been in since his hiatus, hes hit countless amounts of posts. It just a matter of time before "it" clicks and they all start going in.

Besides, everyone was playing like they just got back from season long injuries these past couple games

What I like most is the energy he brings to the team as a whole. Its been a while since this team had a sparkplug, but Bertuzzi is definitely it. I couldnt believe how contagious his game was in the 3rd period last night. I cant remember a game where we had so many players swarming the net instead of taking lousy perimeter shots.

don't forget kyle calder, who does something on this team that is rarly done and that's muck it up in the corners.

as i've said this is a totally different team than last year

exactly, it was good to see him crash the net on Thursday night as well, we need more of that.

Definitely :thumbup:

I was also suprised to see him have such an impacted physicially, so soon. He has five registered hits in two games.

what intrigues me is the possibility of having an Avalanche vs. Wings matchup in the first round. We all know the avalanche hate bertuzzi for obvious reasons(i must admit I was not a big fan of the move at first to bring him to Detroit), so hopefully this will bring back the oh so wonderful Red Wing Avs rivalry.

Definitely :thumbup:

I was also suprised to see him have such an impacted physicially, so soon. He has five registered hits in two games.

i think that is more than nick has all season... no joke

I think the wings should do just fine, it they play like we all know they can.

Thats just the problem, the way they are playing now, isn't what they are capable of doing.

Come playoff time Bertuzzi as well as the wings should hopefully have their chemistry back.

With that being said, they should make a decent if a run at the cup.

If not, then expect them to be playing many rounds of golf.

Guest Agalloch

Bertuzzi has been the best player on the Wings the past two games, outside of Ozzie against the Jackets.

He was ******* amazing on Saturday. He created so many chances, but BacashionlyplayswellagainsttheWings stopped all of them.

He makes Wings games ten times more fun to watch. You actually see someone driving to the net instead of just a perimeter game.

Bertuzzi has been the best player on the Wings the past two games, outside of Ozzie against the Jackets.

He was ******* amazing on Saturday. He created so many chances, but BacashionlyplayswellagainsttheWings stopped all of them.

He makes Wings games ten times more fun to watch. You actually see someone driving to the net instead of just a perimeter game.

Agreed. Bert's been playing exceptionally well IMO for had been out for such a long time. I think everyone realizes that too, watching the past game especially, you could hear the crowd always getting excited or chanting when he had the puck, or crashed the net, etc.

you know who i think is the answer? Pavel Datsyuk

There is a tremendous pressure on him to do well these playoffs

you could tell he was trying his best last playoffs but was still injured, i think a fully healthy dats is going to murder come playoff time

you know who i think is the answer? Pavel Datsyuk

There is a tremendous pressure on him to do well these playoffs

you could tell he was trying his best last playoffs but was still injured, i think a fully healthy dats is going to murder come playoff time

Oh do I hope you are right.

He needs to produce! I thinnk he can, and will do it.

Supposedly Lang is the "playoff" kind of guy, so lets see how much magic hes going to work ;)

This kind of general optimism and positivity is unacceptable. Return to your Osgood/Hasek/Holland/Babcock/Lilja bashing at once!

Yes sir!

f*** Andreas Lilja

It appears you beat me to it! I'll try to pitch in! Roll Hasek out of Detroit in his wheel-chair now before he starts throwing his false teeth at the opposition.

Guest Agalloch

Hudler's second star would disagree with you...

His one goal doesn't mean he played better those two games than Bertuzzi. Hell, Bertuzzi is the guy who caused Hudler's goal. He's so big, so Bacashihua couldn't see anything.

He could be a major factor in any (coughs) playoff success the Wings have. He can score those ugly playoff goals and can, as mentioned, cause goals to occur without ending up on the score sheet. He can do it all... But really it's the goaltending, our faceoff success, and to finally be able to put some goals on the board this year that will tell the tale. Zetterberg has to return and produce and we all know what Pavel has to do.

His one goal doesn't mean he played better those two games than Bertuzzi. Hell, Bertuzzi is the guy who caused Hudler's goal. He's so big, so Bacashihua couldn't see anything.

Hahaha thats true. But from the game I saw yesterday, Bacashihua saw EVERYTHING.