• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stactum

Playoff hockey to not be televised to some in USA

Rate this topic

I have charter and center ice. But after the first couple rounds, it won't be on Center Ice any more. I filled out the petition and sent one to my dad as well.

Doesn't like NBC or some national stations get the 3rd and 4th round anyways? I guess I am lost as to where the benefit of Versus even comes into play during the playoffs. I don't recall catching a single game on versus last playoffs.

Doesn't like NBC or some national stations get the 3rd and 4th round anyways? I guess I am lost as to where the benefit of Versus even comes into play during the playoffs. I don't recall catching a single game on versus last playoffs.

That's probably because they were playing the Grease and they were on CBC.

I actually remember last spring watching VS and seeing some great coverage on a lot of games. I distinctly remember being impressed by the broadcasts. They had great commercials, great pre/intermission/post game segments, and the broadcasting team of emmerick and JD (now the blues operator) really made the games exciting and interesting. I liked seeing the NHL get serious coverage, and get more than one commercial.

One of the few things I do miss from ESPN though are those hilarious Dooger commercials?? Anyone remember those?? haha.

Yes this is bull sh*t. i called and complained to charter last night. Comcast is so much better then charter. i wish i had a choice of what cable i wanted.

first off. Lose the caps in your title thread. No need to yell. second, this should be posted in rumors since it is a blog or buzz that you are getting this from. No serious source.

Too much spare time, eh?

How much does the TV version cost nowadays?

$150 if you ordered it before the season started. Then I think it went up to something like $170-$180. At mid-season it dropped to $119, and I think it dropped again a month or so again. It just depends on what part of the season you order it.

I always order Center Ice the first day its available so I get the early bird discount ($150 for the entire season).

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

i just got off the phone with charter. if you call them you can make some kind of formal protest. i think thats what he called it. a protest memo. i urge everyone to do this.

i also tried talking to a rep online. don't waste your time. i talked to someone called "belinda." she wasn't helpful and she's not good at english.

i believe you man, but whats the source? is it confirmed?

I don't have any links, but FSN has been covering the first two rounds of the playoffs for a couple seasons now. CBC always covers the Conference and Stanley Cup Finals. I don't really know what NBC and VS will be doing outside of the Finals.

I don't have any links, but FSN has been covering the first two rounds of the playoffs for a couple seasons now. CBC always covers the Conference and Stanley Cup Finals. I don't really know what NBC and VS will be doing outside of the Finals.

That's a relief. I really didn't want to have to go out every game because I don't have Vs...

yeah, i have FSND and the CBC so i think i should be able to get all of the games.

i would hope that CBC does regional stuff. all i care about is the red wings playoff games.

i mean yeah, itd be cool to watch others, but the wings come first