• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jdog21

Osgood

Rate this topic

Guest Jdog21

Should Osgood be back next year???? I don't want him back because IMO he is the worst Goalie on our team and that includes the minors. I would have rather had Hasek and Legace than to keep Osgood. He seems to let to many easy goals in. I don't care if you bash me but Osgood needs to go.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE CREATED THE 1,000,000TH OSGOOD-BASHING THREAD! :clap::clap::clap:

Seriously, could someone merge this with the other 999,999 threads? <_<

Actually ... for your information, a few of those threads were MERGED!!! The count currently sits at 998. Haha. :P

Guest Agalloch

Jdog21, you are an idiot.

That's all I have to say. I don't see how anyone can dislike Ozzie. He was a great goaltender for us, and is still a fantastic backup. He's also so loyal to the organization, and overall is simply a great guy from what I've seen. There's no reason someone should dislike him because he lost a ******* shootout.

:clap: on another fine season, Ozzie.

Better idea...

Keep Ozzie, kick Jdog21 off LWG :D

haha.

A shootout lose doesn't mean that he need to let him go, Osgood is a good goalie.

Hes not even a FA until after next season anyways, so who knows what you mean by should he be back next year.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE CREATED THE 1,000,000TH OSGOOD-BASHING THREAD! :clap::clap::clap:

Seriously, could someone merge this with the other 999,999 threads? <_<

Just because his opinion is not praising osgood as if he was a god doesnt mean you have to label this as one of those bashing threads, i actually believe its not a bad thread idea, because it will be interesting to see in the offseason what happens with our goalie situation, actually both starter and back up for that matter. So just your a osgood fan probably and your just disgusted that the dude doesnt support him look beyond that and maybe state your opinion on the subject other than just bashing the guy for trying to have a thread.

Now as for my opinion on the subject, i believe osgood coming back all depends what hasek ends up doing, how good we do in the playoffs, and so on. If hasek stays, i say drop oz and bring up howard or liv. if he leaves, keep osgood and bring up howard or liv. but yeah it will be interesting though to see what happens.

The Wings are not going to drop Osgood. Period. He's here for another season, and they sure as heck aren't going to make it Hasek/Howard for the season. How can you even be comfortable with that? If Dom goes down you'd have to rely on Howard for a lot. IMO, he's not ready. At all.

Ozzie let in one bad goal tonight. Big whoop. Get over it. He's played great this season.

The Wings are not going to drop Osgood. Period. He's here for another season, and they sure as heck aren't going to make it Hasek/Howard for the season. How can you even be comfortable with that? If Dom goes down you'd have to rely on Howard for a lot. IMO, he's not ready. At all.

Ozzie let in one bad goal tonight. Big whoop. Get over it. He's played great this season.

Give him hell hockeycrazy :thumbup:

I'll be more lenient. I'll accept that Osgood is the worst goalie if you can actually prove it. You'll learn really fast that radical opinions that aren't backed up with facts will get you a lot of laughs and a general lack of respect.

so in an exciting and once-in-a-lifetime chance to redeem yourself, you're more than welcome to verify what you said with some support. Otherwise no one will take you seriously in this forum.

Edited by Echolalia

Just because his opinion is not praising osgood as if he was a god doesnt mean you have to label this as one of those bashing threads, i actually believe its not a bad thread idea, because it will be interesting to see in the offseason what happens with our goalie situation, actually both starter and back up for that matter. So just your a osgood fan probably and your just disgusted that the dude doesnt support him look beyond that and maybe state your opinion on the subject other than just bashing the guy for trying to have a thread.

Now as for my opinion on the subject, i believe osgood coming back all depends what hasek ends up doing, how good we do in the playoffs, and so on. If hasek stays, i say drop oz and bring up howard or liv. if he leaves, keep osgood and bring up howard or liv. but yeah it will be interesting though to see what happens.

seriously.

He kicked things off by saying Osgood is worse than the minor league goaltenders. Think about that statement for a second. You may not like the guy, but let's have a reality check here, okay?

Any thread that starts with such an idiotic statement is clearly a bashing thread.

seriously people......cut the personal attacks. and Jdog21, if you're going to claim that Ozzie is the worst goalie we have in the whole system, minors included.....well, I'm afraid I just can't take you seriously when you say stuff like that.

I am making a poster of that picture! :P

Everyone is welcome to an opinion, but I would be more likely to listen if there were something reasonable about the ... arguement?

Ozzie will be back, and I hope Dom is, too. They are great together. As for tonight, Wing have to play the entire game, and score more than two goals. Jeez, I think I've said/heard that before.

Go, Ozzie!!

Jdog21, you are an idiot.

That's all I have to say. I don't see how anyone can dislike Ozzie. He was a great goaltender for us, and is still a fantastic backup. He's also so loyal to the organization, and overall is simply a great guy from what I've seen. There's no reason someone should dislike him because he lost a ******* shootout.

:clap: on another fine season, Ozzie.

Amen :clap:

Should Osgood be back next year???? I don't want him back because IMO he is the worst Goalie on our team and that includes the minors. I would have rather had Hasek and Legace than to keep Osgood. He seems to let to many easy goals in. I don't care if you bash me but Osgood needs to go.

:caution:

Saying that he is the worst goalie, including minor leaguers, and saying he lets in soft goals that he can only refer back in the 1998 playoff run (a grand whopping total of 2 or 3), in which he helped win the Cup, is bashing and being just a little bit overdramatic.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Guest Jdog21

Amen :clap:

Apparently what other teams fans say about us is true. You guys are all classless and big Mo's for running your traps over a computer screen. If you don't know how to read or have a short attention span i said i would have rather kept Legace than Osgood. Never said anything about having only Hasek with NHL experience. As for Osgood someone said he was good one time. YEAH AT ONE TIME HE WAS GOOD. not anymore though. He is giving up a lot of garbage goals and i think he needs to go. Oh and don't worry i will be the first to laugh and stick my finger in your face when the wings are 1 and done ONCE AGAIN

Apparently what other teams fans say about us is true. You guys are all classless and big Mo's for running your traps over a computer screen. If you don't know how to read or have a short attention span i said i would have rather kept Legace than Osgood. Never said anything about having only Hasek with NHL experience. As for Osgood someone said he was good one time. YEAH AT ONE TIME HE WAS GOOD. not anymore though. He is giving up a lot of garbage goals and i think he needs to go. Oh and don't worry i will be the first to laugh and stick my finger in your face when the wings are 1 and done ONCE AGAIN

Yeah, I guess those last three wins he got against Nashville THIS SEASON were oh so horrible. Oh my heavens, that means he's been good MORE THAN ONE TIME! What are the odds?!?!?! :scared:

Guest Agalloch

You come on here and bash players on the team, saying they're worse than all of our minor league players. Osgood is a fine goalie STILL, and is a class act as well, and, as I said, loyal. He's a great backup, and is making little money. I fail to see how him letting in one garbage goal tonight means he should go. Did you not see the performances he put in against Nashville? Those were amazing.

And I don't get it. If the Wings are out in the first round, you're going to be laughing? So basically, you aren't even a Wings fan and are just some Preds troll or something, aren't you?

i would have to agree ozzie's glory days r the thing of the past ,great goalie great guy the times i met him but his time is up no need to drag it out go out while your still decent not washed up

We are classless? YOU are the one that comes on here making a thread to bash a player on the Wings. That makes you classless. Get it right.

Osgood is still a very good goalie. He is capable of becoming a starter again in an instance. He wasn't 'once' good. He still is good and always will be. Apparently you haven't been paying attention to this season because he has played some VERY good games, and won huge games against the likes of the Preds, Stars..etc.

What are these garbage goals you speak of? Please enlighten us all.

What does Osgood have to do with the Wings being one and done supposedly? Your posts are not making sense. Supposedly you're a Wings fan right? Could of fooled us.

BTW, if not for Ozzie's amazing performances against the Preds this season being 3-0 then you can almost guarentee that we would not have clinched the division. He was a huge reason why, thank you very much.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

:caution:

Saying that he is the worst goalie, including minor leaguers, and saying he lets in soft goals that he can only refer back in the 1998 playoff run (a grand whopping total of 2 or 3), in which he helped win the Cup, is bashing and being just a little bit overdramatic.

ok now only refer back to 98??? i can refer to at least a goal in almost any game he has played in this season. I agree him being worse than minor leaguers is much but if your seriously saying osgood hasnt let in softies since then thats even worse than what the other guy said. Every one lets in softies, osgood just lets in a little bit more than average. Which flabbergasts me because then the next shot he makes a save that is unbelievable. Thats just how he roles. But any way my point is he could refer to the first goal of tonite if thats better for you, or many others in this season.

ok now only refer back to 98??? i can refer to at least a goal in almost any game he has played in this season. I agree him being worse than minor leaguers is much but if your seriously saying osgood hasnt let in softies since then thats even worse than what the other guy said. Every one lets in softies, osgood just lets in a little bit more than average. Which flabbergasts me because then the next shot he makes a save that is unbelievable. Thats just how he roles. But any way my point is he could refer to the first goal of tonite if thats better for you, or many others in this season.

If you think Ozzie lets in more softies than others in the league, then you obviously don't watch other games. I'm sorry but I see ridiculous goals given up every night while watching other hockey games. Every goalie lets in his share of bad goals, but Ozzie definitely isn't the one that lets in the most. Nowhere near it.