• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Viperar

Ryan Miller

Rate this topic

I am being optimistic but since many analysts do see a buffalo sabres vs detroit red wings final. I wanna see your guys' opinions about Ryan Miller. I ask this because we know that kryptonite for the wings is a hot goalie, and I wonder is Miller really that good or is it the team in front of him that "inflates" his stats.

Record- 40-16-6

GAA- 2.73

Save % - .911

What do you guys think, is he our worst nightmare, or have we faced worse?

Edited by Viperar

I beleive Dats once scored a goal (05 I think it was) on Miller where he completely froze Miller with a quick back forth move and tossed the puck upstairs like it was nothing. Of course Miller has gotten better.

I watched every Sabres game after the first round last season, and a couple of their games against Philly. That kid is good. Sabres run and gun style leaves him open to some good scoring chances, and he's all about the clutch save. After watching him last year, he became my favorite non-Wing goalie.

I wish Ryan Miller the best of luck in the playoffs. Hes a good ol MSU boy, and you can't knock that. :thumbup:

That said....if we do meet him in the finals, hes going down.

Easily.

I have read from several Sabres fans on other boards that Miller's stats are actually worse than what they should be since Buffalo's attacking style provides a lot of odd man rushes for the other team.

No idea how true it is, but I've seen more than one Sabres fan say it.

Miller is a great goalie...if anything the team in front of him makes him look worse because they're such an offensively-minded one. He is top 7 in the league and only going to get better with age. That said, a Detroit/Buffalo Final will never happen. How many times does the top point-getter make the finals, much less the TOP 2? That said, Buffalo making the finals is a real possibility.

Miller is a great goalie...if anything the team in front of him makes him look worse because they're such an offensively-minded one. He is top 7 in the league and only going to get better with age. That said, a Detroit/Buffalo Final will never happen. How many times does the top point-getter make the finals, much less the TOP 2? That said, Buffalo making the finals is a real possibility.

so therefore by your logic you dont see the wings making it?

Actually, the opinion Ive gotten from many of the Eastern Conference fans is that Ryan Miller is not playing as well as he was last year. IMO, the kid is good, but i think the Sabres biggest problem will be, should they make it to the SC Finals, facing a team that is used to winning defensive-minded games. I know Ryan Miller has won his fair share of low scoring games, but Id like to see how this kid does over a 7 game series where most games are decided by a goal and scoring 3 goals is considered going all out offensively.

Im not saying he cant win behind a stingy Sabres defense, Im wondering moreso how he'd react in a series where letting in 2 goals a game is too many.

...and how many times is a "sure thing" in hockey ever a sure thing?

Guest Agalloch

Ryan Miller is pretty good.

He's also probably the most overrated goalie in the league.

I have read from several Sabres fans on other boards that Miller's stats are actually worse than what they should be since Buffalo's attacking style provides a lot of odd man rushes for the other team.

No idea how true it is, but I've seen more than one Sabres fan say it.

True that, stats are worse this year since the run and gun offense Lindy implemented this season. We were giving up over 40 shots per game for awhile there. The defensive focus has brought that back to the low 20's recently and that is a must for the playoffs.

Look for a puck control team, no penalties & lots of outlet passes to the speedy forwards from the D. Miller's is great on his own, but the defense has to do their job.

Guest Tunbo Batman

Ryan Miller is pretty good.

He's also probably the most overrated goalie in the league.

QFT. Reminds me of Ottawa's Lalime. Ha!