• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
scotzman

How the West Was Won...

Rate this topic

The way the games are going in the West right now, will they have anything left in the tank in the Finals against the East. I realize it's only 3 games, but good grief! This Canucks/Stars game is brutal... these guys are gonna' sleep like babies.

The lone East game didn't seem to be as taxing for the winner.

I watched (still watching) Vancouver/Dallas and Nashville/San Jose and they seemed to be tough games.

Thoughts?

this is why I love hockey, and especially playoff hockey, because of games like this. You would think that games like these would drain these teams dry, but I can almost guarantee u that the next game, the teams will bring just as much intensity as they did tonight.

this is why I love hockey, and especially playoff hockey, because of games like this. You would think that games like these would drain these teams dry, but I can almost guarantee u that the next game, the teams will bring just as much intensity as they did tonight.

I agree, it's just crazy.

I would love for the Wings to make semi-short work of the Flames.

Haha. I saw the title - How the West Was Won. And I thought, 'hey, thats a lot better than - join the red wave.' I pictured our boys in wild west gear with shotguns riding into the sunset. Haha.

(anyway - that was completly off the actual topic) yeah, I watched Day 1, and some of the games looked tough. It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top.

I was really disappointed to find out that Vancouver won that game when I checked the score this morning. Dallas pretty much controlled the game from halfway through the 3rd all the way until the end. I realize that Dallas is a different team right now, but if Vancouver had that much trouble with a team that we basically owned all year then things don't seem quite as bad if we get into the 2nd round. If the Canucks want to sit back and play the trap all game then let them. I think the Stars may come out of this one better than predicted.

I was really disappointed to find out that Vancouver won that game when I checked the score this morning. Dallas pretty much controlled the game from halfway through the 3rd all the way until the end. I realize that Dallas is a different team right now, but if Vancouver had that much trouble with a team that we basically owned all year then things don't seem quite as bad if we get into the 2nd round. If the Canucks want to sit back and play the trap all game then let them. I think the Stars may come out of this one better than predicted.

Totally agree. I hate the nucks. But that it what Luongo will do for you eh. 72 saves, holy s***!!!

Totally agree. I hate the nucks. But that it what Luongo will do for you eh. 72 saves, holy s***!!!

I hope these "Nuckle-heads" continue to play that boring/trapping style... I think Dallas can beat it. Luongo made a ton of saves, but we have seen how shots do not equal quality chances. Turco looked shakey at times though... that guy has a monkey on his back.

All that being said, I hope these teams (Dallas/Vancouver, Nashville/San Jose) continue to beat the s*** out of each other and we make quick work of the Flames... a guy can dream can't he?

I was out of town for work these past few days, so I didn't get to watch any action last night, but I woke up early enough and tuned to SportsCenter and saw 4OT's and I was like "good grief"! I got to see the 'Nucks-Stars highlights and Luongo made some absolutely nutty saves.

Hopefully I'll be able to tune into most of their game tomorrow night if I don't stay out late anywhere since it's West Coast start time.

Roberto Roberto,....Those nucks remind me very much of a certain team that had a certain current red wing on it that went to the cup finals in 99'.

That said, if they have to go through us to get there, they won't