• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Bertuzzi Cleared to Play in Game 2

Rate this topic

Glad to hear it. Always liked Bert, even throughout the Steve Moore crap, regardless of calfan's sweeping generalizations.

What's the alternative for people who dislike(d) him? Not root for your team because they signed Bert, (which we had no say in of course)?

moving on...

esteef

Glad to hear it. Always liked Bert, even throughout the Steve Moore crap, regardless of calfan's sweeping generalizations.

What's the alternative for people who dislike(d) him? Not root for your team because they signed Bert, (which we had no say in of course)?

moving on...

esteef

Did you see the Monroe newspaper article posted here yesterday? That is some "fans" response to the signing of Bert. Anyway, he did his time, paid his money, he's a Wing now.

GO BERT!!!

Found it

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...EWS01/104120040

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Did you see the Monroe newspaper article posted here yesterday? That is some "fans" response to the signing of Bert. Anyway, he did his time, paid his money, he's a Wing now.

GO BERT!!!

Found it

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...EWS01/104120040

Hmm, interesting read. A fan for 30 years, and now he wont watch a single game when Bertuzzi is on the ice. Quite a fan.

I appreciate why this wouldn't be taken as an objective view, but I really don't get the Bertuzzi love in.

Based on his years in vancouver he's basically Holmstrom with better puck skills, way less tenacity, and a flair for really stupid penalties.

He's big, but not tough or intimidating. Just hard to move.

Most importantly he almost single-handedly cost his team 2 trips deep into the playoffs with stupid actions.

The best you can hope for is he does what Holmstrom does - which is pretty damn effective. At worst he'll cost you your season. He'll probably do neither.

It all comes back to you, you're gonna get what you deserve,

Try and test that, you're bound to get served

A little Sublime for Jarome on this lovely spring day.

That's awesome right there :clap: .. I can't wait for Bert to dress and play game 2 sunday... BERT IS GOING TO BRING IT

I appreciate why this wouldn't be taken as an objective view, but I really don't get the Bertuzzi love in.

Based on his years in vancouver he's basically Holmstrom with better puck skills, way less tenacity, and a flair for really stupid penalties.

He's big, but not tough or intimidating. Just hard to move.

Most importantly he almost single-handedly cost his team 2 trips deep into the playoffs with stupid actions.

The best you can hope for is he does what Holmstrom does - which is pretty damn effective. At worst he'll cost you your season. He'll probably do neither.

Bertuzzi's not tough or intimadating ? :blink:

I think you must be talking about his best buddie Naslund

Bertuzzi's not tough or intimadating ? :blink:

I think you must be talking about his best buddie Naslund

That's the weird part. I doub't you'll find a many flames fans worried about bert physically. Markov, Lilja...even Franzen yes. Bert not so much.I'm sure he'll throw a hit or two. I'm sure he'll have a few more guys bounce off him. But I'd say there's a better chance a guy like Hudler turns in a magical performance than bertuzzi.

I'm worried he'll park his ass in front of Kipper and finish off plays that guys like datsyuk start, but that's it.

Maybe I've just forgotten, but if you check out Flames boards there might be more people excited that berts coming back than anything else. There's a better than even chance he'll be in the box or floating while an important goal is scored by Calgary.

That's the weird part. I doub't you'll find a many flames fans worried about bert physically. Markov, Lilja...even Franzen yes. Bert not so much.I'm sure he'll throw a hit or two. I'm sure he'll have a few more guys bounce off him. But I'd say there's a better chance a guy like Hudler turns in a magical performance than bertuzzi.

I'm worried he'll park his ass in front of Kipper and finish off plays that guys like datsyuk start, but that's it.

Maybe I've just forgotten, but if you check out Flames boards there might be more people excited that berts coming back than anything else. There's a better than even chance he'll be in the box or floating while an important goal is scored by Calgary.

Whats better then a fan , but a Coach. Jimmy Playfair is scared

Whats better then a fan , but a Coach. Jimmy Playfair is scared

Ahhh. If you say so.

Look I'm not trying to dampen the glory of the ass kicking you guys handed us last night. Just find it an interesting story line that some wings fans are awaiting some kind of arnie on skates, while flames fans are thinking he's just a slow, stupid version of dustin penner. It's like it's 2 different guys.

Ahhh. If you say so.

Look I'm not trying to dampen the glory of the ass kicking you guys handed us last night. Just find it an interesting story line that some wings fans are awaiting some kind of arnie on skates, while flames fans are thinking he's just a slow, stupid version of dustin penner. It's like it's 2 different guys.

I know what you're saying. And I'm not too keen on Bert actually going out on the ice to fight people. I'd rather him just be strong on the puck at all times like the power forward Detroit has so desparately needed for a while now. If he ends up fighting to defend himself or one of his mates then so be it.

esteef

Ahhh. If you say so.

Trust me, most of the people on this board would think the same thing if he didn't play for the Wings. People don't want to give Bertuzzi any credit, because of the Moore incident. It was the same on this board before the trade.

The truth lies somewhere in between. Bertuzzi can be a dominant player when he's right. He skates and handles the puck exceptionally well for a man his size, and when he hits people, he does serious damage. He's not a fighter (like some think) and doesn't go out of his way to be especially physical.

Your comparison to Holmstrom isn't that far off actually. They are similar players. Betuzzi is just bigger and more skilled.

Ahhh. If you say so.

The sheer size of the guy just gets us riled up. I don't even think the organization had jerseys that big until they traded for him. Also, have you seen our other players? It's a reason to get excited for us.

I wonder what Phaneuf thinks about Bert's physicality?

It's amazing where Wings fans have gotten to on the topic of Bertuzzi. The amount of disrespect and disdain this board showed for him back in 2004 and pretty much right up to when the Wings acquired him this year. There's a word for that, let's see, what was it

Oh ya - hypocrits :sly:

I know I for one never had a problem with Bertuzzi, and now I'm very glad that he is on the Wings and beating Calgary right out of the playoffs... It is going to be so great seeing him knock those Flamers around.

Also, you should read The Code.

GO WINGS! :siren:

Edited by RedStormRising