• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheelin06

Time warp: 2001, wings lose in 6, give up 2-0 lead

Rate this topic

I'll never say that a series is over until one team gets that 4th victory. However, it seems like we've gotten back into our bad habits from last year. And Babcock isn't doing a very good job as a coach. Second game in a row he's tired out Datsyuk and Zetterberg before the final two minutes of the game. You just don't do that if you want us to have a shot. Not to mention we haven't been getting any help from the refs. Horribly officiated game tonight and in Game 3. If this team gets its collective head out of its ass and starts playing smart hockey then I think we'll be okay. If not, then we'll see...

Not sure if this has been posted.. didn't bother to read many of them.

But how about instead of a negative time warp, you go to a positive time warp.

03-04, the Wings had a 2-0 series lead on Nashville, they lost the next two in Nashville before going back home to win game 5 and then shutting Nashville out in game 6. This was the last time the Wings had a 2-0 series lead.

True, but I'd imagine the Flames might just have a little bit of momentum going into Game 5. And in the post-season, regular season trends like home and road records often don't remain the same.

Calgary is a streaky team... they play hard and win when they have to. Look at the away games leading up to the playoffs (until the spot was clinched), that was some of the best hockey i've seen Calgary play all year and it was on the road, they play hardest when backed into a corner.

Edited by stev0

different situation. different point in the playoffs, different players with different passion.

to compare that time to now is like comparing espn and versus.

If it's a different situation, why just only bring a doom-and-gloom the world is ending scenario?

The series is definitely up for grabs now, but if it's different situations, you cannot tell me with any accuracy the the Wings are just f**ked beyond belief this series when it's a best-of-three now, and vice versa of course.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

i'll start to worry if we lose game 5.

and i belive the saying is you CAN"T judge a book by looking at its cover.

You can only judge a book by it's cover, and right now our cover says "sucks" in the worst way. I predicted the wings in 6, I was faithful, but I get so mad beyond words to watch this team all season just to see them roll over year after year in round 1 in multiple fashions. I don't get how I am the only one who is this passionately upset by this franchise in recent years. It makes you feel liek you wasted your time and money to see the team curl up in the corner when things get "intense"

These guys need to step up, change the mentality of this team becuase it's horrible, abosultely horrible right now.

I actually feel WORSE when Detroit gets a power play, because I know nothing is going to happen.

They play much better at even strength (except the top line).

Guest LivingtheDream

Those of you giving up on the Wings already should really be ashamed of yourselves. :thumbdown:

No, you should be ashamed for being a Homer. We can complain about the WIngs awful play all day and night and that never makes you a better or more dedicated fan than us. I am embarrassed at how the Wings played the last two games. Only a very few (and young) players really show up night after night. Are you proud of the WIngs in the past two games? Is that what you like to see? If so, fine, then leave us alone. Go make a thread about how proud you are of all our pentalties, botched passes and lack of hustle.

I will call it now. This series is over. It's 2001 against LA all over again.

What a joke, I don't know why we all watch them all season when they roll over in the playoffs. Think about it, other than 2002, we've been horrible in the playoffs this decade.

Also, before the playoffs, CBC poll said wings were the most likely to be upset in round 1. Looks like they were right.

I love this team, but I'm sick of getting my heart broken.

talk about panic, its 2-2, Were not even down yet and your calling the series over, some fan you are. The Calgary fans didn't give up on thier team when they were down 2 zip.

Every playoff team faces adversity, we realize now that the Flames are not going to be beaten easy and will come out in the end.

I have faith in my team until the end,

Go Wings

I'm in the middle of this pack.

I will say this, however. I am "feeling" the following:

Game 5 - Calgary squeaks out an OT victory

Game 6 - Calgary wins and series is over.

Those of you giving up on the Wings already should really be ashamed of yourselves. :thumbdown:

:clap: Exactly....This time of year really shows who the true fans are

We're DOOOOOMED!

We're going to lose this series in FIVE!

The polar ice caps will simultaneously melt, America will be swallowed by the rising sea, and killer tornadoes will ravage what's left. World War III will erupt over the limited remaining food supplies, and a nuclear cloud will render the planet uninhabitable.

All because of our special teams.

DOOOOOOMED!!

I will call it now. This series is over. It's 2001 against LA all over again.

What a joke, I don't know why we all watch them all season when they roll over in the playoffs. Think about it, other than 2002, we've been horrible in the playoffs this decade.

Also, before the playoffs, CBC poll said wings were the most likely to be upset in round 1. Looks like they were right.

I love this team, but I'm sick of getting my heart broken.

Your post would lead me to believe you have only followed this series thru the media, and not by watching for yourself. You sound like a pessimist ....what ever happened to being a fan thru thick and thin?

I have an idea! Since you love to ***** SO very much about them and see this series going downhill, I suggest you don't watch anymore.

Then AFTER they win the series, come back and cheer them on because that's what fair weather fans do.

:clap: There's too many so called "fan's" been on this Forum since tuesday's game, starting threads about how the Wings are going to choke or the Wings suck :angry: .They need to STOP whinning and support there team. :thumbup:

Here are some facts: Calgary played horribly through games 1 and 2. Detroit played horridly through game 3. Calgary and the refs played awesome last night. The momentum has indeed changed. We are on the ropes. Babcock is clueless (Sammy on the point? Lang logging major minutes? Taking the clutch time away from clutch players?) I say unless Lids has a good long talk with the guys and gets them on the train, this sucker is over. The last two games prominately displayed who wants to win more (and that includes the guys on the Wings who WANT to win). The Calgary Flames vs. Cleary/Draper/Franzen is not fair. The rest of the team must sacrifice and stand-up... or this is the LA series all over again. They have opened the door to Calgary. Next game is MUST win.

What a bunch of cry babies. The seires isn't over, so quit your bitching. The Wings didn't play that badly in Calgary. the refs helped the Flames out alot. Both of those games couldn've went either way. Alot of you are acting like they're just laying down and dying. Is that what you do in your life when times get tough. Although judgeing by some of the posts in this thread some of you appear too young to have had hard times yet. Some of you need some freaking zoloft or some s***, cry and cry, "This is 06 all over again!!!!!!, There blowing it again!!!" But then someone will bring up the Nashville series but you wont want to hear it. You can tell the pre-97 fans from the post-97 fans very easily around here. Getting this worked up over a tied series, FICKLE, like I've said 100 times.

I gotta say I'm not feeling good about things right now. I was at game 3, and the only Wings that showed up were Cleary/Draper/Maltby. The rest of the team looked sluggish. I really hope they can turn it around, but right now it looks like the Flames just plain want it more. I really think that Dom needs to step it up and steal a game for us, otherwise I fear it's probably gonna be the Flames in 6...... :(

What a bunch of cry babies. The seires isn't over, so quit your bitching. The Wings didn't play that badly in Calgary. the refs helped the Flames out alot. Both of those games couldn've went either way. Alot of you are acting like they're just laying down and dying. Is that what you do in your life when times get tough. Although judgeing by some of the posts in this thread some of you appear too young to have had hard times yet. Some of you need some freaking zoloft or some s***, cry and cry, "This is 06 all over again!!!!!!, There blowing it again!!!" But then someone will bring up the Nashville series but you wont want to hear it. You can tell the pre-97 fans from the post-97 fans very easily around here. Getting this worked up over a tied series, FICKLE, like I've said 100 times.

:clap::clap::clap::thumbup:

You guys are a bunch of God damn babies. I seriously can't believe some of this stuff I'm seeing today, and I've only been logged on for about 20 minutes.

Didn't Nashville tie the series at 2-2 in 2004 and the Wings still won it? Or am I just pulling this stuff out of my ass right now? No, I'm not.

This series isn't over. All of you who are doubters SHUT UP AND LEAVE. It really pisses me off to see these kind of topics. Like bringback91 said, it's really apparent to see the pre-97 and post-97 fans here. Some of you guys are a bunch of spoiled bastards. You all expect every series to end in a sweep. That's not realistic, not at all. I swear, this board is so ridiculuos after the Wings lose.

I'm taking a break until tommorow. This stuff get's me too fired up.