• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Booster313

Faith Restored

Rate this topic

So after last nights disheartening loss it's easy to become negative. However after having some time to reflect I thought I would share my reasons why this series is far from over, and why I believe.

1. We have home Ice. - I have to believe that we will play better in our building and this could make a difference.

2. Dom accepted responsibility. - He made a stupid error in judgement in the first, but he didn't blame his team, shook it off and played solid. What's more he shouldered the responsibility with the media.

3. The whole series we've seen scoring spread around to several different lines, just think if they all get rolling on the same night!

4. Calgary brought their A game the past two nights, the Wings did not, yet we were still within reach the whole night. When we had our A games 1 & 2 the play was much more lop-sided. The Wings are the better team, we just have to play like it.

5. And last but not least...at the Joe we have Bernie!!!

Ok just thought I would share why I have every confidence again the Wings will win this series. Can't wait to lace up the skates for Saturday!!!

Edited by Booster313

I'll add some positivity to this thread too. I'm "postively" sure that if the Wings don't come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow afternoon, the series is over.

With that said, I believe that we will have the advantage tomorrow. Bert is looking more like the player that we expected him to be. Hasek has to be beating himself up a bit and that will be good motivation for a better game tomorrow. The line changes were somewhat effective other than the DZH line which has seemed to disappear. I believe that be more effective tomorrow because Homer will park his big body in front of the net more.

The only question mark, IMO, is how much Kipper will stand on his head tomorrow.

I'll add some positivity to this thread too. I'm "postively" sure that if the Wings don't come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow afternoon, the series is over.

With that said, I believe that we will have the advantage tomorrow. Bert is looking more like the player that we expected him to be. Hasek has to be beating himself up a bit and that will be good motivation for a better game tomorrow. The line changes were somewhat effective other than the DZH line which has seemed to disappear. I believe that be more effective tomorrow because Homer will park his big body in front of the net more.

The only question mark, IMO, is how much Kipper will stand on his head tomorrow.

Are you bi-polar??? One on hand you come out with a super negative attitude, then you give 3 great reasons why the Wings should win. Just poking fun of course.

Sometimes I think I may be :). The first part was a little tongue-in-cheek but somewhat the truth because if we lose the next game it's going to take monumental effort to take game 6 in Calgary.

Edited by wingsfan75

Really tough to stay positive after squandering our 2-0 lead. I know the series hasn't progressed the same way but this upcoming game 5 on saturday reminds me of Edmonton last year. Series tied at 2 games a piece, we have home ice. Edmonton ended up destroying us in that game. :(

Really tough to stay positive after squandering our 2-0 lead. I know the series hasn't progressed the same way but this upcoming game 5 on saturday reminds me of Edmonton last year. Series tied at 2 games a piece, we have home ice. Edmonton ended up destroying us in that game. :(

This team is playing with much more intensity than this time last year. I went to Game 5 last year and remember it very well. This team is not really even comparable to last years as far as for showing up in the playoffs. We are doing alot of the little things that we wasn't doing last year. People are actually fightting the battles in the corner after a dump in. Dats has scored twice.

Kipper is the only reason that this thing is a series right now. He made some brillant saves last night with some very sharp post to post movements.

Sometimes I think I may be :). The first part was a little tongue-in-cheek but somewhat the truth because if we lose the next game it's going to take monumental effort to take game 6 in Calgary.

I misread your post I thought you said I am positively sure the wings will come out flat...sorry I was tired this morning. Stike my previous reply from the record. Your right if the wings don't come out on fire and win tomorrow the series is over.

Bernie is dead. I ate him.

Thanks for pointing that out Hannibal, but we're already aware that Bernie's dead...theres two movies about him.

Guest hockeygal

So after last nights disheartening loss it's easy to become negative. However after having some time to reflect I thought I would share my reasons why this series is far from over, and why I believe.

1. We have home Ice. - I have to believe that we will play better in our building and this could make a difference.

2. Dom accepted responsibility. - He made a stupid error in judgement in the first, but he didn't blame his team, shook it off and played solid. What's more he shouldered the responsibility with the media.

3. The whole series we've seen scoring spread around to several different lines, just think if they all get rolling on the same night!

4. Calgary brought their A game the past two nights, the Wings did not, yet we were still within reach the whole night. When we had our A games 1 & 2 the play was much more lop-sided. The Wings are the better team, we just have to play like it.

Ok just thought I would share why I have every confidence again the Wings will win this series. Can't wait to lace up the skates for Saturday!!!

I would like to think your points are true...but

1. Momentum has shifted

2. Hasek is getting rattled..and thats not good..the Flames are in his head, and the whole wings team now

3. Flames are Underdogs, Wings are Under Total pressure, due to playoffs past

4. Kiprusoff has yet to steal a game for the Flames, and game 5 could be the one.

5. I just remember the Wings loss in the dome on March 20, and then the Flames went on to beat the Preds (who they have always had trouble with), and then an AFTERNOON GAME in Chicage, and 2 In Minny (breaking the Wilds 10 game winning streak.) and then the Nucks... therefore a 6 game winning streaking, starting with a win against the wIngs

6 Flames have way better specialty teams and know how to block shots from getting thru

7. Big guns for the Flames have stepped up in the last 2 games, something we didn't see in the first two games

ie: Iggy, Langkow, Conroy, Lombardi, Tanguay

8. They have beaten the wings twice now without there #1 d-man in Regehr

9. Flames have played like they want it more

10. I think we will see a different Flames team tomorrow, with more confidence, now that they have beaten us twice. I really don't think that the Flames road record will play a part in tomorrows game. They are playing better than the wings now, and how many times have we seen the wings Choke in the Playoffs in the past 3 season.

Sorry, I wish I could be more optimistic, but I am :scared: I am sorry but I have no faith in this team. And if the wings lose they go back to the Dome for game 6 (Crazy, crazy loud fans, which the joe doesn;t have) which is another loss and let down for the team. And then Game 7, well who knows then

Sooner or later the winning in the other building is goind to change...It will be game 5....I just have this sickening feeling that it will

Edited by hockeygal

1. Momentum has shifted

2. Hasek is getting rattled..and thats not good..the Flames are in his head, and the whole wings team now

4. Kiprusoff has yet to steal a game for the Flames, and game 5 could be the one.

5. I just remember the Wings loss in the dome on March 20, and then the Flames went on to beat the Preds (who they have always had trouble with), and then an AFTERNOON GAME in Chicage, and 2 In Minny (breaking the Wilds 10 game winning streak.) and then the Nucks... therefore a 6 game winning streaking, starting with a win against the wIngs

6 Flames have way better specialty teams and know how to block shots from getting thru

7. Big guns for the Flames have stepped up in the last 2 games, something we didn't see in the first two games

10. I think we will see a different Flames team tomorrow, with more confidence, now that they have beaten us twice. I really don't think that the Flames road record will play a part in tomorrows game. They are playing better than the wings now, and how many times have we seen the wings Choke in the Playoffs in the past 3 season.

Sorry, I wish I could be more optimistic, but I am :scared: I am sorry but I have no faith in this team. And if the wings lose they go back to the Dome for game 6 (Crazy, crazy loud fans, which the joe doesn;t have) which is another loss and let down for the team. And then Game 7, well who knows then

Sooner or later the winning in the other building is goind to change...It will be game 5....I just have this sickening feeling that it will

Are you a Flames fan posing as a Wings one? Everything you say points to a yes.

The Joe doesn't have crazy, loud fans? Have you ever been to a Wings playoff game? Apparently not.

You know I don't even get mad at negative posts anymore..I just laugh.

Are you a Flames fan posing as a Wings one? Everything you say points to a yes.

The Joe doesn't have crazy, loud fans? Have you ever been to a Wings playoff game? Apparently not.

You know I don't even get mad at negative posts anymore..I just laugh.

You're right Reem, this person is clearly a poser. On top of everything else, he/she spelled Regehr right...dead giveaway! Only a Flames fan wouldnt put the H after the G ;)

1. Momentum has shifted

I thought this was suppose to be a positive thread....................

flames are going to come into our building and will be confident,...over confident they'll think they're the same team we faced thursday night and when they figured out midway through the second there not at home, it'll be to late.

Guest Crymson

:siren::thumbup::siren: <3 <3 <3

You're right Reem, this person is clearly a poser. On top of everything else, he/she spelled Regehr right...dead giveaway! Only a Flames fan wouldnt put the H after the G ;)

That, and I really haven't heard many Wings fans call Iginla "Iggy".

It's 10:06 Saturday morning. I have no stats to bring to the table. I know what the past history of our team is. My gut has butterflies. My heart is pounding in excitement. I am at work and having a very difficult time concentrating. People think I am extreme. People think I am crazy to put so much stock and emotion into a team. To me they are not just a team. I did not jump on the band wagon with the Tigers, I don't care what happens in basketball. I do hope our teams fair well for economy's sake. This team, this extension of my heart, is all I have. I love my life. I love my wings. They are not a team, they are an extension of my heart. I am not the only one. So many are just like me. So many go home angry and depressed after a lose. So many dwell for days on the what and why's. For this reason above all else, I believe. I will not attend the game, but I will watch from my living room. With all my friends who believe. My daughter that only knows she wants to marry Zetterberg. My wife that wants to battle my duaghter for Zetterberg's hand. My jersey worn proudly like the mantle of detroit that it is. My face will be colored red and white. My wing-nut cap close at hand. My heart anxiously awaiting for a goal. For a win. I will represent MY TEAM with all the energy and faith I can muster. I believe.