• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jon_G

Lets give credit to players that had a great series

Rate this topic

I'm a longtime lurker on the forum, and I felt, while watching Game 6 tonight, that I just had to pop in here and ask if anyone else thought Lilja was living up to his hype as "The Pain Train"...?

I keep flashing back to 2004 when Fischer was constantly giving the puck away, seemed like he was always on the ice during the goals against. I would have never expected that Lilja would turn in a better performance against the Flames than Fischer ever did.

Everyone on here likes to laugh how Lilja is a big man, who is pretty soft, not physical enough, gives the puck away, and is basically inept. Anyone else on here saw the complete opposite this series?

Quincy also impressed me tonight, as he looked confident and didn't make one bad turnover that I can recall.

Lang, while still exhibiting his trademark lazy and sucky play, still managed to put some points up and had a big goal to neutralize Iginla's goal tonight. I have to give him a few props, however we will need more then just 1 goal from him in the next series.

Samuelsson was ineffective when it came to putting up points, however, who can say he wasnt great along the boards, backchecking, and controlling the puck quite well for the most part...of course he did have that horrible triple deke play in his own end tonight...

Who else deserves some credit instead of normally getting ripped?

Lilja definitely gets some points, and after tonight's game, Lang does too.

But even though he was a pretty solid player in the regular season (until his leg injury), I don't think anyone deserves more props than Cleary.

I totally agree, Cleary was a beast. I don't think anyone on here has ever questioned his play this year though. He definately produced more then was expected though, for sure.

No s***. How many of you thought we would make it out of the first round if you knew we not only would use Lilly, but had to depend on him?

Lilly tonight: 1 SOG, 4 blocked shots, 8 hits and played over 29 minutes!

I personally saw him break up a couple of scoring chances tonight. Way to go big boy!

:clap::clap:

esteef

Lilja definitely gets the nod. He was fantastic all series long. Who would have thought?

Maybe Kronwall going down was a blessing in disguise.

No s***. How many of you thought we would make it out of the first round if you knew we not only would use Lilly, but had to depend on him?

Lilly tonight: 1 SOG, 4 blocked shots, 8 hits and played over 29 minutes!

I personally saw him break up a couple of scoring chances tonight. Way to go big boy!

:clap::clap:

esteef

Yeh yeh. And Cleary and Franzen and ... just a true team effort when it mattered most. Now our guys can rest up and look ahead to next weekend's matchup with either San Jose or Dallas. 12 left to go!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

:siren: Johan Franzen :siren:

Lilja's play since Kronwall went down has surprised me.Filppula played good.Too bad he couldn't have gotten more ice time during the regular season.I was worried about Zetterberg coming in after such a long layoff,but he just got better as the series went along.It was nice to see Pavel dishing out some hits.I think you could find something good to say about most of the guys,but I still cringe whenever Lang and Sammy are on the ice.Those guys are turnovers waiting to happen.

They all played fantastic! Each and EVERY Wing did their thing and that is why they won this series.

Cleary is #1 in my opinion. The man did it ALL. Such a fantastic heart and soul, hard as hell working player. He is a HUGE reason why the Wings won this series.

Lilja- WOW. He was a BEAST out there the entire series. He was SO smart with the puck, and was dishin out hits and sticking up for his mates whenever he had to. EXCELLENT on the PK..and just all around very solid. I am so impressed with him, and I can honestly say he was our top two D-man this series. I am proud of you, LILS!

Mule- AMAZING. The guy is every teams nightmare. He does it all and makes their lives miserable. LOL

MULE!!!!!!!!

Dom- Games 5 & 6 he saved the Wings SEVERAL times! Amazing tending by him. Atta boy.

Honestly it would take awhile going through everyone's name..but they all played great, everyone stepped up when they had to!

PS. Calder was great tonight! THATS MY BOY!!!

Playoff hockey is all about checking and disallowing time and space. As long as Lilja can count on agressive back-checking from forwards, he is fine and even good. His only real weakness is skating and that only burned him once in this series.

Lang, while still exhibiting his trademark lazy and sucky play, still managed to put some points up and had a big goal to neutralize Iginla's goal tonight. I have to give him a few props, however we will need more then just 1 goal from him in the next series.

The look on Lang's face was pure joy and "I can't I believe it, I did it on MY OWN!"

OMG, there are a few. Cleary was definitely the MVP. Andreas "the Pain Train" Lilja was excellent--hitting, sticking up for his teammates, no defensive errors. And, I gotta give props to Quincey today-how nerve racking, and he just came in and played like he had been there the whole time.

Cleary was by far our MVP. He came to play EVERY game!

Of the normal slugs who get bashed constantly (lang, lilja, sammy), only Lilja impressed me this series, with kronwall gone he knew he had to step up and he was just flat out steady as we needed him to be.

Great going wings, I called it wings in 6 and I called the OT goal by my boy THE FRONZE!

Regarding Lang...every cow has his day.

I can see Cleary now. Thanks so much Dan!

Drapes and Maltby still rocking it in the corners and in front of the net doing the unsung work.

Chelios really brought it too.

Guest Crymson

Lilja, so help me everything. I hated the guy's laziness before, but ever since that fight with Moen he's been a completely different player, and I almost love him.

Props to Kipper too. The disparity between how much he got worked compared to Hasek is ridiculous.

Please don't rag on Dom. He made many great saves tonight and throughout the series. Many people should be giving him the same sort of credit as Lilja is receiving; so many people had doubts about Dom's playing ability and his health at season's start, and he has proven them all wrong.