• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings4life

Sharks fans want to play Wings

Rate this topic

samadelphia is from the "chest pumping" sharks boards.

he's a troll i'd ignore him.

Ahh I see, anyone who shows as much love for their team as you show for yours is automatically a troll?

Still waiting for someone on here to show that anything I've said is wrong.

The Sharks are bigger

The Sharks are younger

The Sharks are faster

Nearly all the experts pick the Sharks.

Hasek is a shadow of his former self

The Wings struggled against a very inferior team in rd 1.

Holmstrom is out.

Kronwall is out.

Lebda is out for at least game 1.

Sharks in 5...

Ahh I see, anyone who shows as much love for their team as you show for yours is automatically a troll?

The Sharks are bigger

The Sharks are younger

The Sharks are faster

Holmstrom is out.

Kronwall is out.

Sharks in 5...

Dude i'm a sharks fan but you're just being cocky.... You give the rest of us a bad name, remember who's boards you're on tough guy. Go pound on your chest somewhere else idiot. By the way.. I happen to think Hasek had a very very good year and he is a hall of fame goalie, show some modesty and stop being a jerk on these boards.

Edited by spaMgobLiN

And here's the excuse they will use when they lose:

"Just a word of warning here, as the playoff go on, and as games mean more, as much as we would like to pretend otherwise, calls will become looser. Also, don't under-estimate the Bowman factor. Scotty is still a Red Wings employee, but he also still travels frequently with Mr. Bettman, including last week during the playoffs. Travel with the commissioner while doing advance scouting and consulting for a team still in the playoffs that is dependent on call levels and has not been happy with they officiating standard. It can have an influence. "

From the San Jose message board.

I fail to see how the Red Wings struggled against the Flames since we dominated every home game(4-1, 3-1, 5-1) and only lost two games at Calgary (both 3-2) where your "Bigger, Younger, Faster and expert favorite" Sharks team lost 4-7 on Feb 24 :thumbup:

If you read the Sharks Chatroom they don't feel that Hasek is even a threat they said he got lucky the entire. They feel that the Red Wings are one of the weakest teams left in the Conference. I guess they don't consider us a threat

Please don't read the sjsharks.com forum... you will find the biggest idiots on the internet in there. Never have I seen a more retched hive of scum and villianry.

The Sharks are bigger

The Sharks are younger

The Sharks are faster

Holmstrom is out.

Kronwall is out.

Sharks in 5...

This is someone from the Sharks boards... you can find his name there. This is perfectly typical of someone from those boards...and it gets worse. Argumentative, cocky, and disrespectful of others.

I can't speak for anyone else, but doesn't anyone fear angering the hockey gods, or jinxing themselves?

Hey all, I'm a Sharks fan, but don't hate me automatically!

I'm just here for some good talk during the series. I'm not going to be a troll or anything.

Now, as for this thread (and I didn't read most of the posts, so if I repeat some things, forgive me) I have some things to say.

I think it's true that most Sharks fans wanted to face the Wings rather than the Ducks. Why? Several reasons.

First, we struggled against the Ducks this season, but we were fantastic against the Red Wings, even in the loss we played pretty well. The Ducks have the two headed monster of Pronger-Niedermayer, the Wings don't. Now, Lidstrom is the best defenseman in the world, IMO, but after him there is no one of a Niedermayer/Pronger quality. That isn't to say that Schneider, Chelios, Lebda, etc. aren't good, but they aren't superstars. Also, goaltending. Again, Hasek is good, but compared to Giguere and the season he has had (or Bryzgalov and how well he played against the Wild), Hasek is much more preferable.

Simply put, the Sharks match up very well against the Red Wings. It will not be easy for them to win, not at all, but we have a slight advantage in game 1 with Holmstrom out. This should be a fun series.

I look forward to talking with you guys. Good luck to your Wings.

Hey all, I'm a Sharks fan, but don't hate me automatically!

I'm just here for some good talk during the series. I'm not going to be a troll or anything.

Now, as for this thread (and I didn't read most of the posts, so if I repeat some things, forgive me) I have some things to say.

I think it's true that most Sharks fans wanted to face the Wings rather than the Ducks. Why? Several reasons.

First, we struggled against the Ducks this season, but we were fantastic against the Red Wings, even in the loss we played pretty well. The Ducks have the two headed monster of Pronger-Niedermayer, the Wings don't. Now, Lidstrom is the best defenseman in the world, IMO, but after him there is no one of a Niedermayer/Pronger quality. That isn't to say that Schneider, Chelios, Lebda, etc. aren't good, but they aren't superstars. Also, goaltending. Again, Hasek is good, but compared to Giguere and the season he has had (or Bryzgalov and how well he played against the Wild), Hasek is much more preferable.

Simply put, the Sharks match up very well against the Red Wings. It will not be easy for them to win, not at all, but we have a slight advantage in game 1 with Holmstrom out. This should be a fun series.

I look forward to talking with you guys. Good luck to your Wings.

Your being civil about this , so I will be too.

Giguere isnt playing better then Hasek , nor did he have a better season.

Our D rotation is much better then the Ducks , after there big Three , Odonnel and Huskins ? Please. We have Schnieder , Chelios , Markov , Lebda , Lilja , all betetr then Odonnel and Huskins and Dipenta

Your being civil about this , so I will be too.

Giguere isnt playing better then Hasek , nor did he have a better season.

Our D rotation is much better then the Ducks , after there big Three , Odonnel and Huskins ? Please. We have Schnieder , Chelios , Markov , Lebda , Lilja , all betetr then Odonnel and Huskins and Dipenta

I would still rather face Hasek than Giguere. (And, although I'm sure you have heard this a million times, and will probably want to hang me just for saying it, Hasek and the Wings had the benefit of playing St.Louis, Chicago, and Columbus a combined 24 times over the year...and Chicago and Columbus aren't exactly offensive powerhouses..)

Your D, overall, might be better, but with Pronger and Niedermayer both very capable of playing 28-30 minutes a game, and with Beauchimen able to rack up the minutes as well, they will ALWAYS have a star defender on the ice. It's a safe bet that you'll almost always see Pronger or Niedermayer on the ice...and that's a frightening thought. Lidstrom can't play all 60 minutes, and while Schneider, Chelios, Markov, and co. are no walk in the park, they are certainly not as good as Pronger or Niedermayer.

Still, the Wings are a great team. Hasek is still an excellent goalie. Nicklas Lidstrom is the best defenseman in the world, and the rest of the D-corps are solid. This will be tough for the Sharks.

... (And, although I'm sure you have heard this a million times, and will probably want to hang me just for saying it, Hasek and the Wings had the benefit of playing St.Louis, Chicago, and Columbus a combined 24 times over the year...and Chicago and Columbus aren't exactly offensive powerhouses..)

:blink: I can't belive you just said that!, queue eva unit zero :D

The Sharks are bigger

The Sharks are younger

The Sharks are faster

Holmstrom is out.

Kronwall is out.

Sharks in 5...

what a reason! :rolleyes:

its okay, im so pumped for tomorrow, seriously looking forward to a great series back and forth.

i say this series easily can go the distance, and thats where the Wings home ice advantage comes into play.

here in san jose all i keep hearing is how easy they think it will be to beat detroit and how the real test is in the ducks. the ducks are not as good as we are. the shraks had a hard time playing them this season and we have not had a problem with the ducks so a win for us should be a no brainer. all i know is that this is the test that we need to see if we can take the cup this season.

If my mom had her way, the San Jose Sharks wouldn't even exist. She thinks that hockey shouldn't be played past the Mississippi River (except in Canada). She doesn't like all the Southwest and California teams. She says that in this series "the REAL hockey city will win." Let's hope she's right!

GO WINGS!

The Sharks are bigger

The Sharks are younger

The Sharks are faster

Holmstrom is out.

Kronwall is out.

Sharks in 5...

ok...I'll prove all your points wrong...

1. Sharks are bigger (Flames were bigger)

2. Sharks are Younger (Flames were younger)

3. Sharks are faster (Hmmm need i say Flames were faster)

4. Nearly all the experts pic the Sharks (Once again, Flames too)

5. Hasek is a Shadow of his former self. (Here's the interesting one. Lets look at his former self.)

2006-07 38-11 2.05 .913

2001-02 41-15 2.17 .915

1998-99 30-18 1.87 .937

1997-98 33-23 2.09 .932

1996-97 37-20 2.27 .930

1993-94 30-20 1.93 .930

.....I hardly call those stats a SHADOW of his former self.....

6. The Wings struggled against a very inferior team in rd 1. (Uhh... did you watch the series? The only thing that struggled was their power play and penalty kill in games 3&4. We like more than doubled their shots, outscored them 18-10, held there top line to like 3 goals, I would say they Struggled against the #1 team in the Western Conference.)

7. Holmstrom is Out (..well, sure he is a valuable asset to this team, but he only had 1 assist in 6 games against the flames, and was only a plus 1. Put almost ANYONE on that ine and the Euro-twins make them shine. No worries here.)

8. Kronwall is Out (uh... he's been out since the first play of Game 1 basically. No loss there. no worries.)

9. Lebda is out for game 1 (...sure, we'll mis his speed, but Quincey stepped in and had a great game. Plus, the loss of Lebda was overshadowed by the Win in Calgary (only the best home team in the NHL over the regular season.))

10. Sharks in 5.... Keep dreaming. If no-show Joe plays, and we own Nabby like usual, I would say Wings in 5, if not a sweep...

...you should come with some better reasons than that if you want to try to convince us that the Sharks will beat the Wings. Maybe you are trying to convince yourself, but if these are the only reasons you have, you will be sadly disappointed...

I felt alot more comfortable about a matchup with the Wings before Bert came to town. I think he will negate a bit of what would have been the Sharks biggest advantage, their size and physical play.... just like he did against Calgary.

I haven't seen any Sharks fans saying that Detroit or Hasek are the worst remaining team in the playoffs. I think that distinction goes to Vancouver. Dallas pretty much handled the Nucks in round one, and if not for Luongo, the Stars win the series. If Vancouver continues on it will be on his shoulders.

Any of the other 3 teams could go to the SCF based on merit. I think Anaheim's the best team, or at least I'd rather play them in the WCF than in the Semis. That's not disrespect for Detroit, it's strategic.