• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Here comes the bluster..

Rate this topic

The bad news is the Sharks aren't taking the WIngs lightly.

This is a strawman that makes no sense. I am surprised so many Red Wing fans have bought into this BS. Both teams have no doubt thoroughly scouted out the other team. That's what professional teams in all sports do in the playoffs.

Wait. Are you saying my team isn't preparing properly for this series? How dare you!! You are obviously disrespecting my team.

Gimme a break.

Unfortunately in the down time between games, people here get bored and start picking at scabs. Reading through any interview they can find, any sound bite, finding any little nugget to be outraged about.

Of course the Sharks are confident they can win. Just like the Wings better be. Who the hell would go into a series saying in the press "they seem like a great team. I hope we don't lose!"

I don't think you're getting the point of my post. Of course I would scout the other team, but that wasn't what I was responding to.

Sidenote: I don't like the Tigers. I'm a Brewers Fan. I'm from Green Bay, WI.

What's the point of posting, "WOW"?

Why do you expect the Packers to win? Because they've won before. Problem is, is that they won with great players.

The Red Wings are NOT the same team they once were...right?

That's what Guerin was implying. It's the truth.

I think this whole thing has been blown out of porportion. It's nothing more than the opposing team that has done it's homework. Who cares what he says?

I know that in order to beat Hasek on a breakaway, you have to get him to go down, then roof it. But can I actually do that? Not likely.

My point? It's one thing to know what you have to do to win against an opponent. It's a totally different thing to execute.

Again, Wings in 6.

To summarize

Regular season is 82 games to ALLOW you to come to the dance. Then its a new season. Then everytime you win a round its time to get a new dance partner.

San Jose Big bad, young , fast

Detroit Soft, old, slow

yadda yadda yadda......

I guess thats why they will drop the puck 7pm EST on Thursday. I believe 240 mins of FOCUSED Red Wings Hockey= 4 wins and another chance to suffer another teams fans.....

I personally think the Wings need to start sending us coupons for coffee!!!

To summarize

Regular season is 82 games to ALLOW you to come to the dance. Then its a new season. Then everytime you win a round its time to get a new dance partner.

San Jose Big bad, young , fast

Detroit Soft, old, slow

yadda yadda yadda......

I guess thats why they will drop the puck 7pm EST on Thursday. I believe 240 mins of FOCUSED Red Wings Hockey= 4 wins and another chance to suffer another teams fans.....

I personally think the Wings need to start sending us coupons for coffee!!!

How about a free 20oz soda? I don't like coffee, but I concur!!

Some of you guys are getting too caught up in Geurin's comments. I'll try to provide an outsiders perspective. It is boarderline smack talk, but I wouldn't consider it even in the same league as Huselius's comments about Hasek. Reporters are going to ask both teams what they think of their opponents, and when they talk about a strategy (which this) toward beating their opponents, doesn't mean it's smack talk. It does sound a little confident but that should be expect not confused with taking the Wings lightly.

I also don't think Geurin and the Sharks are underestimating the Wings either. Basically what the coach and Bill were saying is that their experience against some of the more veteran players will help them. You can't deny that it wont', and I know no one is. But this is just a strategy for the the Sharks, they are allowed to have one. Bill is going to use his knowledge of how your players play the game to his advantage, and I think he understands that he is not playing well, but he can still pass his knowledge of your stars to other players on his team. No doubt players on Detroit will be doing the same thing. Look at Chelios, I bet he's a fountain of knowledge when it comes to a bunch of San Jose's lineup.

A lot of you are saying that the Sharks and their fans are being over confident. After reading this thread you might want to look in the mirror because a lot of you are not giving the Sharks any credit and are expecting a butt kicking. Both of your teams are very good and it will be a close series. Still, a bunch of you quite disgusted that a team would get so overconfident (which I don't think the Sharks are anyways) which ironic because a lot of you are doing the same thing toward your team. Just what I observed from this thread.

Try and take it easy on the Shark fans in this thread, they are not trolling. They just offering up the other side of the argument, and of course it isn't going to be the same opinion as yours. What kind of message board would it be if every agreed with each other?

Not if a Sharks fan says it. :D

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, but are you honestly saying that Guerin's comments were in no way taking the Wings lightly or a knock against the team?

Yes, I can. Did you read the article or the Red Wing blog that lifted them out of context? As a visitor I read and respect the rules and guidelines of this forum. One rule is you don't start misleading threads. Trying to drum up bulletin board material out of nothing would seem to qualify.

Wilson strokes Guerin by saying how much he helped off the ice with tips to the young guys in the Nashville series. That's wonderful 'cuz he didn't help much on the ice. Guerin says I don't know about that since they (Sharks coaches) already know the Wings from video and all. Think about it. Guerin, and other vets, would slap down some young turk who made an over confident comment in the locker room.

C'mon, is any playoff vet likely to take a complacent attitude? Against anybody, especially the #1 ranked Red Wings? Do you think the Red Wings are going to sneak up on the Sharks?

"Damn, look at all those banners. I didn't know the Red Wings had won the Cup before, did you? Billy, why didn't you tell us?"

What's the point of posting, "WOW"?

Why do you expect the Packers to win? Because they've won before. Problem is, is that they won with great players.

The Red Wings are NOT the same team they once were...right?

That's what Guerin was implying. It's the truth.

The point of my post was in regards to the way some SJ fans are coming off on LGW.

Never once did I state anything about expecting the Packers to win simply because they've won before, and the same goes for the Red Wings. The Sharks should be confident, same as the Wings should be. That being said, I disagree with you as to what Guerin was implying. He thinks of the Wings as the same team they have been for the past 10 years, which they aren't. They were a much different team in the first round against Calgary, and if Guerin watched the series he would have noticed that.

Really, which part is untrue? The parts where I say that the Sharks are bigger, younger and faster? Or the parts where I say say they are a much bigger, tougher team than the Flames? Or the parts where I point out the regular season record between the two teams? Or the parts where I point out that Hasek is not the goalie he once was?

Which part is untrue?

Please show any post where I have used any personal attacks or foul language...

Well, I NEVER said any of your posts were personal attacks or foul language (I believe i used the word ignorant, which many of your posts were). And I am not about to get into war of worlds with you, because that is really just high school. So, I don't mind you posting, because this forum is supposed to be used to express opinions, but please refrain from being a complete 100% homer.

Here's the most basic breakdown of the series.

Even most red wings fans would acknowledge that, player for player, the Wings can not skate with the Sharks. If both teams play to their ceilings, the Sharks win.

So, in order for the Wings to win they have to play great, and the Sharks have to be less than great. But it is still possible fot the Wings to play great hockey, and lose this series.

The same can not be said for the Sharks. If they play like they have for the past 6 weeks, they win.

Sharks in 5...

Even most red wings fans would acknowledge that, player for player, the Wings can not skate with the Sharks. If both teams play to their ceilings, the Sharks win.

So, in order for the Wings to win they have to play great, and the Sharks have to be less than great. But it is still possible fot the Wings to play great hockey, and lose this series.

The same can not be said for the Sharks. If they play like they have for the past 6 weeks, they win.

Sharks in 5...

Case and Point of what I was saying.

please refrain from being a complete 100% homer.

2 things.

1. I am not a complete homer. I am expressing the same opinion as most hockey fans and experts who are not based in the Great Lakes.

2. Why?

Edited by Samadelphia

This is the dumbest ****** thread I have seen on LGW in weeks. Let me set this straight.

These are two great teams about to play great hockey. They've gone back and forth in the past, as all teams do, and it has absolutely no effect on the game that we will see tomorrow night. So many variables are involved that nobody can reliably predict the exact outcome of the games we will be treated to, from physicality to goals scored to which goaltender outdoes the other. These men are paid athletes and coaches worth millions; nobody took anybody lightly. The only true answer to the argument we're having is to watch the goddamn hockey and ENJOY IT. One team will move on and one team will not. We can talk later about why.

That said, all this tight-assed half-hidden sniping at one another got old by page two. So you can come up with a more elaborate insult than the next guy. Big deal. Shut up and move on.

Yes, I can. Did you read the article or the Red Wing blog that lifted them out of context? As a visitor I read and respect the rules and guidelines of this forum. One rule is you don't start misleading threads. Trying to drum up bulletin board material out of nothing would seem to qualify.

Wilson strokes Guerin by saying how much he helped off the ice with tips to the young guys in the Nashville series. That's wonderful 'cuz he didn't help much on the ice. Guerin says I don't know about that since they (Sharks coaches) already know the Wings from video and all. Think about it. Guerin, and other vets, would slap down some young turk who made an over confident comment in the locker room.

C'mon, is any playoff vet likely to take a complacent attitude? Against anybody, especially the #1 ranked Red Wings? Do you think the Red Wings are going to sneak up on the Sharks?

"Damn, look at all those banners. I didn't know the Red Wings had won the Cup before, did you? Billy, why didn't you tell us?"

:clap::clap::clap:

Great post. Has anyone considered that Guerin is a Savvy vet, and knows better than to give the Wings motivation?

I personally think this entire thing is being blown way out of proportion. Yes he shouldn't have said it, because to some it sounds like a slight bash against the Wings. I mean if it really offends the Wings, they can use it as motivation, I guess.

I have been very civil. I have used stats and history to present my argument. I have not used personal attacks or foul language.

I believe the obvious frustration has kicked in as you have consistently avoided the claims the authors have been making. Nobody likes to see their words made into a strawman, and you seem unwilling to leave the scarecrow alone.

Let me boldly say, one would have to be a true homer to think a team in this series is vastly superior to the other -- on either side. This has been hyped by professional analysts as the most exciting match-up so far; this does not happen because a blow out is predicted. [Note: any apparent advantage it seems has also been lost with recent injuries.]

Something not all the Wings fans in here can say...

Great, two monkeys side with you. You must be so proud... :D

Passion about one's team is an excellent hobby, but we all should be careful to not let it get us into trouble. You have attempted to flame this board and gotten a variety of responses (did you expect anything less?). Granted you have given an appearance of civility, which we appreciate, but I think we would all appreciate it more if you did not insist on beating a dead horse.

Example: the author explicitly informs you, "I am not comparing the Flames and the Sharks" but you insist, "why you had to have meant to compare the two otherwise you would not have made sense."

Then to clarify further, "the argument does make sense because the Red Wings did play a gritty game..."

Look you can think the Sharks are the best team ever if you want and you will find people here who are willing to play the game nicely, but don't tell people what their words mean and what they are really trying to say.

The point of my post was in regards to the way some SJ fans are coming off on LGW.

Never once did I state anything about expecting the Packers to win simply because they've won before, and the same goes for the Red Wings. The Sharks should be confident, same as the Wings should be. That being said, I disagree with you as to what Guerin was implying. He thinks of the Wings as the same team they have been for the past 10 years, which they aren't. They were a much different team in the first round against Calgary, and if Guerin watched the series he would have noticed that.

Exactly. That's the same thing I've been trying to get across to Sharks fans, yet most of them refuse to see it like that.

:clap::clap::clap:

Great post. Has anyone considered that Guerin is a Savvy vet, and knows better than to give the Wings motivation?

I'm sure he knows better, but that comment could be taken in a way that does give the Wings a little more motivation. Again, I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm just saying I wouldn't want any Red Wing to say something along those lines.

That being said, after seeing how many pages this thread has gone to, we all need to just let it go, and let the outcome do the talking.

That being said, after seeing how many pages this thread has gone to, we all need to just let it go, and let the outcome do the talking.

I agree. I was actually surprised when I came back from class at three that this forum what still on the front page.

Sharks in 5...

Sam, I agree that if both teams bring their A game, the Sharks should win.

OTOH, the Red Wings are far more consistent than the Sharks and that is the great equalizer in this series. The 9-4 win in January is a window into this team. They were losing 3-0 before catching fire. You only have to look at last year's series against the Oilers to see what can happen. The Sharks dominated the first two games only to lose the next four. This Sharks team can come back from a 3-0 series deficit or blow a 3-0 series lead.

As much as I hope your prediction comes true, I expect this series to be a roller coaster ride start to finish.

Edited by EasyMark

2 things.

1. I am not a complete homer. I am expressing the same opinion as most hockey fans and experts who are not based in the Great Lakes.

2. Why?

1. There are those who predict a San Jose win, but I have not seen a single expert -- anywhere -- who has claimed as you have that the Sharks are a vastly superior team. Most experts are willing to give an edge, but they do not use the word domination or anything like it.

2. Because we have enough Red Wing homers here already, and this is also not a Sharks site.

Seriously though read my above post, and this one.

Notice there are lots of well versed fans here, some who are even saying they expect a split at the JLA and give us some credit. We get real tired of hearing about how soft our team is, and on and on...

I dont think guerin and wilson should have anserwed that question, a no comment would have been fine and these damn reporters put the players and coaches in these positions to stir up s***!

All part of the playoff 'hype'. Thats what I think lol!

Edited by spaMgobLiN

Sam, I agree that if both teams bring their A game, the Sharks should win.

OTOH, the Red Wings are far more consistent than the Sharks and that is the great equalizer in this series. The 9-4 win in January is a window into this team. They were losing 3-0 before catching fire. You only have to look at last year's series against the Oilers to see what can happen. The Sharks dominated the first two games only to lose the next four. This Sharks team can come back from a 3-0 series deficit or blow a 3-0 series lead.

As much as I hope your prediction comes true, I expect this series to be a roller coaster ride start to finish.

Not that I 100% agree with it, but very well-rounded response.

Appreciated.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Listen, people.. I did not start this thread so that all Wings and Sharks fans would criticize the opposing teams and each other.

I didn't like Bill's comment about how the Wings are the same team they've always been and that he knows everything there is to know about them. If he DID then he'd know they weren't the same. Also, Ron's comments are a bit too much and I truly think the guy is overly confident and cocky. IMO they are taking the Wings lightly. That is all. Nuff said.